Better Thinking in the Lost World

Supercape

Hi, sory for huge delays this month, I have been swamped with work and not-work work. 

Thats a mighty range on that scanner!

Supersenses is an odd beast and has taken me a long time to sort out in my head. That power may be a little off, notation wise, but I am thinking it is:

Radio Sense [1 PP] (Detects radiowaves)

Radar Sense [1 PP] (Detects positions)

Accurate Applied to Radar Sense [2 PP]

Acute, Ranged, Radius applied by default to both Radio and Radar Sense [0 PP]

Danger Sense [Radio Senses] [1 PP]

Extended 2 (x100, Applied to Radar Sense) [2 PP]

Uncanny Dodge as Feat [1 PP]

Radar Sense Counters Concealmenet [2 PP]

For a total of 10 PP, so I am not sure where the last PP is spent on that?

Im going to go with the above for now, but if you can correct my thinking, please do so! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gonna try diplomacizing Lord Uplift, from one mad scientist to another.

Dok's still got his Mind set to "Enhanced CHA."  He's untrained in Diplomacy, so that's a +7 bonus.

I'm going to use one of his 5 Hero Points to activate Beginner's Luck, giving him 5r in Diplomacy.

Which puts his total at +12.

1d20+12: 18 [1d20=6]

I can do better.  And I shall, by using another HP to Improved Roll!

1d20+12: 29 [1d20=17]

Muuuuch better.

Down to 3 HP now.

Thats fine by me. However, I always struggle a bit with diplomacy vs primary characters in these situations. It is, to my mind, not a power that will change his motivation or agenda, or protect you from conflict. It merely suggests that he is more inclined towards you, but that wont (usually) stop him from his course of action. I hope your understanding is of a similar nature. 

For reference: Doktor Archeville, 3 HP

• 3 weeks later...

Dok's trying a new tactic.  Calling for a stunt off his Enhanced Mind 8 (16pp) array.  Switching from

Enhanced Charisma 16 ("enhanced presence/interpersonal intelligence"; to 24/+7)

to

Emotion Control 12 ("talking them into despair"; Extras: Area [General, Burst, 60-ft. radius], Selective Attack; Flaws: Limited [Despair only], Range 2 [Touch], Sense-Dependent [auditory]; PFs: Progression [120-ft. radius], Subtle) {8pp} & Enhanced Charisma 8 (to 16/+3) {8pp}  {8+8=16/16pp}

Targeting just the apes.

They'll need to make a DC 22 Reflex save (for the Area part; representing if their ears happen to be turned away/blocked or not).

Then either a DC 22 or 16 Will save (22 if they failed the Reflex save, 16 if they made it).

Those who fail that Will save by 1-9 become shaken (-2 on attacks, defense, and checks).

Those who fail by 10+ become overcome with hopelessness, and unable to take any actions.