Shaking off the cobwebs (OOC)

MBCE

Okay here we go. I envision five tests, the fifth one being the power stunt that you want to do.

Each stage, I'll set the perameters here and give a description of the situation in the main thread. Each task will be based on different aspects of your character from combat to skills to powers to just plain ingenuity. If a stage pops up that you don't think would fit High note, then by all means let me know here and we can work around it.

I don'T plan on having this last long at all. Most likely I'll give you all the details here and you can do all the rolls and write out the results in your own post. When you reach the fifth stage, your power stunt area, you can pretty much write that on your own as I don'T know what the stunt is yet. If you want me to help with that post, give me a heads up of the stunt here right after you complete the 4th stage.

I hope this works out for you. And please feel free to let me know if you want to change how I'm doing things. This is your thread!

I'll let you get in one more post before I set the first stage.

STAGE ONE

This is going to be a very simple stage. Test the amount of control High note has of his sound control. He'll be called for to imitate various sounds and pitches perfectly. There are four parts to this test. All use his Sound control ability power. So use your power rank at each attempt. [1d20+power rank]

Part 1 -- DC 10 [simple short bursts of sound]

Part 2 -- DC 15 [tones become longer]

Part 3 -- DC 20 [tones pick up speed]

Part 4 -- DC 25 plus Concnetration check DC 15 to keep up with the fast pace and changing frequencies.

You have three attempts per part. You can write up the complete stage one in one post any way that you wish, showing how easy or difficult each section is for High Note to perform. Please make sure to link your rolls as well. It should be fairly easy for you to pass all four sections. When that post has been completed, I'll put up stage two here.

Hopefully it gives you some ideas where you could improve High note. Gives you some IC reasons for working on those areas.

I liked how you wrote up the test by the way. It was very much the way I envisioned it to work out. I hope the next three stages go as smoothly. :D

STAGE TWO

Gordy faces a number of targets in which he must test his ability to aim and hit targets. Using his blast ability, he must again pass four differnt stages. Again, he has three chances per section. Taking 10 is always an option for any of the sections of the stage. So hitting the first two targets is simple.

Part 1 -- DEF 10 [stationary target]

Part 2 -- DEF 15 [longer distance]

Part 3 -- DEF 20 [slow moving]

Part 4 -- DEF 25 [actively avoiding]

Looking forward to how you play out this section!

STAGE THREE

Gordy must now use his powers to protect himself. Using mostly his deflect ability, but his defense score still plays in effect. Make your deflect roll versus the below attack rolls. if they get passed that, they must still hit your normal defense. So Gordy actually has two levels of protection. Usuing extra effort is fine as well. Again taking ten is possible as well. Spending your HP is also viable, but you will not have it for later stages. The targets must hit you 3 times.

Part 1 -- Att +0 attack rolls part 1 (1d20=19, 1d20=16, 1d20=10)

Part 2 -- Att +3 attack part 2 (1d20+3=20, 1d20+3=15, 1d20+3=6)

Part 3 -- Att +6 attack part 3 (1d20+6=26, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=9)

Part 4 -- Att +9 attack part 4 (1d20+9=17, 1d20+9=19, 1d20+9=26)

STAGE FOUR

For this stage, Gordy must show that he has been paying attention in his classes. He must use his skills to defeat the various tasks set for him. Again, four parts, each part he can choose which skill to try and beat the DCs however there are conditions.

Conditions: He may only use a skill only once. He must use a skill based from three different groupings. A Perfom skill [singing, Acting, Keyboards, Dance], a Knowledge skill [Art, Popular Culture], a Social Interaction skill [bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Info, Disguise], and Observation [Notice, Sense Motive]. He can use the catergory any way he wishes. These are all set Dcs that he must roll to defeat (there is no taking ten this time) and unlike the previous sections, he only gets one chance -- either he knows it or he doesn't.

Part 1 Average DC 10

Part 2 Tough DC 15

Part 3 Challenging DC 20

Part 4 Formidable DC 25

So what I'm doing here is this

Emotion Control Rank 12

Any Emotion

Flaw(Sense Dependent) Auditory.

this should leave me fatigued.

Emotion Control is limited by PL since there is a will save to the effect so he can'T have a rank 12 in the power. Spending those extra points on area effect would be pretty cool.

As far as it working, this is your stunt and will work regardless of rolls for this thread. I'll put a few 'drones' of various will saves to gauge Gordy's effectiveness. Also, you mentioned invoking hate, but targeted at what? Hate of Gordy? Or something else?

Right. Duh. Brain fart had me thinking alternate saves were not subject to PL. I that case, yes, lets go with an area effect. I'm thinking

Emotion Control Rank 6

Any Emotion

Extra: Burst area

And I suppose I should make them hate each other if possible. Seems safer that way.

Right. Duh. Brain fart had me thinking alternate saves were not subject to PL. I that case, yes, lets go with an area effect. I'm thinking

Emotion Control Rank 6

Any Emotion

Extra: Burst area

And I suppose I should make them hate each other if possible. Seems safer that way.

Are you switching the Save as well? If so, from Will to what? I will assume Will for now, but when you decide to add it to your character, make sure you let them know.