Rossignol

Introduction.

Q: Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
A: I'm Sophie. Sophie is me? Who are you to ask me who I am?

Q: Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
A: Sophie to my friends, Rossignol when I am at work. Fifi if you want to make me mad...

Q: What is your full birth name?
A: Sophie Glayds Leclerc.

Q: Where do you live?
A: Lantern hill in Freedom city, in a three level brownstone.

Q: How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
A: I was born in 2001, so I am seventeen, you should never ask a lady her age...

Physical Traits

Q: What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
A: I am a lady, not a girl. A lady.

Q: How would you describe your heritage?
A: My grandmother was Jewish. My grandfather was German. My father was from the United states in Kentucky, mostly Scottish on his side I believe.
But I grew up in France, So... very European?

Q: How tall are you?
A: I'm not.. tall that is. 155 centimeters or so? Just over five feet.

Q: What is your body type?
A: Short? A bit stocky for my height maybe? Trim, like a swimmer or runner.

Q: Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
A: No. Not that I would tell you anyways.

Q: How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
A: I'm always stealthy, no need to go trudging around like a brute. And why would I not be confident? Have you met me?

Q: Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
A: Fair skin. Green eyes. Brown hair.

Q: How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
A: I keep it short, or at least in a short pony tail for "work."

Q: Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
A: I mean, I think I am attractive. I would date myself... But I don't really ask or care if others find the all that attractive.

Q: Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
A: Piercings get snagged. Tattooed can be identified. Freckles are technically birthmarks yes?
Scars?? More then I would like, but nothing major.

Q:Do you resemble anyone famous?
A: Maybe? If I did however, they would resemble me not the other way around.

Q: Do you have a dominant hand?
A: Yes which ever hand I'm using at the time.

Q: What kind of clothing do you wear?
A: Normally a t-shirt and pants. When I want to be formal I tend for more traditional styles.

Q: Do you wear makeup?
A: Maybe a little yes.

Q: What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
A: It's good, I've had some singing lessons. As for Distinctive? je n'ai pas d'accent?
Q: Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
A: I have a bad habit of cracking my knuckles one handed. I've been told that it can be annoying or gross.

History.

Q:Where do you come from?
A:I was born in France, on Corsica. A small city named Bastia. But I grew up in France and the United States. Spent some time in Kentucky, In Freedom city and around Paris and Bastia.

Q: Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
A: A few major moves. But it would be better to say I have a few hometowns.

Q: Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
A: People get caught up in Us versus them. They say I am from the best country, but they have no been to any other country. Most developed democratic nations have there up and down sides.
I love and enjoy both my homes. These United States and France.

Q:How do you feel about the place you come from? 
A:Bastia is a small city, quite traditional, slow. Freedom city is.... not. They both have there charms.

Q:Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
A:Bastie is a small city in the northern hills of Sardinia. It's quite and old. Made of stone with mostly farmers and fishers around.

Q: Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
A: I was French, but I was 'mainland' french. Ontop of that. I grew up around people in the Hero community, so I had less contact with the rest of the communities around me.

Q: Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
A: I've always been athletic, but I must admit, I'm not a terrible good drive. Maybe I'm not patient enough.

Q: Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
A: No. My mother disappeared, but.. Maybe I was expecting that? It effected me, but you learn to live with such things.

Q: Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
A: When my grandmother died, my mother took me to Freedom city, to the small three story brownstone our family owns in Lantern Hills. She took me up into the top floor.
Behind a panel wall and a metal cage. And inside was my grandmothers costume... I had seen my mothers before. But it was modern. Kelval and ballistic fiber, Her sword and equipment.
But my grandmothers suit, it was leather and metal. The bow, the arrows. I knew right then that this was how I wanted to strike fear into the hearts of those they preyed on there fellow man.

Q:What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
A:Stupid? Nothing...
Stupid implies a lack of knowledge or thought. I've never done anything stupid in my entire life. I've always know when something was inadvisable, even if I did it anyways.
No I've never done anything stupid. I have done many... Many things that are foolish.

