Character Edits Resulting from New Board Rules

Dr Archeville

After much deliberation, the Refs are making some changes to two existing rules for character creation. These changes will go into effect immediately (and will be included in the Game Rules thread), and we will be contacting the folks whose characters need to be changed and try to work things out as smoothly as possible.

1) Trade-offs are being reduced from +/-4 to +/-3.

2) When a PC gains a PL is being changed. The new "schedule" is as follows:

90-99pp = PL 6

100-114 = PL 7

115-129 = PL 8

130-144pp = PL 9

145-159pp = PL 10

160-174pp = PL 11

175-189pp = PL 12

190-204pp = PL 13

205-219pp = PL 14

This sets the gap between starting PL and the next PL at 10pp (achievable with approx. 3 months of solid posting, rather than going up a PL as soon as you gain 1pp), but still keeps all the PLs separated by 15pp.

Once you reach 219pp (which would take about two years of solid 25+ post/month posting for a beginning PL 10 character), your character will no longer earn additional points, but you are still welcome to play them, or you can archive them.

We thank you for your patience, and hope you all continue to play here at FC PbP for a very long time :)

Now, as for the characters who'll need to be changed:

[*:c6o0vkfl]Aaron Shui drops from PL 11 to PL 10. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Arrowhawk's PL remains the same, but he now breaks the new PL caps on his Attack/Damage. Updated by MarkK
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Belphegor drops from PL 7 to PL 6. His Demonic Attacks Array will need to go down, and he'll need one of his Drawbacks removed, as he is currently at 7pp worth of drawbacks. Updated by MarkK.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Capricia Chill drops down from PL 11 to PL 10. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Contour drops from PL 11 to PL 10. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Dryad drops from PL 11 to PL 10. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Ember Paw drops from PL 7 to PL 6. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Emissary drops from PL 13 to PL 12. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Exile drops from PL 11 to PL 10. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Ghost drops down from PL 8 to PL 7. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]High Note drops from PL 7 to PL 6, which puts him over on both Attack/Effect and Defense/Toughness. Updated by MarkK
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Hub drops from PL 8 to PL 7. Both his Offensive and Defensive combat stuff will need to change.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Icarus' PL remains the same, but he's now over the new trade-off limits on Defense/Toughness. Updated by MarkK.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Ionica's PL remains the same, but she's now over on the trade-offs for both Attack/Damage and Defense/Toughness. Updated by MarkK.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Ironhide drops from PL 11 to PL 10. His Defense/Toughness is over due to the new trade-offs. Updated by MarkK.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Leviathan's PL remains the same, but he's now over on the trade-offs for Defense/Toughness. Updated by MarkK
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Lullaby's PL drops from 7 to 6. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Malice drops from PL 11 to PL 10. And he's now over on the trade-offs for both Attack/Damage and Defense/Toughness. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Man-Bat drops from PL 11 to PL 10. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Mongrel Angel drops from PL 7 to PL 6. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Quark's PL remains the same, but he now breaks the new PL caps on his Attack/Effect. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Red Star drops from PL 7 to PL 6. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Ronin drops from PL 11 to PL 10. No other stats need changing as a result of these changes, but he does need to lose some of the Improved Critical from his sword (he has 4 ranks, we only allow 2).
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Sen drops from PL 7 to PL 6. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Shade's PL remains the same, but he now breaks the new PL caps on his Defense/Toughness. Updated by MarkK
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Velocity drops from PL 13 to PL 12. Her Defense will need to come down 1 point, as it is currently at +16. Updated by MarkK.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Vigor drops from PL 7 to PL 6. No other stats need changing, though. Updated by Doc.
    [*:c6o0vkfl]Wesley Knight drops from PL 11 to PL 10, and will need to have his Life Control array re-done so it doesn't break the new trade-offs.

Updated by Doc.

Almost every active character gets some change, though for about half it's only a change to their PL and nothing else.

Archived characters will be edited when and if they are ever unarchived.

So, for those of you whose characters need editing, please post in this thread with how you would like to change them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll drop one point of attack focus (ranged), reducing it to 2 points and changing my attack bonus to:

Attack +9 base, +11 ranged, +13 bows

Instead of using situational feats (i.e. I'm not fighting my favoured opponent, I'm now less competent than my team-mates!), or having my base bow damage be even higher, can I have an AP in my bow array, outside of the Device (i.e. much like how Bowman has Ricochet taken as a feat rather than part of his Device)?

