Character Edits Resulting from New Board Rules

Dr Archeville

I have enough Autofire on the Blast. It's a ranged attack, so 1 rank of Mighty allows me to do 1 point of extra damage per point of Strength bonus. All the Blast ranks have autofire, and the 2 mighty ranks I have bought have the autofire extra. I haven't got Mighty 3, so only add 2 points of damage from strength.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lose:

Attack Focus (Ranged) 1

Eidetic Memory

Equipment [lose Sap and Grappling Gun; the gun is brought into the bow and the sap was forgotten about so gets ditched]

1 point of Fort save

Gain:

Increase Device rank by 1 and add restricted feat

Device 4 (Easy to Lose; Bow and trick arrows, Restricted [Rapid Shot and Ricochet feats are restricted to those with +10 attack bonus or better with bows)

Devices: Bow & Arrows

Blast 3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Mighty 3, Ricochet, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]) Normal, blunt and bladed arrows

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Autofire, Flaws: Full-round Action, Feats: Improved Critical, Mighty 2, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]) Rapid shot

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Penetrating 4, Feats: Mighty 3, Drawbacks: Reduced Range [5 increments]) Explosive-tipped arrows

AP: Dazzle 4 (visual, Extras: Area-Burst) Flash-bang arrows

AP: Fatigue 4 (Extras: Ranged) Tranquiliser arrows

AP: Nullify 6 (technology descriptor) EMP arrows

AP: Obscure 6 (visual; 250’ radius, Extras: Independent) Smokebomb arrows

AP: Stun 4 (Extras: Ranged) Taser arrows

AP: Super-Movement 1 (Swinging) Grapnel arrow

Would this be OK? I also noticed an error while updating the array in that some of the powers were 1 pp over the allowed cost, so these weren't increased in cost by increasing the base power's pp value.

It seems for High Note I would need to lose the rank of attack focus(ranged), lower my force field rank by one and lose a rank of Perform singing, thus refunding me 2.25 points.

Re-posted from the other thread, as it seems to have been missed.

How do you want to spend those points?

Lose:

Attack Focus (Ranged) 1

Eidetic Memory

Equipment [lose Sap and Grappling Gun; the gun is brought into the bow and the sap was forgotten about so gets ditched]

1 point of Fort save

Gain:

Increase Device rank by 1 and add restricted feat

Device 4 (Easy to Lose; Bow and trick arrows, Restricted [Rapid Shot and Ricochet feats are restricted to those with +10 attack bonus or better with bows)

Blast 3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Mighty 3, Ricochet, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]) Normal, blunt and bladed arrows

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Autofire, Flaws: Full-round Action, Feats: Improved Critical, Mighty 2, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]) Rapid shot

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Penetrating 4, Feats: Mighty 3, Drawbacks: Reduced Range [5 increments]) Explosive-tipped arrows

Would this be OK? I also noticed an error while updating the array in that some of the powers were 1 pp over the allowed cost, so these weren't increased in cost by increasing the base power's pp value.

The restricted applies to anyone trying to use the bow with below that rating period (so um.. watch how low you dip your attack bonus when using tradeoff feats)

otherwise Done

Wait, why would that apply? I don't think that's very fair suddenly losing the ability to do it because you're showing more skill (i.e. you can trade off accuracy for hitting power).

Because restricted on a device applies to the whole device, not just pieces of the device.

What other way? I don't want to have the autofire shot in the deice, because that means any guy off the street can pick it up and rapid-fire arrows.

Then leave it as the changes are, and a guy off the street cannot in fact do so. Or take another point of restricted, and just have it be that you are the only one who can use the bow, ala Odysseus.

Ok, one more time aaaaand.... I just elected to keep it simple, stupid (KISS) and give up on the whole restricted thing.

Lose:

Attack Focus (Ranged)

Eidetic Memory

Gain:

Increase Device rank by 1

Device 4 (Easy to Lose; Bow and trick arrows)

Blast 3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Improved Range, Mighty 3, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]) Normal, blunt and bladed arrows

So, can anyone take a look at Ronin's changes for me?

You really want to do all those changes? the only thing you need to lose are the 4 ranks of improved critial, we only allow 2.

Also, your sword becoming equipment instead of a device makes it /vastly/ more fragile and vulnerable to being destroyed even just via plot.