Q:Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
A:I went to primary school mostly in France. And I attended High school for a few classes in Freedom city, but much of my education was done at home.
I tested out of high school when I was sixteen. I really had no want or need to finish conventionally.

Q: Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
A: It may sound terrible, but I don't have personally momentous. All my mementos are actually my mothers, fathers or grandmothers. Even then frames to my glasses are my grandfathers.
But I keep my grandmothers journal and locket she had when she was taken in by the Leclercs. She never even told my mother or me her original family name. Her whole life was taken from her
by the evils of mankind, and then she built a new life on the kindness of mankind. That's why I keep her locket.

Q:When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
A:It was never a question for me. I was never told "Sophie your going to be a hero." I told people "I am a hero."

Q:Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
A:I tell people that the reason I am a hero is because I am better then the people I fight. To show them I am better.
Really? It's because others showed me that anyone can fight evil, and I don't know if I could live with not fighting.

Q:Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
A: ~Leans in close so she can whisper~ I where contacts...

Q:Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
A:I don't see a reason to hide much to be honest. It's more a matter of simply not telling anyone anything they don't need to know.

Q:If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
A: My identity is really all that I have to hide. And it's just simpler to hide it. If others found out I might have to pick up and move.

Q:Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
A:No, but once I got sent to the school counselor for biting another student.

Family

Q: What are your biological parents' names? 
A: Marie Sophie Leclerc and William David Thornton.

Q: Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
A: My father died when I was about two years old. But my mother raised me. 

Q:What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
A:My mother kept to herself. But my father was well liked in his home town, being a public hero.

Q:Where are your parents now?
A: My father is passed, and my mother? I don't know. No one really seams to know, she just seams to have dropped off the face of the earth with a few other heores.

Q: Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
A: I have some family in Kentucky that I see everyone and then, they stay put. My mothers family lives mostly around Paris, but I don't see them often.

Q:How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
A:My mother and I argued a lot, but it wasn't heated. We where both just argumentative, we enjoyed it really.

Q:How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
A:I think my mother would say I'm jumping into my "work" to young. My father? who knows...

Q:Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
A:Goodness. I hope not.

Q:What was your birth order in the family?
A:Only child as far as I know.

Q: Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
A: My family is fine on both sides. My fathers family are proud simple farmers. My mothers side are mostly in politics and civil service.

Q: Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
A: Not anymore no.

Q: Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
A: Not everyone member of my fathers family is a horse thieve, but all the horse thieves I know are in my fathers family.

Q:Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
A:Ignoring the members of my family who where crime fighters?
General Philippe François Marie Leclerc de Hauteclocque was my adopted great-great uncle.

Q:Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
A:I'm a bit young for that don't you think.

Q:If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
A:I don't... really like men, if you catch my drift. I would still like children some day.

Q:What type of person would be your ideal mate?
A:Lady Liberty?

Relationships

Q:Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
A:Now that you mention it. I don't, hmm. Maybe that should worry me.

Q:Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
A:Your really making me self conscious now about my lack of friends.

Q:If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
A:A few members of the hero community would notice, eventually.

Q:Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
A:We have all lost loved ones. It's a natural part of life.

Q:Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
A:The organized crime of freedom city knows my family well. Maybe not me yet.

Q:If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
A:Maybe, but in general I'm the more proactive member of our 'relationship'

Q:What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
A:I would say take my mother away. But I don't even know that some one did that, it could have been a mechanical failure for all I know.

Q:Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
A:Order? No, I do what I think is right at any given time, that's all we can do.

Q:Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
A:Right now? Myself. Maybe the hero community itself, they have always done what they could to help.

Q:Who or what do you despise? Why?
A:Corruption, nothing is worse then trusting some one and having that rust betrayed.

Q:What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
A:Humans are unique in many ways. people are tough on us, but you don't see a lot of animal running into fires to help each other.

