Power Level: PL 10 [153 pp]

Unspent PP: 3

Characters Name: Sentry

Alternate Identity: Alexander Tetro

Height: 6' 9''

Weight: 500 lbs

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Description: Alexander is tall man. Standing at six feet nine inches he easily towers over the average man. Being artificially created his exterior body was made to be particularly handsome by human standards. When fighting as Sentry his nanites cover him in a black and blue shell giving him an armored appearance.

Alexander Tetro

alexandertetront5.jpg

Sentry

sentrymi5.jpg

History:

Alexander is the creation of Daedalus and Galatea. After Talos and Galatea's son Argos became just as disgruntled and inhuman as his father Galatea rejected both. After discovering more about Talos' past and Daedalus' involvement she approached him seeking to create a new son who would not become a monster. After many aggressive debates Daedalus agreed to help her create a new son, but under the circumstances that he would be allowed to install certain fail safes and to add what he considered needed programming. Agreed they both began the process of developing a new model. Using the same micro-singularity as Argos had they added a positronic brain and super-alloy skeleton, but for a body they chose to use human flesh and blood. Using cloned parts they grafted the body onto the super-alloy skeletal frame. The final result was android outwardly human looking android with an infinite power supply and brain capable of learning and growing. Unlike Argos who had powers but utilized them with only a brute force mentality this new creation could grow and indeed was programmed with enhanced combat ability. To ensure that it could never be used against them a power down phrase was hard coded into the positronic brain. In the event the android turned on them they could power it down safely.

His effective maturity is that of a someone in his late twenties even though he was brought online only 3 years ago. Alexander has come to learn many things about life and himself. For one he has learned that his mothers purpose was to create a new son, but Daedalus' was to create an answer to the problem of Talos and eventually Argos. Though not powerful enough to stop them yet he learns and grows constantly.

Currently Alexander works as an at home computer consultant. His powers and knowledge make him quite the professional when it comes to computer troubles. As often as he can he seeks out new challenges to learn about his powers. He also is constantly redesigning and structuring himself to be more efficient and powerful.

Complications:

Secret (Power Down Phrase)

Stats: 18pp

Str: 22 [36] (+13)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 18 (+4)

Int: 18 (+4)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 34pp

Attack: +7

Grapple: +14 (+21 w/ Enhanced Str)

Defense: +10 (+5 flat-footed)

Knockback: -9

Initiative: +4

Saves: 14pp

Toughness: +10 [+6 Impervious] (+4 Con, +6 other)

Fortitude: +9 (+4 Con, +5)

Reflex: +8 (+0 Dex, +8)

Will: +1, +9 [impervious 8] with Mind Shield (+1 Wis, +8 Mind Shield)

Skills: 40r = 10pp

Computers 6 (+10), Notice 9 (+10), Search 6 (+10), Sense Motive 9 (+10), Stealth 10 (+10)

Feats: 6pp

Accurate Attack

Ambidexterity

Attractive

Eidetic Memory

Fearless

Improved Initiative

Precise Shot

Powers: 69pp

Density 3 (Super-Alloy Skeleton; Extras: Continuous [+1]; Flaws: Permanent [-1]; PFs: Innate) [10]

Growth 2 (Super-Alloy Skeleton; Extras: Continuous [+1]; Flaws: Permanent [-1]]; PFs: Innate) [7]

Protection 5 (Super-Alloy Skeleton; Impervious) [10]

Immunity 5 (Android; Aging, Starvation and Thirst, Need to Sleep, Suffocation) [5]

Mind Shield 8 (Positronic Brain) [8]

Regeneration 9 (Self Repairing Nanites; Recovery Bonus: +5; Resurrection 2/per day; PFs: Persistent, Regrowth) [9]

Datalink 1 [1]

Micro-Singularity Core 7 (Array; PFs: Dynamic Alternate Power x2) [19]

