Triple Murder in Riverside [OOC]

Dr Archeville

You wouldn't be making an Investigate check yet -- first you need to make a Search check to find any clues or evidence. Since the police have already been here, there may not be anything left to find, but you never know.

If/when you find any clues, then you'd make an Investigate check to prepare it for analysis (this requires an evidence kit), then a second Investigate check to actually analyze it (which requires a lab, for most things). Lacking an evidence kit will impose a -4 penalty on the check to prepare the evidence for analysis, but Dashel's multi-tool will reduce that to only a -2 penalty.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock:

:rotfl:

alright good one.

Though what are the results form my rolls form earlier there doc ro should i make an IC post about continuing my search.

Also Whitedragon you'll have to excuse my char, I wanted a proud somewhat high strung characters. Just saying so that you know any rudeness is not personal just a facet of his being unfamiliar with Mason. He values ability and merit so he has to see someone demonstrate themselves before he trust them.

20s for me as well then. And I shoud have a masterwork investigation kit.

Hmm, I now see I don't have any ranks in a skill I should have several ranks in... So I'm using a hero point to beginer's luck (search) giving me a total of +7 to the 20

So...

Search to find evidence: 27

Investigation to examine evidence found (if any): 37

Notice: 25

My intention is to make the punks reroll, not myself.

In other words I would like to do this:

You can spend a hero point to force someone else to re-roll a d20 roll

and take the worse of the two rolls. The target of this last effect may

spend a hero point to avoid having to re-roll.

As per the luck power

What I don't know is whether I have to spend my HP before I find out wether or not I failed. So in either situation I wish to make them reroll: 1) If I fail or 2) before the rolls are revieled. I am choosing the situation that is best for me. Sorry for the mix up, and this is part of the reason why I'm using the ability now (to find out how it works). Thanks ;)

• 1 month later...