Rapid Shot

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Autofire, Flaws: Full-round action, Feats: Mighty 2, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing])

I'll drop one point of attack focus (ranged), reducing it to 2 points and changing my attack bonus to:

Attack +9 base, +11 ranged, +13 bows

Instead of using situational feats (i.e. I'm not fighting my favoured opponent, I'm now less competent than my team-mates!), or having my base bow damage be even higher, can I have an AP in my bow array, outside of the Device (i.e. much like how Bowman has Ricochet taken as a feat rather than part of his Device)?

Rapid Shot

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Autofire, Flaws: Full-round action, Feats: Mighty 2, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing])

First part's easily done. However, I'm not quite sure what you're asking in the second part. Bowman has Ricochet as a Feat because Kenson decided it was something that could be done as a feat, useable with any ranged attack. It sounds like what you want is to get Autofire as a "naked extra" useable with any ranged attack. Am I right?

Knock Wesley's array to down 13 and his Protection to 8.

That'd put him at 145 points, with 7 more to spend.

For Belphegor:

* Reduce Demonic Attacks array from 7 to 6 (lowers Hellfire Control and Emotion Control to 6). This frees 2pp.

* Reduce Vulnerable Drawback to Vulnerable (holy attacks, +1 DC modifier; uncommon, minor, -1pp). This eats 1pp.

* With remaining 1 pp, add a new AP to his Demonic Attacks array: Create Object 1 (Extras: Independent, Total Fade [lasts for 2 rounds]; PFs: Precise, Slow Fade 7/1 day [objects fade after 2 days], Subtle)

Quark wasn't that hard at all :P

Powers: 53pp

Device 6 (The Quark Suit, 30 points, hard to lose) 24pp

Device 5 (Protection Undersuit, 25 points, hard to lose) 20pp

Device 1 (Teleport Watch, 5 points, hard to lose) 4pp

Device 1 (Babel Fish PDA, 5 points, easy to lose) 3pp

Immunity 1 (sleep; PF: Innate) 2pp

Devices:

Quark Suit: 30 points

Flight 4 (100 mph)

Mimic 6 (all powers at once, Extras: Alternate Save/Toughness, Range/Ranged; Flaws: Resisted, Tainted, Unreliable [5 charges]; PFs: Accurate 3, 1 Alternate Power)

AP: Blast 6 (Extras: Autofire 2; Flaw: Action/Full; PF: Accurate 3)

Teleport Watch: 5 points

Super-Movement 2 (Dimensional 1), Super Senses 3 (Direction Sense, Radio, Time Sense)

Protection Undersuit: 25 points

Protection 7 (Extra: Impervious 6)

Enhanced Defense 6

Babel Fish PDA: 5 points

Comprehend 2 (speak to and understand machines)

AP: Datalink 4

However, I'm not quite sure what you're asking in the second part. Bowman has Ricochet as a Feat because Kenson decided it was something that could be done as a feat, useable with any ranged attack. It sounds like what you want is to get Autofire as a "naked extra" useable with any ranged attack. Am I right?

No, what I'm asking is for him to take an Alternate Power feat for the array in his Device as part of his own abilities rather than part of his Device. Although if there was a way to get Autofire and Full-round Action onto all attacks he made with a bow that wasn't convoluted to pull off, colour me interested.

I've also included the changes that I previously posted in the other character edit thread (to be able to afford Dynamic on the alternate power of Super-Strength), though lowered will save a bit, as I felt Will +8 was a bit too high.