Q:What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
A:Greed. Everyone needs to be a little selfish or people will walk all over you, but taking it to far is just reprehensible.

Q:Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
A:Yes. A few members of the Community know so far, but no one specific.

Q:Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
A:Sure, there is nothing wrong with working together, but as for leader or follower?? I don't think the labels are that important.

Q:Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
A:No.

Q:Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
A:I try to make it synagogue when I can. But in general I don't have the time.

Personal Beliefs.

Q:Who are your heroes?
A:People seam to think that heroes that don't have powers have it harder. We really don't because people don't except as much from us. Paragons of virtue with amazing powers have it worse.
People expect so much from them.

Q:Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
A:What? No. That's just silly.

Q:Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
A:I don't known that I love it, I just have no ideal what else I would do.

Q:Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
A:Sure if I found something that I thought was more helpful to people around me.

Q:What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
A:Build a network of support, Heroes can't get a lot done on there own. Maybe even become a sidekick to be honest.

Q:What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
A:I want to rebuilt the network of masked heroes that use to keep organized crime in check in Freedom city.

Q:What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
A:Causing some one to get hurt when they should not. It happens, you can't save everyone but it's hard to think about.

Q:Is there anything you would give you life for? 
A:I would really rather not, but sure lots of things actually.

Q:How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
A:It's as important as any other things. People who say the root of all evil is money have never been poor. But letting it go to far is the real issue.

Q:How do you generally treat others?
A:I'm a bit cold but in general I prefer to be polite.

Q:Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
A:Not yet. But in general I'm not that trusting, but I'm not paranoid... At least I don't think I am?

Q:Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
A:I'm fine in a group, but in general prefer to be alone or in a small group.

Q:How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
A:Generally like a idiot.

Q:What are your most annoying habits?
A:Missing social cues. Or jokes in general.

Q:Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
A:Criminals in general? But not a group like say politicians, every job can be noble so some extent.

Q:What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
A:Nicoise Salad. I normally eat what ever is on hand, but when I go out of my way to make a meal I enjoy it.

Q:What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
A:Well drinking age being what it is in the United States...
That being said, A nice bourbon or wine.

Q:What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
A:Cheesecake.

Q:Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
A:I really have never met a meal I didn't like. However if I had to pick something, it's Bacon.
Yes I know it's sacrilege to dislike bacon, but onto of it being to fatty for my taste, it's not Kosher.

Q:What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
A:Green. It's the color of life.
As for colors I don't like. Yellow, no one looks good in yellow.

Q:What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
A:Everything, but I prefer to "Classic rock"
Hate? Country, but like.. whiny country.

Q:If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
A:Lavender.

Q:Do you have a favorite animal?
A:Is it strange that my answer is Hyenas? They are strong and resourceful and people underestimate them.

Q:What is your most treasured possession? Why?
A:I'm not that materialistic, but my grandmothers journal and locket.

Q:Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
A:I can camp fine, I even enjoy it form time to time. But I must admit I a "Creature of comfort" as it where.

Q:Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
A:Accounting. I hate math for the sake of math and money.

Q:Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
A:I have a religion, but it's not really that important from a spiritual standpoint. More a cultural one.

Q:Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
A:It gives me a excuse to not eat pork.

Q:If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
A:I get to Temple when I can, but I'm not a standard.

Q:Could you kill? Have you killed?
A:Have I? Thankfully no. Can I and would I? Yes.

Q:What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
A:Some times the only way to save a life or lives is to take a life, some times you just cant reason with people.

Q:Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
A:Having to kill someone to save a life is always a failure. But some times it's the best option out of undesirable ones.

Q:How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
A:Everything should be taken in context. But we can't always separate ourselves from emotion that much.

Q:How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
A:I would get it back, it's that simple. If I cant I move on.

Q:How would you react to public humiliation?
A:Public humiliation is always to some extent the fault of the person being humiliated, you did something that can be ridiculed. If your being publicity humiliated for something that is not your fault, then it's not really humiliating. You have to let someone hurt you that way.

Q:How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
A:Again, everything in context. Sometimes accidents happen. But if it where purposeful? I would stop the person that did it the best I could.

Q:What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
A:Murder, you can't recover from that. Again there is a difference between killing and murder.

Q:If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
A:Honestly there are some clearly guilty people who have evaded justice that would really need to watch themselves.

Career & Training

Q:Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
A:I mean I've trained sense I was little. But that's not that impressive I'm not that old.

Q:Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
A:My mother. And we got along fine.

Q:Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
A:Not really. It's mostly just sneaking and archery.

Q:Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
A:My family is "Independently wealthy" Technically I'm a landlord, but I don't actually handle any of that.

Q:What is your preferred combat style?
A:Archery, but I practice kick boxing and sword play also.

Q:Have you ever received any awards or honours?
A:Not really no. I'm not really into competition that much.

Q:What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
A:My mother and Grand mother where much better detectives then I am. I would like to improve that.

Q:How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
A:I try and pay attention, but I'm maybe a bit envious also.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

Q:What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
A:Get up. Eat. Work on equipment. Read the news, maybe or maybe not go out and look for crime at night.

Q:Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
A:I sing. I like to read and tinker with equipment.

Q:What do you do for fun?
A:Sing. Read. I play games on occasion.

Q:Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
A:Mostly leather and kevlar jumpsuit with a short shoulder cape. Hood and face mask.

Q:How do you normally dress when not in costume?
A:Casual maybe a bit stylish.

Q:What do you wear to bed most nights?
A:That's really none of your business... (nothing normally)

Q:Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
A:No, it tends to snag on things. A watch is useful however.

Q:Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
A:At home in the safe, or in a bank.

Q:What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
A:I have a motorcycle but I take public transit more of the time.

Miscellaneous

Q:Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
A:My will is already made, I update it from time to time. But it's mostly in the hands of our family attorney. My body is most likely going to be used for surgical practice then cremated.

Q:If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
A:Not really no.

Q:What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
A:Nothing If I can get away with it. So far there aren't a lot of people that would remember me.

Q:Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
A:Compared to who? Mostly likely less of a threat then your average beat cop.

Q:What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
A:People consider me cold some times, I prefer to think of it as efficiency.

Q:What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
A:I don't like to rely on people. But no one is a island.

Q:As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
Specialize your gear more. Having to change out equipment constantly takes time. And makes some ally's.
Supporting/Background Characters.

Rossignol.

Name: Charlotte Marie Leclerc. (Birth name not known)

(Deceased: Natural Causes)

Date of Birth: April 4th, 1925.

Date of Death. December 2nd. 2009.

Charlotte was born in 1925, And while her name was Charlotte, her original family birth name was largely lost to the knowledge of the family. Her "Father" the man that raised her that is, was French Composer Marshal Leclerc. A distant relative of General Leclerc. Charlotte came to be part of the Leclerc family in late 1939 Marshal and his wife where visiting Trier Germany for a concert. Having boarded the train to head across the boarder into Luxembourg and then on to France. The Leclercs where just getting settled into there Train car, when Charlotte was thrust into the enclosed space, her birth mother more or less handing her to Misses Leclerc, before the women ran. A set of German soldiers following close behind her and then another two stopping to ask the Leclercs where the woman had gone. And questioning them about the girl with them.

Marshal answered without hesitation that the girl was his daughter. The couple already aware of the round ups going on in Germany at the time.

And that was all the information that Charlotte or indeed Marshal Leclerc ever gave to Marie or Sophie on the matter.

