The Midnight Society OOC

Thevshi

I have noted that a number of characters (mainly heroes) are ones that are potentially part of the high society of Freedom City. My PL 10 heroine Velocity’s father is a rich corporate attorney at Freedom City’s largest law firm, the Freedom Eagle II is the son of Mayor O’Conner, Shinken is the CEO of a major company and very wealthy, the Emissary is a diplomat so also potentially one that would be part of those circles. I also noted that one of the villains, Bael, with his wealth and alternate identity could be part of this social class.

So, I figured that a party at the Midnight Society would serve as a good chance for a bit of socializing and interaction in secret identities (with hopefully some Refs bringing in some of Freedom City’s wealthy NPCs).

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noted that a number of characters (mainly heroes) are ones that are potentially part of the high society of Freedom City. My PL 10 heroine Velocity’s father is a rich corporate attorney at Freedom City’s largest law firm, the Freedom Eagle II is the son of Mayor O’Conner, Shinken is the CEO of a major company and very wealthy, the Emissary is a diplomat so also potentially one that would be part of those circles. I also noted that one of the villains, Bael, with his wealth and alternate identity could be part of this social class.

So, I figured that a party at the Midnight Society would serve as a good chance for a bit of socializing and interaction in secret identities (with hopefully some Refs bringing in some of Freedom City’s wealthy NPCs).

For those that might not have the Freedom City sourcebook, it describes the Midnight Society as follows...

The Midnight Society is the most exclusive club in Freedom City, and quickly on its way to becoming one of the most exclusive in the world. It includes some of the wealthiest and most influential people in the country, and throws the most exclusive parties. Membership is by invitation only, and such invitations are a social coup of the highest order, rarely, if ever, refused.

The club has a reputation for old money, Old World chamr and civility, and a high degree of snobbery.

For those that might not have the Freedom City sourcebook, it describes the Midnight Society as follows...

The Midnight Society is the most exclusive club in Freedom City, and quickly on its way to becoming one of the most exclusive in the world. It includes some of the wealthiest and most influential people in the country, and throws the most exclusive parties. Membership is by invitation only, and such invitations are a social coup of the highest order, rarely, if ever, refused.

The club has a reputation for old money, Old World chamr and civility, and a high degree of snobbery.

Unless there is some objection, I'll be bringing Hieronymus King and his granddaughter to the club tonight. For now let's assume that the flavor text about King (that he may be involved in backing criminal organizations) is completely unknown to the players (without some further in-game investigation), but that his reputation for being ruthless and "hard nosed" is legendary.

His granddaughter is going to be an NPC of my own creation. ;) You'll get to meet here as the evening progresses.

Unless there is some objection, I'll be bringing Hieronymus King and his granddaughter to the club tonight. For now let's assume that the flavor text about King (that he may be involved in backing criminal organizations) is completely unknown to the players (without some further in-game investigation), but that his reputation for being ruthless and "hard nosed" is legendary.

His granddaughter is going to be an NPC of my own creation. ;) You'll get to meet here as the evening progresses.

I'm going to have Freedom Eagle II (or, rather, Richard O'Connor and his girlfriend) show up, I think. Mayor O'Connor is a very wealthy man, and powerful; I doubt he'd be above at least Midnight Society membership. (Naturally, of course, it's the manipulative types, the ones who don't answer to the people) who get to know the real secrets...

Richard and Rose:

http://www.goldencan.com/images/merchants/123h.gif

I'm going to have Freedom Eagle II (or, rather, Richard O'Connor and his girlfriend) show up, I think. Mayor O'Connor is a very wealthy man, and powerful; I doubt he'd be above at least Midnight Society membership. (Naturally, of course, it's the manipulative types, the ones who don't answer to the people) who get to know the real secrets...

Richard and Rose:

Richard and Rose:

Richard and Rose:

Yay, welcome to the party :)

Richard and Rose:

Richard and Rose: