Rossignol III

Comic Examples: Artemis with a super sense?

Image result for emily browning 2009

Power Level: 7. (150/108 PP)

Trade-Offs: +2 Attack / -2 Damage.

Description: Super hero? I mean I don't know that what I do counts as "super." I'm just out here punching people in the face and shooting people in the but with arrows. Actually it's all rather comical if you think about it like that.

Complications: A healthy amount of teenage angst in the form of a temper. And secret identity. Other then that, maybe matters of social equality. I don't think there are really that many people who make a big deal out of a accent or a female superhero. I would however hate for her dating habits to come up in a tabloid. People can still be jerks after all.

Unspent Power Points: 3

In Brief: Legacy Vigilante.

Catchphrase: "bonne nuit"

Themesong: Paint it black... In the "Original French."

Alternate Identity: Sophie Glayds Leclerc.
Birthplace: Bastia, France.

Residence: House in Lantern Hill.
Base of Operations: House in Lantern Hill.
Affiliations: -WIP-
Family: Mother: Marie Sophie Leclerc. "Rossignol III" (Whereabouts unknown, Presumed dead)

: Father: Bill ""Mountain Man" Thornton. (Deceased)

: Grandmother: Charlotte Marie Leclerc. "Rossignol" (Deceased)

Identity: Secret. 

Legal Status: Duel - French / United States Citizen.

Species: Human.

Height: 5'1" (154cm)

Weight: 108lbs. (49kg)

Skin: Fair.

Hair: Brown.

Eyes: Green.

Character History

-Sophie was born in Bastia France on the island of Corsica. Born to the at that point newly 'retired' masked hero Rossignol. And the at that point missing and presummed dead American hero "Mountain Man" She was raised for a time there at her families home in France before her mother moved back to the United States and started to undertake limited work as a Masked hero again. As Sophie grew she would spend time in both of her parents nations. She grew up in a happy if not strange home. She knew form a young age of her mothers "Work" And grew up with family friends in the hero community. It was never really a question to her if she was going to be a Hero. It was always a forgone conclusion and one of the only subjects that her and her mother ever argued over was the need for her to be educated in any traditional sense. Despite her view that a traditional education was largely useless for her she did well in school when she went, and excelled in her home schooling. Eventually skipping and then testing out of the American Educational system a few years before most high school graduates.

Despite the nature of her mothers work and the overall lifestyle that many heroes chose to live. It was none the less hard on Sophie when her mother along with a small group of heroes simple failed to return from Mission. It wasn't so much the knowledge they might be dead, but rather the total lack of any information on what they had been involved in. So at the age of fifteen the girl put on the ill fitting costume of her grandmother and went out with the intent to find information about what had happened. The experience was a painful and eye opening one. She got little done other then almost getting herself killed a few times, while finding no useful information.

It did teach her a great deal however. She learned that she needed time, the lessons and training she had gotten up until that point would be enough. And over the next two years she refined her ability and her equipment.

Adopting much of the same gear that both her Mother and Grandmother had used. And starting by focusing on the lower end crimes in her local area.

Physical Description

Sophie is short and a little on the light side. But none the less in good physical shape showing a lot of strength for her size. And focusing mostly on endurance and Stamina, giving her a bit of a swimmers physique.

Brown hair and green eyes as well as a soft face makes her pleasant enough to look at. And she can when the mood or need strikes her clean up rather well.

Powers and Tactics:

The only power that Sophie has to speak of is a hold over from her fathers powers, the ability to sense vibrations in the earth around her. Mostly relying on equipment she makes herself or re-purposes from off the shelf equipment.

She mostly uses a bow and a number of Specialized arrows. As well as a sword and Armored gloves. Using a great deal of stealth and cunning in her crime fighting.

Complications:

Secret: A secret identity comes with the package for most Masked Heroes.

Temper: Calling Sophie Irritable would be kind. Hot headed and reckless would be must more accurate. She's not hard to goad into doing something less then reasonable.

------------------stats--------------

Abilities: 4 + 2 + 6 +8 + 2 + 2 = 24PP.

Strength:14. (+2)

Dexterity:12. (+1)

Constitution:16. (+3)
Intelligence:18. (+4)
Wisdom:12. (+1)
Charisma:12. (+1)

Combat:  14 + 10 = 24PP.

Initiative: +1.

Attack +7.

Grapple: +9.

Defense: +7. (+5 Base, +2 Dodge Focus) +2 Flat-Footed.

Knockback Resist: -3.

Saving Throws: 1 + 5 + 3 = 9PP.

Toughness: +3/+3/+1. (+3 Con, +3 Equipment, +1 Feat)

Fortitude: +4. (+3 Con, +1)

Reflex: +6. (+1 Dex, +5)

Will: +4. (+1 Wisdom. +3)

Skills: 40R = 10PP. 

Acrobatics +5. (6)

Climb +4. (6)

Computer +4. (6)

Concentration +2. (4)

Craft: Chemical +1. (5)

Disable Device  +2. (6)

Drive +1. (2)

Investigate +2. (6)

Language +2. [(French: Native.) [Hebrew: Fluent With French Accent.] (English: Fluent with French Accent.)]

Medicine +1. (2)

Notice +4. (5)

Pilot +1. (2)

Ride +1. (2)

Search +2. (6)

Stealth +7. (8)

Survival +1. (2)

Swim +1. (3)

Perform: Sing +2. (2)

Feats: 24PP.

Ambidexterity.

Attack Specialization: (Unarmed)

Attractive.

Benefit (Wealth 3)

Defensive Roll 1.

Dodge Focus 2.

Evasion 1.

Jack of all trades.

Move-By Actions.

Precise Shot 1.

Uncanny Dodge: 1. (Tremorsense)

Quick Draw 2. (Draw and Load weapons as free action)

Equipment 8.

Equipment.

Spoiler

Equipment: 40 EP.

-Townhouse.

Toughness +10. Size: Medium.

Roof: Power System. (Solar Panels & Battery)

Third Floor: Living Space. Library. Bathroom.

Second Floor: Living Space. Computer. Communications. Bathroom.

First Floor: Garage.
Basement: Power System: Generator. Workshop.

-Fire Prevention System. Concealed. Security System.

Black Sword. (Masterwork)

Armored Gloves.

Binoculars.
Camo Clothing. (+4 stealth)

Cell Phone.

Commlink.

Flash Goggles.

Gas Mask.

Handcuffs.

Multi-Tool.

Night Vision Goggles.

-Armor. 

Camo color pattern. (+4 Stealth in the right environment)

-Motorcycle. "The Freedom Cycle."

STR:15. Toughness +8. Defense Bonus +0. Size: Medium.

Speed 5. (250mph) ... ... Really the base Motorcycle goes 250mph?

Powers: 14 PP.

Super-Senses 3 (Tremorsense [Accurate Ranged Touch; Drawback: Not Usable in Water]) [2PP]  (Mutant Descriptor)

Device: 12PP. (Easy to Lose, Gives 20 device pp) [12pp] (All powers have the technological descriptor)

Spoiler

6+1+2+5+2+4=20pp.

Black Bow Array. (16pp Array, Power Feat: 4 Alternate Powers) [20pp]

• Base Power: Trick Arrow: Blast 3 (Feat: Accurate 1, Mighty 2, Ricochet 2. Improved Critical 1. Penetration 3. [Variable Descriptor (Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing)]) [16pp] (Technology)
  • Alternate Power: Frag Arrow: Blast 5. (Area Burst) (Piercing) [15pp]
  • Alternate Power: FlashBang Arrow: Dazzle 4. (Visual Sense + Hearing) (Area Burst, 20ft Radius) 40ft range. [16pp]
  • Alternate Power: Gas Arrow: Nauseate 4. (Area Cloud) Extra:Range. 40ft. (20ft Diameter) Extra: Lingers) [14pp]
  • Alternate Power: Smoke Arrow: Concealment 3.  Sense - Sight / Smell. (Concealment vs smellsight) (Improved Range 1. Slow Fade 2. (Area Cloud) Range 1.) Range:75ft. Cloud Area 15ft. Fade 5 Minutes) [13pp]

DC Block:

ATTACK                  RANGE		SAVE                                EFFECT

Unarmed	+9              Melee		DC 17 Toughness (staged)            Damage

Armored Gloves +9       Melee		DC 18 Toughness (staged)            Damage

Sword +8                Melee		DC 20 Toughness (staged)            Damage

Bow +9 "Trick Arrow"    Ranged		DC 20 Toughness (staged)            Damage

Frag Arrow              Ranged		DC 20 Reflex:Area                   Damage
									    DC 20 Toughenss:Staged			 

Flash Bang Arrow        Ranged		DC 14 Reflex+Fortitute:Area         Blinded + Deafened

Gas Arrow               Ranged		DC 19 Fortitue:Area                 Nauseate

Abilities 24 + Combat 24 + Saving Throws 9 + Skills 10 + Feats 24 + Powers 14 + Drawbacks 0 = 105/108 PP.

13 minutes ago, Avenger Assembled said:

The second post here should go in Freedom City News once the character is approved. 

Can you fix the formatting of your sheet so it looks like the sample ones? 

https://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/3777-ecalsneergs-improved-archetypes/?do=findComment&comment=113619 like so

Sure thing. May take me a while. I have no ideal how the tables are done on this site yet.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:24 AM, TheAbsurdist said:

So, we prefer super senses to be constructed in the manner similar to what is listed in our House Rules, and in the Ultimate Power style notation.

Thanks for taking a look. I'm not totally sure what you mean by this but I think I know what your asking for, but I THINK I did what you asked.

Tremor Sense: (Tactile Sense, +Ranged, 2PP).

Is that correct?

Edited by blackstarraven

I'd recommend that one does not use their app to make such suggestions and that you edit it out, and send that as a PM in the site to the Refteam.  I'll level that for something like Supersenses they and Variable Power structures require the most specific writing because of how they exist within the framework of the game system, however, please do not cite other sheets.

For the power:

Super-Senses 3 (Tremorsense [Accurate Ranged Touch; Drawback: Not Usable in Water]) [2PP]  

Is better written for 

Also, you will need Descriptors for powers, this should show up in each power, in the powers section, and should be described in the Powers Description from the template (Link here) that you didn't carry over in the application.  This need is applicable as it does apply to other powers, things like Immunity, Drain, Nullify, etc., etc.

8 hours ago, TheAbsurdist said:

I'd recommend that one does not use their app to make such suggestions and that you edit it out, and send that as a PM in the site to the Refteam.  I'll level that for something like Supersenses they and Variable Power structures require the most specific writing because of how they exist within the framework of the game system, however, please do not cite other sheets.

For the power:

Super-Senses 3 (Tremorsense [Accurate Ranged Touch; Drawback: Not Usable in Water]) [2PP]  

Is better written for 

Also, you will need Descriptors for powers, this should show up in each power, in the powers section, and should be described in the Powers Description from the template (Link here) that you didn't carry over in the application.  This need is applicable as it does apply to other powers, things like Immunity, Drain, Nullify, etc., etc.

Kay, thanks for the help on the Super-Sense part.
Also ya I keep forgetting the descriptors because I normally don't have actual superpowers. I just build with device/equipment most the time and can slap a "Technological" On everything.

Fixed it.. I hope.

Edited by blackstarraven