A Different Kind of Justice

GM

"WHAT!?" It was quite obvious that the Crimson Cross just couldn't believe what she was hearing, as Ms. Bright flew above them, shining brightly. 

"Cover your eyes you damn idiot!" Jonathan broke from the passivity of before, moving to cover the Preacher, while he covered his own eyes with an arm. "I knew she couldn't be trusted."

Despite it all, the Preacher remained calm. He chuckled, as he held a hand up against the bright light. "Oh, if only you knew how wrong you are. This is not murder, child. This is justice!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms Bright

It seems she still had the element of surprise so Agnes was more than happy to take it and with a smirk she flew up to punch the Crimson Crush in that smug face of hers. She be waiting to do that since she’d started this bluff, and it felt really good.

I’ve been waiting all day to do that!”

She cracked her knuckles and looked at the other, still with that grin on her face.

Normally this would be the point where a real hero would offer you a chance to go quietly, unfortunately for you I’m not that kind of hero and you’ve got a lot to answer for! Lets see if it true that you can beat some sense into people...”

GM

"I can't see! I'm blind! She blinded me!" Crimson Cross was clearly panicking, alternating between waving her arms around and holding a hand in front of her eyes, waving her wings around in the smaller tunnel with little luck.

"You're not any kind of hero!" Jonathan roared as he charged forward, arms stretched out. He deftly dodged under one of the Crimson Cross' wings, before catching Ms. Bright in a bear hug. He quickly started to apply pressure, starting to crush the life out of her if he got the chance. "You're not going to ruin this! This is justice! This is what is right! We have been chosen!"

The Preacher almost seemed like he was enjoying this, the display of force, the fight in front of him, before he turned and hurried towards the pit. He started chanting something in a language that Agnes didn't quite recognize, even if she could only hear half the words over Jonathan's yelling.

• 2 months later...

Ms Bright

Despite her best effort Agnes was caught in the bear hug of this bloody irritant, so she spent a moment to consider her options. She couldn’t think her way out of thing so now was a time to consider using force, which was something that she was disturbingly good at.

Yeah you really shouldn’t have done that, now I have you exactly where I want you to be. she grinned confidently.

With her hands held she had no other weapon at hand than to give the guy a good old Glasgow Kiss. Her mum always told her that she had a hard head, or so she figured.

• 3 weeks later...

GM

"GAH!" Jonathan stumbled back, grasping at his forehead. He was bleeding from his forehead, grasping at it while he let got of Ms. Bright. "Someone stop her!"

"I got her, I got..." Crimson Cross blasted again, part of the wall collapsing next to her. "Ah! Where is she!?" She sounded like she was panicking now, like she didn't need what to do. She wasn't used to being blind, wasn't used to not leading a fight.

The Preacher kept chanting. His words made no sense. Under his robes, he was starting to glow with a strange, sickly green light.

• 1 month later...

Ms Bright

With a satisfying crunch Agnes was free of the hold and free to act again, but she was also awfully aware that they were just delaying her whilst the preacher did something nefarious. And it was something she needed to sort out as quickly as she could. So dropping down she quickly looked for the weakest point in the room and got into position.

This is the last chance for you all to stop this, or I’ll bringing this place down around us all!”

She then struck the ground with all her might, sending a shockwave through the ground, she didn’t want to bury them all just knock them off there feet but hopefully it would make them more cautious around her.

GM

The cave rumbled and shook with Ms. Bright's mightly blow. Dust fell from above while Jonathan and the Preacher fell. A small plastic bag with a bright blue powder and an inhaler fell from the Preacher's robes as he hit the ground, He quickly scrambled after both, momentarily losing all interest in the fight that was happening around him.

While Jonathan groaned on the ground, struggling to rise, Crimson Cross lifted off, flapping her wings, seemingly forgetting that she didn't have enough space ot actually fly. "See how you like it!" A dazzling burst of light from her hands failed to reach her target, while the Preacher reached his bag. "Would you just kill her already!?"

Edited by RocketLord
  • 3 weeks later...

