The Midnight Society OOC

Thevshi

Benjiro would be greeting her as well, if he didn't have to deal with King and the Emmisary. He'll try to give her some attention at a later point, but as it is he'd sort of be overwhelmed if he tried to say hi now.

Speaking of the Emissary, MarkK, I have a cool idea I'd like to get your approval for. Since Benjiro is a public superhero who's almost entirely helpless without his battlesuit, the man pushing his wheelchair is a highly capable bodyguard- and, being an employee of a high-end military equipment supplier with an inventor of Benjiro's caliber at the helm, he's likely to be exotically armed.

Since daka crystals factor in much of the ultra-tech in the Freedom City-verse, I was thinking that the power packs of the blaster pistol he's carrying could have trace amounts of daka crystals in 'em- not enough to trigger your Weakness at full strength, but enough to make you decidedly uncomfortable around him and maybe give you a vicious headache by the end of the night. It could make for some intriguing distrust and suspicion on the Emissary's part against Benjiro that could ferment for a while, or it could lead to an interesting misunderstanding right now if that's what you want. What do you say?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benjiro would be greeting her as well, if he didn't have to deal with King and the Emmisary. He'll try to give her some attention at a later point, but as it is he'd sort of be overwhelmed if he tried to say hi now.

Speaking of the Emissary, MarkK, I have a cool idea I'd like to get your approval for. Since Benjiro is a public superhero who's almost entirely helpless without his battlesuit, the man pushing his wheelchair is a highly capable bodyguard- and, being an employee of a high-end military equipment supplier with an inventor of Benjiro's caliber at the helm, he's likely to be exotically armed.

Since daka crystals factor in much of the ultra-tech in the Freedom City-verse, I was thinking that the power packs of the blaster pistol he's carrying could have trace amounts of daka crystals in 'em- not enough to trigger your Weakness at full strength, but enough to make you decidedly uncomfortable around him and maybe give you a vicious headache by the end of the night. It could make for some intriguing distrust and suspicion on the Emissary's part against Benjiro that could ferment for a while, or it could lead to an interesting misunderstanding right now if that's what you want. What do you say?

Ok peeps, I'm jumping in!

Some facts about Adam Kirk.

adam.jpg

- Born in Freedom City to parents Felicity and Damien Kirk, the oil millionaire come re-usable energy billionaire.

- Financed his first feature-length film at 16 (he didn't use his family's money, securing independant funding instead). It was called 'Blood Relatives' and was about a boy who discovers his father is a vampire.

- His band 'Freedom Fighters', had a top 10 hit when he was 18 called 'Everyone Alone'. The band split soon after.

- Had been involved in the production of twelve feature-length films (six of which he acted in) by the time he was twenty-four, earning him three academy awards.

- Won an academy award for best actor only last year, for his portrayal of The Centurion in the film 'The End Of Omega'

- His personal life has seen women come and go - some splits amicable, some not so much. Has a reputation of being too involed with his work. Currently believed to be single.

- He's now 25, and is apparently working on his latest project - very hush, hush.

- Is famously quoted as saying "I'm not an actor, I just play one in movies," and for leaving his father out of his acceptance speech of his first academy award.

adam.jpg

- Born in Freedom City to parents Felicity and Damien Kirk, the oil millionaire come re-usable energy billionaire.

- Financed his first feature-length film at 16 (he didn't use his family's money, securing independant funding instead). It was called 'Blood Relatives' and was about a boy who discovers his father is a vampire.

- His band 'Freedom Fighters', had a top 10 hit when he was 18 called 'Everyone Alone'. The band split soon after.

- Had been involved in the production of twelve feature-length films (six of which he acted in) by the time he was twenty-four, earning him three academy awards.

- Won an academy award for best actor only last year, for his portrayal of The Centurion in the film 'The End Of Omega'

- His personal life has seen women come and go - some splits amicable, some not so much. Has a reputation of being too involed with his work. Currently believed to be single.

- He's now 25, and is apparently working on his latest project - very hush, hush.

- Is famously quoted as saying "I'm not an actor, I just play one in movies," and for leaving his father out of his acceptance speech of his first academy award.

adam.jpg

It could make for some intriguing distrust and suspicion on the Emissary's part against Benjiro that could ferment for a while, or it could lead to an interesting misunderstanding right now if that's what you want. What do you say?

To be honest, it's sort of a personal preference of mine not to set up antagonistic rp with people that doesn't come out of things that happen in play. It's just a thing of mine.

It could make for some intriguing distrust and suspicion on the Emissary's part against Benjiro that could ferment for a while, or it could lead to an interesting misunderstanding right now if that's what you want. What do you say?

To be honest, it's sort of a personal preference of mine not to set up antagonistic rp with people that doesn't come out of things that happen in play. It's just a thing of mine.

FYI, Lucy King is getting retconned just a bit. At Affliction's request, she is no longer going to be a supervillain and is getting a change of hair color.

So I removed the word "blonde" from this post, and I added the sentences . . .

King have never been afraid of anything before in his life, because he had never truly loved anything. But now with Lucy in his life, the world was a scarier place.

. . . to this post to make it a normal grandfatherly kind of fear, not a "my granddaughter is a monster and is holding me hostage" kind of fear. :D

FYI, Lucy King is getting retconned just a bit. At Affliction's request, she is no longer going to be a supervillain and is getting a change of hair color.

King have never been afraid of anything before in his life, because he had never truly loved anything. But now with Lucy in his life, the world was a scarier place.

. . . to this post to make it a normal grandfatherly kind of fear, not a "my granddaughter is a monster and is holding me hostage" kind of fear. :D

FYI guys, I’m going to extract myself (and Mr. King and Randy) from this thread in about a week (RT), so I can start gearing up for what we’ve got planned for Christmas and New Years. Obviously, you can keep this going as long as you like.

FYI guys, I’m going to extract myself (and Mr. King and Randy) from this thread in about a week (RT), so I can start gearing up for what we’ve got planned for Christmas and New Years. Obviously, you can keep this going as long as you like.

• 3 weeks later...