Dynamic Base Power: Enhanced Strength 14

DAP: Blast 13 (Particle Beam; Flaws: Action [Full Round; -1])

DAP: Flight 6 (500mph)

Density Effects

x2 mass, +6 Strength, Immovable 1, Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious), Super-Strength 1

Growth Effects

+4 Strength, +2 Constitution

Drawbacks: -1pp

Power Loss (All Powers; When Power Down Phrase Spoken; Uncommon; Minor Intensity) [-1]

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Melee 27/Toughness Bludgeoning (Non-Lethal or Lethal)

Blast 27/Toughness Particle Beam (Non-Lethal or Lethal)

Costs: Abilities (18) + Combat (34) + Saves (13) + Skills (10) + Feats (7) + Powers (69) - Drawbacks (1) = Total Cost 150 / 153

Welcome aboard! Please feel fre to introduce yourself in the "Secret Identities" thread (link in my .sig).

Background looks good, but it does leave one question: who were his fleshy bits cloned from? One donor or many? If you don't have an answer, the Refs will be more than happy to provide one :twisted:

Stats-wise, I see a few minor problems:

His Grapple would be +14 (+21 w/ Enhanced Str)

His Knockback is -9 -- -6 form Impervious Toughness 6, -2 from 4 more ranks in non-Impervious Toughness, and -1 from Immovable 1 (from Density).

Since Mind Shield doesn't protect against everything under a Will save, his Will save should be written as "+1, +9 [impervious 8] with Mind Shield".

His Array should be listed as Micro-Singularity Core 7 (14pp Array; PFs: Dynamic, Dynamic Alternate Power x2) [19], since an Array has twice as many points in it as its rank, and you want all the effects under it to be Dynamic.

And speaking of powers, we do like to see things listed alphabetically. And for the names of powers to be bolded.

Where the cloned parts came from I'm happy to leave open as a plot point. Could be very interesting.

Fixed all the mentioned things. One question though. I'm not sure Mind Shield is going to to what I intended. What exactly is it going to block? My thought was that being a positronic brain it would be highly resistant to say a regular pyschic trying to control his mind or soething similar because it's essentially a super computer powered by a micro-singularity.

Where the cloned parts came from I'm happy to leave open as a plot point. Could be very interesting.

I already have a few ideas :twisted:

Fixed all the mentioned things. One question though. I'm not sure Mind Shield is going to to what I intended. What exactly is it going to block? My thought was that being a positronic brain it would be highly resistant to say a regular pyschic trying to control his mind or soething similar because it's essentially a super computer powered by a micro-singularity.

Mind Shield is effective against Mental Effects. It'd help with Mind Control, yes, as well as Telepathy/Mind Reading, Mind Switch, Possession, Emotion Control, and Mental Blasts.

It would not help against things like Intimidation (though his high Sense Motive does help him here), interaction skills or feats based on them (like Fascinate, though his high Sense Motive does help him here), the Fearsome Presence feat (though his Fearless protects him from that), straight up tests of willpower (like, say, if he and someone else were fighting over control of some mentally-controlled thing), and a few other things I cannot think of right now.

Mind Shield is effective against Mental Effects. It'd help with Mind Control, yes, as well as Telepathy/Mind Reading, Mind Switch, Possession, Emotion Control, and Mental Blasts.

It would not help against things like Intimidation (though his high Sense Motive does help him here), interaction skills or feats based on them (like Fascinate, though his high Sense Motive does help him here), the Fearsome Presence feat (though his Fearless protects him from that), straight up tests of willpower (like, say, if he and someone else were fighting over control of some mentally-controlled thing), and a few other things I cannot think of right now.

In that case it works perfectly for what I intended. I can only imagine what ideas invoke the need for a devil emoticon. lol

The short answer is "any power with a Will save that doesn't have the Mental descriptor or extra in it." The primary example is Illusion (which becomes a Mental power with the Phantasm flaw), but there are other powers with Alternate Save that can also do it.

• 5 months later...