Ms Bright

Stepping forward Agnes put a boot on the vial, grinning at the assembled villains. The light didn’t bother her anyway so there attempts to blind her didn’t effect her what so ever.

How about we all stop fighting and you tell me what all this is about?” she gently put pressure on the vial to make it complain but not break

Or we can keep doing it the difficult way, truth be told I can do this all day.”

As irritating as they were she wanted a, mostly, peaceful solution. But she was ready to carry on with the beat down if necessary.

GM

The bag slowly crunched under Agnes' foot, with the Preacher looking on, wide-eyed. "No, no, stop! Leave it alone!"

Jonathan and Crimson Cross froze, looking at him, the powder in the bag, and the inhaler. "What is that?" Crimson Cross' voice was tense. She might not be the brightest bulb, but even she could see that something was off.

"Nothing! Its nothing! We are doing God's work! We are cleansing the unclean! Don't you see what I have done for you?"

• 2 weeks later...

Ms Bright

Agnes bent down to pick up the packet, still be careful to keeping her eyes on the other villains. She didn’t do more than give it a quick glance, she could worry about what it was in a moment.

Its obvious that he’s holding something back from you, if not flat out lying to you right now!” she couldn’t help but give a bit of a sly smile “We don’t need to keep fighting and this man owes you an explanation as much me.”

It might now work, but she might as well try for the peaceful option.

GM

The blue powder made a crinkling sound when Agnes held it. Like whatever it was was rubbing against itself when she moved it.

Crimson Cross was confused, that much was clear, despite her full face mask. "What are you saying? What is this? You... you're lying! You're trying to trick us! Trying to turn us away from our righteous fu-"

"Shut up." Jonathan interrupted. He looked at the package, a hint of recognition in his eyes. "Is that it, Preacher? Is that the source of our power? Not our faith?"

The Preacher was silent. His glare moved from Agnes, to the bag and back again. If looks could kill...

• 2 weeks later...

Ms Bright

Agnes examined the bag again holding it up so all of them could see it clearly.

So I can’t identify which type it is but I’m guessing its one of those super powered drugs. What is it some kind of Zoom derivative?” she shook the bag and again grinned “You powers don’t from a god, or even a goddess, they come from a powder!”

She stuffed the pack into a pocket, it might be useful when all this was being cleaned up. Though she personally didn’t do any kind of drugs, though had she done so before?

Let’s stop all this and sort out what’s going on peacefully, isn’t that what the good book says after all?”

GM

"No! No no no no! I won't! I don't belive you!" Crimson Cross screamed, flapping her wings and setting off, away from the group and through the halls, quickly disappearing into the darkness and out of the church.

"You lied to us, Preacher. Tell us the truth." Jonatan stood by Agnes' side, now. "You did horrible things. You made Cross do horrible things. And I just stood and watched..." His voice was starting to crack.

"Shut up! Both of you just shut up!" The Preacher finally broke, yelling at Agnes and Jonathan, pointing at them with his right hand, screaming righteous fury. "I did what I had to do! I did as the Lord commanded! The Lord led me to the man that created the miraculous item in your hand! It gave my followers the power we needed to cleanse the streets! To make the world safe again! Free from the scum! To finally bring justice to the scum of the street!"

Edited by RocketLord

Ms Bright

Agnes’s features softened a little, though she still glared at the Reverend, the wing woman was something she’d worry about later.

You’ll have to answer for whatever you’ve done here, but it’s not to late to do the right thing.” she as genuine in her offer of assistance, not all victims were in the pit

Out of habit she tensed a little, ready for if trouble stated back up, it most probably would but she didn’t know yet if she would be facing one or two foes here.

Help me stop this man’s foul deeds before anyone else gets hurt.”

GM

"Yes. I will have to pay." Jonathan stepped forward, towards the Preacher. 

Now alone, the Preacher slowly backed away, until he hit a cavern wall. He fumbled across it with an old hand, trying to find anything to hold on to, anything to use as a weapon.

"Blasphemers! Heretics!" He was almost spitting, snarling at Ms. Bright. Opening his coat, his entire body radiated a blinding light. "You were perfect! You could have joined me! You could have become a true instrument of justice!"

