Yo! What's the Problem!?

TheAbsurdist

"It's still Freedom though, so you can't be sure there isn't one in here right now." Truth be told, Monica hadn't really felt the supposedly much larger powered population of Freedom City ever since she'd arrived. She'd met the League, sure, but other than that she hadn't had any real interactions with anybody outside Claremont.

"But it's less likely that tomorrow, everybody knows about everything we've talked about, even without us saying anything about it, that's true." She frowned a bit, she'd made some bad experiences with those things in the past.

"It's not that … I think. More the opposite, actually. Ever since I got these powers, I've had so many new avenues open up. Two years ago I couldn't have imagined my current situation in my wildest dreams. So I'm a bit overwhelmed still, whenever I think about it. I can cast out all of these threads, but I don't know what will happen when I inevitably reel them back in, because it's not something I have ever done before." She stopped, and took a deep breath.

"But that's something I should worry about some other time, yes."

"I'll be in New York, which isn't precisely far away.  And there are video calls, and all of that.  Maybe an actual date here and there, we can go to Pride, whatever works for you."  She let her hand rest on one of Monica's as she rocked back in her seat as she looked at her.  Corinne's expression was bemused at this, because, well... it simply wasn't something she had expected.  She had avoided relationships until right up the end of high school.

Of course the one she chose was... well, complicated.  She had resigned herself to not being able to get out of this world.  But she could try to move into her own corner of it all.

• 3 weeks later...

When Corinne mentioned what the two of them could do, Monica's mood quickly cleared up a lot. She had a visible smile on her face, and it looked a lot more genuine than the one she usually showed.

"That sounds really nice, yes. " All of this had come so quickly and unexpected that Monica now realized she'd forgotten to think about all the good parts. And now that she did, she felt a lot more confident about everything.

"You know, I've been meaning to visit New York at some point ever since I moved to FC. "

• 2 weeks later...

Corinne shrugged, an elegant roll of her shoulders.  "The trick will be getting into Hamilton but I think we can do it.  I mean, if you want.  You might get sick of me by then."  She laughed a little to herself, as she raised her brows as she stretched her arms wide, and then settled back in her seat.

She sighed and closed her eyes, "I guess I have it easy.  The expectations direct at me are based on a womanizer who just has cash to throw around, and as the ability to take a hit.  But... all the same, I have expectations for myself.  And all of this can ruin those pretty easily.  Even if everyone sees it as me being selfish."

• 3 weeks later...

At the suggestion of Hamilton Moonica laughed a bit. “You know, I’ve never thrown the weight this title gives me around, I could probably get us tickets that way. “ She moved one of her hands to brush some hair out of her face, before placing it back on her now-Girlfriend (heh, she still needed some time to process that one in her mind) ‘s hand. 

“Hey now, you’ve got your own situation, and you can’t let others judge what it is and isn’t. To reach something ike what you’re working on you need to make trade-offs somewhere, even if people generally don’t like that one.” Monica chuckled internally, as she added on some things in her thoughts only. 

Or try to drag you out of your room instead of letting you study. Even though this time it worked out, so maybe I should do this more often...

She smirked a little bit and she shrugs, ""I am not particularly really worried about the judgments, except regarding my dancing.  And honestly, people here aren't very... good at providing that, so I am okay."  She stuck out her tongue as she giggled over this, and then took a sip of her coffee.  "But, but it doesn't mean they can't make my life difficult.  Especially when they think I am crazy, or a bitch."  She rolled her sparkling blue eyes at this, and she turned her hand, so that her palm was pressed to Monica's.

"Now the bad news, we're gonna have to see Phantom."