Veronica

Veronica had been about to answer Davyd's questions about the wreck, or at least as much as she could, when Lulu focused in on his comment about once wearing a corset. The teenage Danger turned to Davyd as well to hear the story. Once it was over, Pan did not take long to turn things back to the question of what they might find on the wreck and in particular whether their might or might not be treasure.

"Well, it could be possible." She replied to start as she looked back to Pan for a moment. "Ships from the period this one appears to be from were typically carrying a variety of cargo on their journeys."

"As for your questions Davyd," Veronica continued as she looked back at the teen between her and Pan, "The pictures taken were from too high of a depth to get a good look at any name and did not catch anything else that could identify the vessel. Once we get down there and have a look that might change. And I would not worry too much about there being something dangerous aboard. While there are certainly things that could still be dangerous even after lying on the ocean floor for hundreds of years, the majority of things that might cause a wreck, such as gunpowder, are not going to be a problem after so long."

It was about this time that the waitress began to deliver the teens' food.

It had been a long time since Pan had been out looking for treasure. To tell the truth, he did not care much for the treasure itself, but rather the adventure, and yet, there was something in him that seemed to wake up at that thought. He wasn't really showing it, or at least trying not to, but it was there. 

Happily accepting his chicken roti, he gave the waitress a "Thanks!", along with a wide grin, before diving into the food. It was interesting. Not something he had tried before, at least. As usual, he seemed to be almost inhaling the food, though he did pause and come up for air to ask Veronica a few more questions. "What kind of dangerous things might be aboard the ship, then? Ghosts? Pirates? Pirate ghosts?" If he sounded excited at the thought, then that was because he was.

"Well, uh," Davyd began, eyes darting back and forth at the illusion only he & Lulu could see, "I could do a better Desdemona than I could, yeah, but I think I'd rather portray Caliban, from The Tempest, or Nick Bottom, the guy in A Midsummer Night's Dream who gets his head turned into an ass.  Er, that is, into a donkey."

Wow, Lulu!  You're really good at these!  Too bad they're only mental, and can't be recorded by camera.  Oh, but that means we could do special live shows!  

He dug in to his plate of conch fritters as Veronica and Pan discussed treasures and pirates.  He liked the Neverlander's enthusiasm and charming naiveté, and had enjoyed telling his fellow student about cinematic masterpieces of this world -- it gave Davyd a chance to practice speaking and Pan a chance to practice active listening.  "Oh, and what about around the vicinity of the ship," he asked before trying a forkful of the jerk fish.  "Are there sharks in these waters?  Jellyfish?"

Veronica

Veronica could not help but smile at Pan's questions about what other sorts of dangers might be awaiting them aboard the sunken ship. "Well, ghosts could always be a possibility I suppose, including pirate ghosts, but I rather doubt any living pirates would be around after being at the bottom of the ocean for hundreds of years. There is also a fair chance this is not a pirate vessel, but we will not know for sure until we get down there and take a closer look at it." The teenage Danger responded. "I mean, just entering sunken wreckage of a ship poses a number of hazards that can vary depending on the condition of the vessel and numerous other factors."

She then turned back toward Davyd to answer his questions. "There are some sharks and jellyfish that are common in the area, but my understanding is they are not the most dangerous of their species. The team aboard the Horizon can certainly provide much more information about them once we are aboard."

Finally focusing on the whole reason they were down here, Lulu allowed her shared illusion to fade away. "So how we gettin' down there, Ronnie? Are we usin' some kind of mini-sub, or are we scuba divin'? 'Cause ah never done any ocean divin' before."

The young redhead was excited by the thought of seeing the sunken ship, but she wanted to be safe, too.

Pan nodded eagerly at Veronica's descriptions. Maybe not pirates? That was kind of a letdown, but alright, that was fine! They would manage! Adventure awaited! And unknown, potential hazards, too? Brilliant

"Davyd, how about your abilities? Could you shift into a larger shark or jellyfish to scare them away, if they should come?" Of course, they could probably wrangle any critters they met. Between them, the little group had some quite formidable and varied abilities, after all. He grinned over at Lulu and her question. "As long as you can keep air in your lungs, it is not too bad. Almost like flying, just a bit heavier."

Veronica

Veronica took a sip of water before she turned to answer Lulu's question. "No, no submersible for this expedition." She replied with a shake of her head. "While it would allow us to get down there and get a closer look at the wreck and possible identify it, it would not allow us much opportunity to explore the interior."

"No, we will be relying on scuba equipment to dive down to the wreck." The teenage Danger continued. "Not sure if you noticed the air tanks marked with green and yellow bands that the crew were loading aboard the larger tender? Well those are NITROX tanks, which have a greater percentage of oxygen than normal air, which allows for extended bottom time and helps reduce the risk of problems that can occur on deeper dives."

"And I wouldn't worry too much Louise, I learned to dive when I was twelve in sunken ruins in the Aegean. There will be several experienced divers on hand to make sure everyone is safe. We will be doing a shallower practice dive before we go down to the wreck."

He chewed his last conch fritter especially thoroughly as he pondered Pan's question.  "I've had some trouble turning into just one thing," he admitted, "at least one non-human things.  I can mimic humanoid appearances pretty well, most of the time," he recalled the time he accidentally mimicked an entire group of Claremonters at once, "but when I try to turn into an animal, things get a bit... jumbled.  So I might not be able to be a shark, but I could probably become a sharktopus!"

He started digging his fork into the jerk fish, "they're not sure if it's physiological or psychological," he shrugged, "but I'm keeping at it.  Hybrids and mashups may be good for combat, or intimidation, but not infiltration."