Character Edits Resulting from New Board Rules

Dr Archeville

Yeah. I''m not really worried about the sword plus I wanted to up my acrobatics and DEF anyway and get a method to move quickly around. As it is I'm pretty much grounded.

Other problem for it being equipment.. a sword should really use the stats of the standard sword. There's nothing for why yours would be different/special.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT isn't special. What is different? Should I switch the mighty feat for improved critical or something. I figure since the Powerfist in the equipment allows Mighty then the sword should too. Should I lower it a rank? That isn't really problem.

Now that I look at it the sample utility belt in the core book has a power fist with the exact same stats. Can't I just call it a sword?

You really don't want to cite a utility belt where it gives its cutting torch as being something like 4 ranks in effectiveness below the one you want. Your equipment is just generally better than the equivalent equipment and I'm not really seeing it as things your character can just casually obtain. You have a hang glider that's as fast/faster than some cars. Were these devices that are part of your innate shtick, sure. These are by contrast just things you picked up along the way, by and large.

You want it that badly, fine, you ever lose it/it gets wrecked, there will be problems.

You might consider, if you want replaceable equipment that is better than average (in some cases well better) and your character cannot make it himself, nor is part of an organization that can supply it, to get contacts, or connected, or something to that effect, to reflect being in touch with suppliers who can.

Or even better. Just fold the torch into Power Rifle( Change that to Power Staff) and use the additional point saved from the equipment to purchase contacts.

Edit

heck if I wasn't so thematically attached to the sword I could remove all the equipment and create a Rank 1 Hard to lose Device with both the Hang Glider and the Grappling gun.

Alright here we go. Let ignore my changes and start from the top to avoid confusion.

I have 3unspent pps

I want to convert the Easy to Lose Device rank 2 to hard to lose Device Rank two and spend 2pps. Instead of a sword I want

(Protection +5 AP: Hanglider{Swinging(3), Wallcrawling(2)}, AP: Flight 4{flaw: Gliding} [PF]) then spend the last point on Equipment: Sword(Strike3[PF])

Then Add 3 Additional APs to the Power Rifle (change Name to Staff) it is only using 27 pps so it cna hold 3 more PFs

Ranged Drain Toughness 8

Dazzle 8 (Auditory; Extra: 40-ft. Burst Area)

Obscure 8 (Visual/Smoke; Extra: Independent)

Liquidate the Body Armor and grenades in the Equipment section and that leaves me with 4pps again.

Add 4 ranks to Acrobatics, add 2 rank to Dodge focus, add contacts feat.

That should be it.

Alright here we go. Let ignore my changes and start from the top to avoid confusion.

I have 3unspent pps

I want to convert the Easy to Lose Device rank 2 to hard to lose Device Rank two and spend 2pps. Instead of a sword I want

(Protection +5 AP: Hanglider{Swinging(3), Wallcrawling(2)}, AP: Flight 4{flaw: Gliding} [PF]) then spend the last point on Equipment: Sword(Strike3[PF])

Then Add 3 Additional APs to the Power Rifle (change Name to Staff) it is only using 27 pps so it cna hold 3 more PFs

Ranged Drain Toughness 8

Dazzle 8 (Auditory; Extra: 40-ft. Burst Area)

Obscure 8 (Visual/Smoke; Extra: Independent)

Liquidate the Body Armor and grenades in the Equipment section and that leaves me with 4pps again.

Add 4 ranks to Acrobatics, add 2 rank to Dodge focus, add contacts feat.

That should be it.

Holy mother of convoluted.. okay, no, just no. I cannot remotely picture a device that is body armour that turns into a hanglider that turns into a grappling gun. A device is, you know, an actual device.

You know, looking at your current character sheet, I'm not even finding the 4 points of improved critial, meaning that really, the only thing that needs to be changed is your pl notation.

Holy mother of convoluted.. okay, no, just no. I cannot remotely picture a device that is body armour that turns into a hanglider that turns into a grappling gun. A device is, you know, an actual device.

You know, looking at your current character sheet, I'm not even finding the 4 points of improved critial, meaning that really, the only thing that needs to be changed is your pl notation.

The Improved Critical 4 had been on his sword, but he had semi-recently requested it be changed to Penetrating 4, a change I did mange to put in. I was sure I'd noted that somewhere, but it seems I had not. Sorry :oops:

If he lowered his total Toughness -- switch his current armor (Protection 5, which is actually higher than any of the sample Equipment armors and so probably shouldn't have been allowed) for either an armored jumpsuit or an undercover vest (both Protection 3), he could have a "form-distorting cloak" (Enhanced Defense 2) that could also change into a hang glider (Flight 4, Flaw: Gliding). 5pp, which fits into a Hard to Lose Device 1. Don't know if that imagery would fit that character, though.

Or Hard to Lose Device 2: Protection 5, Flight 4 (retractable glider wings; Flaw: Gliding), and 1 more point for... something. Maybe Enhanced Skills (Stealth 4) to represent sound-muffling padding and shifting camouflage patterning.

Ok lets forget those changes.

I'll just spendthe three PPs

add four ranks to acrobatics

add the contacts feat

add 1pp toequipment so he can get the grappling gun.

add the Ranged Drain toughness 8 AP to the power Staff staff.

Changed the Improved Critical 4 to penetrating four so it conforms to board rules.

Wesley Remix, take three

Drop the array down to 13 (-6)

Drop the Protection down to 5 (-4)

Drop the Base Will to 8 (-2)

Drop the Base Reflex to 8 (-2)

Drop Sense Motive to 7 (-0.25)

Add Enhanced Constitution 6 (+6)

Add Super-Senses 6 (Sense Life (mental; Detect, Ranged, Accute, Accurate, Analytical)) (+6)

Add Medicine 5 (+1.25)

Wesley Remix, take three

Drop the array down to 13 (-6)

Drop the Protection down to 5 (-4)

Drop the Base Will to 8 (-2)

Drop the Base Reflex to 8 (-2)

Drop Sense Motive to 7 (-0.25)

Add Enhanced Constitution 6 (+6)

Add Super-Senses 6 (Sense Life (mental; Detect, Ranged, Accute, Accurate, Analytical)) (+6)

Add Medicine 5 (+1.25)

Updated by Doc.

Just some minor edits that seems to have been missed when the character was updated:

In the stats, lower Strength and Constitution to 36 (+13), since the enhanced abilities in the powers section was lowered.

In the DC blocks the saves required are DC 28, since the attacks are +13, not +14.

Just some minor edits that seems to have been missed when the character was updated:

In the stats, lower Strength and Constitution to 36 (+13), since the enhanced abilities in the powers section was lowered.

In the DC blocks the saves required are DC 28, since the attacks are +13, not +14.

Done.

Ok lets forget those changes.

I'll just spendthe three PPs

add four ranks to acrobatics

add the contacts feat

add 1pp toequipment so he can get the grappling gun.

add the Ranged Drain toughness 8 AP to the power Staff staff.

Changed the Improved Critical 4 to penetrating four so it conforms to board rules.

Okay, the improved critial was long since changed before this came up, and your pl was lowered, that's really the only edits that needed to be done to conform to board rules, the rest is just general pp spending.

• 2 weeks later...