Charlotte lived with the Leclercs in there house in Paris until the start of the war, after that she moved to the country side with her family. And as some point became involved in the resistance. Taking up with a number of the less well known "Costumed Resistance fighters" Before in 1941 crossing the boarder into Switzerland and slowly making her way to the United states. Once there, the now fifteen year old Charlotte took a more active roll in helping to fight the enemies of the free world. Acting as a side kick and then open member of a group of Costumed heroes formed around the surviving members of the 75th Infantry division. Who had been nearly wiped out German forces and then caught up in a large explosion that cause at least a few members of the group to develop strange abilities and powers. The "Hammer Smith" Incident also producing a number of German Super Villa's and at least one German Super hero.

It was at this point that she became acquainted with Adrian Cress, The eventual father of her daughter. And a German scientist who had fled the Nazi regime.

After the war Charlotte continued her crime fighting both in France and in the United States. And for a time in Israeli helping to hunt down war criminals from the war.

Even after she hung up her cowl and bow, she was involved in Civil rights movements and political movements.

There daughter Marie was raised in a mixed Jewish Catholic home, but there was never any real issues that across from it. It did however teach her daughter a great deal of tolerance.

She had a short but involved and close relationship with her granddaughter teaching her a great deal about many subjects.

(Whereabouts unknown, Presumed dead)

Date of Birth: 4th of December. 1963.

Birthplace: Freedom City.

Marie was the second person to use the identified of Rossignol, but it was always clear that she was a separate person. First because of the presence of two Rossignol's at the same time. And also because of her very different crime fighting style, Preferring to use a sword over the bow and arrow her mother has used. She was also much less open to working with others. Only working with a small group instead of the wider community like her mother had. She spent a great deal of her time fighting organized crime in Freedome city, and only tended to leave to help other heroes when they needed it.

She eventually settled down to something approaching married life with the Hero "Mountain Man" Thornton. Despite there age difference the two got along well.

She chose to move to France before the birth of her daughter, hoping that the distance from her normal enemies would afford her a great amount of security and safety. But despite this clear want to keep her daughter safe, she never hid the history of her family from Sophie and indeed indulged the girls requests for training and lessons from a early age.

As Sophie got older Marie returned to a semi-involved level of crime fighting, helping more then actively fighting crime.

And on one of these outings to help the group of heroes she was with simply, disappeared, totally dropping off the radar with no information as to what had happened.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bill "Mountian Man." Thornton.

Name: William "Bill" David Thornton.

(Deceased)

Date of Birth: Feb 5th. 1922.

Date of Death: Feb 1st. 2002.

Birthplace: Booneville, Kentucky. Untied States.

Powers: Earth Manipulation. Increased Durability, Strength and Regeneration while in contact with the ground.

William Thornton was born and raised in Rural Kentucky, working first on his family farm, and then in a local mine at the age of sixteen before joining the United States Army in 1940 at the age of eighteen. On the outbreak of war for the united states Thornton was shipped out to North Africa and had a short but eventual combat tore until his unite. A small state militia unit was caught up in a ambush and then a explosion from a still unknown Nazi weapon or artifact.
The explosion a event that would later be called "The hammer smith" event. After some cryptic documents found by military intelligence left most of the men caught in the blast dead. but the closest victims seamed largely unharmed and slowly began to develop extraordinary abilities. Seven members of the American unite and five from the German unit survived and developed abilities. And spent most of the rest of the war fighting a ongoing battle between each other. Eventually only four from the incident surviving the war. Two Americans and two Germans. One of the Germans going on to become a respected member of the Hero community after "reforming"

In the coarse of the war Thronton met and started a friend ship with Charlotte Leclerc. And then eventually her daughter Marie Leclerc becoming briefly romantically involved with Marie.

Eventually Thornton retired from hero work in his late eighties, though is age seams to have been slowed some what by his powers. He died in 2002 from a apparent stroke. Being burred in Booneville Kentucky outside of a small museum to the 72 Kentucky Militia division and the seven members of the unite that would go on to be some of the first public super powers heroes. Thornton never achieved mass fame but was well respected in his time and  community.