• 2 months later...

Ms Bright

Sensing a potential win Agnes surged forwards to smack down the Priest in front of her, a mistake that she quickly regretted as he threw up a burst of blinding light in front of her. With grim humour she appreciated the irony that she was bought low by her own abilities.

She thought her aim was true but it was quickly obvious that she’d missed, still she was aware of it now and it was only a matter of time.

This still doesn’t have to end badly, if you give up you’ll be treated fairly.”

GM

"No, I think it does!Jonathan clearly didn't agree with Agnes' plans for ending the situation. He moved in close, through the blinding light, quickly moving his arms in around the Preacher, only to see the older man slipping out of his grasp. 

Almost cackling to himself, the Preacher continued back through the hallway that they had entered the room. His entire body continued to shine as he moved, far faster than one would suspect of a man his age.

• 1 month later...

Ms Bright

She’d might have been temporary blinded but the pastor had forgotten one important details, she was also filled with powers of light. With a flash of energy she quickly transported herself to just in front of the man.

Here’s my response to all the crap you’ve done down here!”

She gave a rather mean looking grin before punching him squarely in his face, as much as she wanted to do other wise she held back on using her full strength hitting him with enough just to floor the man.

Here endeth the lesson.”

GM

The Preacher crumbled to the floor after one hit. He was unconscious. Whatever else he might have been able to do, he did not seem especially durable. He stopped glowing as soon as he was knocked out.

Jonathan had quickly caught up. He looked down at the preacher, then back to Ms. Bright.

"Now what?" 

Ms Bright

Agnes quickly made sure that the Priest was alright, before looking for something to restrain the man. She might have gotten a grim satisfaction from beating the man, but she didn’t want his blood on her hands.

We make this right!” she waved her hand at the scene below “You need to contact the police and tell them, and show them, just what's happened here.”

She wasn’t sure that with her lack of status she could even convince the cops exactly what had happened here.

GM

Jonathan crossed his arms.

"And how do you think that'll help? The preacher did something to our minds. This won't solve anything. They won't even care about these people. That's why he had us gather them in the first place."

Raising one arm, he hit the side of the cave wall. The entire place shook.

"Better to bury all this away. Including the Preacher."

Ms Bright

I’m not sure it took that much mind control…” Agnes mused quietly to herself “Those down there were, are, people they have friends and family that miss them. And those that don’t deserve to be treated respectfully.”

She looked down at the man that had caused at all this and she couldn’t help but feel anger at what he’d done. She didn’t feel the desire to hurt him, beyond what she’d done, for what he’d done

And this isn’t about revenge its about justice, otherwise we’re no better than the man lying there.”

GM

"Justice..." Jonathan mused. 

He looked down at the Preacher and spat on him. 

"He doesn't deserve your justice. But fine."

Jonathan crossed his arms. 

"I will stand guard, then. Bring the police and anyone else you think need to see this, and I'll submit myself to their justice and pay what I need to in order to make this right."

Ms Bright

Agnes was a little unsure as to what he’d do but she had to at some point trust someone, and this was a good a time as any. She gave the man what she hoped was a reassuring smile, if he was on the level this was a big sacrifice on his part.

Okay then I’ll be as quick as I can be.”

Not wanting to delay too long she teleported to where she noticed a phone in the upstairs, without a cell on hand she always paided attention to such things just in case it was important.

With some haste she dialled 911, it was probably going to take some explaining to get them to actually show up at the place. She was know but not as what you’d call a traditional hero.

GM

It took some convincing, but the officers finally arrived. One of them had heard of Ms. Bright before and vouched for her to the rest. 

As Agnes led them into the caves beneath the old church, Jonathan was still waiting, true to his word. Any story she told them about what had happened, he agreed, and, eventually, he and the Preacher were taken away, while the officers fenced off the area and begun their work.

Even if Ms. Bright could not stop what had happened, she had prevented the Preacher from committing further sins... but of course, the mystery of the inhaler still remained...