Business & Technology

Dr Archeville

After the good Doctor's analysis, Eric sighed and put a hand on one of his temples And this is precisely why you don't ask one of the smartest men in the world what they think; it hurts the head. Eric took a moment to rub his temples while collecting his thoughts on the issue, or more accurately issues.

Chief among his thoughts was connection between Shinken and Benjiro. Eric personally couldn't care less who was inside the suit, but what worried him was the parallel between him and Malice. His mind began to race checking over all the various bits of technology the Doctor had seen this day, and to the event that started him on this path, his father.... Eric decided it was best to put those thoughts out of his head for now. Either the Doctor truly had no idea of the particulars of Eric's night life, or conversely the Doctor already has his suspicions and came here to test Eric. Either way...

"It's a gamble." said Eric raising his head again. "Maintaining our organization as is would be the safer bet, and our returns are more or less assured, though substantially less than those offered by Benjiro. Joining with Ares Macrotech on the other hand is a riskier proposal, for the reasons you pointed out, as well as others, but with it comes the opportunity to reap huge benefits."

Eric pauses for a moment, though it doesn’t seem like he’s done talking yet. “So, it comes down to what the company would rather do; learn to stand on our own two feet, but suffer through a period of crawling and scrapped knees, or conversely, accept a helping hand so we may stand that much sooner, but hope that hand will be there to help us in our hour of need.

Personally, I prefer the first option, but I can’t let my personal preferences cloud my judgment, Benjiro’s offer is still very good.â€Â

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Oh, boo-hoo, I have to do what my employees want, I can't do what I want.' Weakling!

And I suppose you already know how you'd answer the problem, hrm?

Of course! I'd... no, I'd... but... if...

Right. You just sit over there, let the adults handle things.

"I cannot say which I prefer," he replied, "were I in your shoes. My own reasons for coming to you today in a way parallel your own; I came to you because you can offer access to things I require, and I have access to things you can use. But this... this is far bigger an exercise in risk assessment than I am used to. It's what you corporate types are known for, and I'll freely admit that you're far better at it than I."

He finished off the bottle of water, "If there's anything I can do to help you in your decision-making process, any information some of my contacts and connections could get me that yours cannot, please, let me know, and I'll see what I can find. Not to say that I'm offering to do any sort of Corporate Espionage, because that would be just wrong."

He ended that last part with a wink. He then glanced at his watch, then back to his host.

"If there is nothing else you need from me at the moment, Herr Micheals -- Eric -- I do have some projects of my own back home that need attending to." He extended his right hand to shake, "Oh, and in light of today's events, I have decided that I will be working with you as an official Consultant, so let me know when the contract for that is ready and I'll sign off on it."

Eric stood to accompany the Doctor out, and shook his hand when it was offered. "Thank you Dr. Archeville, and I look forward to working with you. I'll have the legal team draft the contract post haste. But in the interim if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call or stop on by." Eric presents Dr. Archeville with a business card that he notices also contains his personal cell number, home phone number and home address.

"I'll let you know about the Marcotech situation as soon as I know anything. Oh, and I know I probably don't have to tell you this, but to cover my own bases, do me a favor and don't make any trades involving Darts or Macrotech for a couple of weeks. The SEC might frown upon that. And now I bid you good day."

Hrm, that would put you out, wouldn't it?

Him and us, which is just one reason we're not going to do it!

You never let me have any fun.

"Reden ist silber, schweigen ist gold, Herr Micheals," he replied, taking the card and stuffing it into a pocket. "I know such a leak could go sour for both of us." As they exited the elevator, he was all smiles, "Guten tag, schöne dame!" he said to Samantha as he passed her desk.

Once they reached the door, he shook Eric's hand again, then walked off, hands in his pockets, whistling a light tun as he appeared to slowly walk up an invisible set of stairs.

Eric turned away from the shrinking figure of Dr. Archeville and walked up to Samantha's desk. "How'd it go?" "That... is a question of some debate. Call a priority 1 general meeting to assemble in the General Hall in half an hour. Attendance is mandatory for all personnel. I'll explain everything there." "Um, alright. See you then...?"

About 35 minutes where everyone had crammed into the room, and members of the board were on a conference call, Eric told them all about what had transpired that day. He was blunt and direct, but never skipped on the details. There was a collective cheer from the crowd as Eric told them about Dr. Archeville's desire to become a consultant.

The news about Ares Macrotech was greeted with a great deal of muttering, and whispers to neighbors. Eric gave them a week to decide, and say simply that he would throw the weight of his shares behind the choice the majority decided.

A week later, Benjiro Fujisama and Dr. Archeville received work that Darts had accepted Ares Macrotech's deal.