Enhanced Strength -2 (for Enhanced Strength 28) - gives 2 PP

In array: Lower Electrical Control to 13 ranks

Enhanced Constitution -2 (for Enhanced Constitution 26 - gives 2 PP

Remove Immunity - Mental Effects - gives 10 PP

Total PP gained: 14

Add 2 ranks to Regeneration: Injured 1/minute [3], Staggered 1/minute [3] - costs 2 PP

Add 1 AP on enhanced strength 28: - costs 1 PP

Blast (electrical eyeblasts) 9 (extra: range - perception)

Add 1 rank to Super-Strength, raising it to 10 - costs 2 PP

Add 1 Power Feat on Super-Strength: Shockwave - costs 1 PP

Make the alternate power on Super-Strength Dynamic - costs 1 PP

Raise will save to +6 - costs 7 PP

Total PP spent: 14

Ok simnple fix for Ronin. Change the power in the Sword Device to (Strike 4 Extra: Penetrating; PF: Mighty, Improved Critical)

Err edit.

I was wonderign if I could just make the sword a peice of equipment?

The 4 points would go to Equipment and I would buy

GrapplingGun

Swinging (3) Wallcrawling(2) 5EP

Hang Glider

Flight 4 (Flaw: Gliding) PF: Concealable 5EP

Sword

Strike 4 PF:Mighty 5EP

Laser Torch

Drain Toughness 5 (Flaw: Objects Only) 5EP

the remaining two points add 4 ranks to Acrobatics (bringing it to 12) and 1 rank to Dodge Focus (bringing DEF to 10)

I'll take the easy route on Icarus and change the one rank of Defensive Roll to a rank of Dodge Focus. That means he's now hitting the new tradeoffs.

For Hub, lower the rank of the Fatigue AP to 6. I sort of suspect that I'll hit PL 8 with him this month anyway (using the new totals), at which point it'll go back up to 7 again.

The defense is a little trickier. I'd like to make slightly larger changes there. Instead of the three ranks of Defensive Roll, I'd like to change it to 1 more rank of Reflex (+5 total), 1 rank of Equipment (Uniform: Protection 3, Subtle; Commlink: Dr. Atom), and Quick Change. These changes would go into effect after the current thread I started where I didn't have Quick Change. The uniform was obtained from the Atom Family, which is why it has the commlink to Dr. Atom built in.

Wesley Remix, take two

Drop the array down to 13 (-6)

Drop the Protection down to 5 (-4)

Drop the Base Will to 8 (-2)

Drop the Base Reflex to 8 (-2)

Add Enhanced Constitution 6 (+6)

Add Super-Senses 6 (Sense Life (mental; Detect, Free Action, Ranged, Accute, Accurate)) (+6)

Add Medicine 5 (+1.25)

Add Know (life sciences) 3 (+0.75)

Also, any word on Quark?

Okay, lets see if I can pull this off.

Malice's new trade off are: -2 Def/ +2 Tough, Melee Attacks -2 Atk/ +2 DC, Ranged attacks have no trade off

The New Mantle of Freedom:

The Mantle of Freedom - Device 17 (Hard to Lose) {85 spendable PP)

Communication 4 (radio) {4}

Enhanced Constitution 10 {10}

Flight 5 {10}

Immunity 9 (life support) {9}

Protection 6 (Extra: Impervious 8) {14}

Super Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing) {6}

Weapons Array 15 (PFs: 2 Alternate Powers) {32}

* BE: Enhanced Strength 24, Super-Strength 3 (effective Str 49) – Righteous Riot {30}

* AP: Blast 10 (Extra: Auto-fire) – The 2nd Amendment{1}

* AP: Blast 9 (Extras: Targeted Area-Burst, Selective Attack; Flaws: Distracting; PFs: Indirect x3) – Liberation Cannon {1}

Summation of Changes:

Protection 9 -> Protection 6 (3 points)

Weapons Array 18 (3 PF's) -> Weapons Array 15 (2 PF's) (7 points)

So lost 2 points in device, giving me 8 more points to mess with over all.

Then get rid of Dodge Focus (2), and Increase Defense Bonus to 8 (increasing from 5 to 8) [so +2 points, -6 points]

4 points left over, so I'll buy 16 ranks in skills divided as such:

Craft (mechanical) 8 (+13) - 8 ranks

Diplomacy 5 (+7) - 1 rank

Disable Device 5 (+10) - 1 rank

Knowledge (technology) 8 (+13) - 1 rank

Knowledge (civics) 5 (+10) - 1 rank

Knowledge (business) 5 (+10) - 1 rank

Medicine 3 (+4) - 3 ranks

These ranks just represent a greater understanding of technology and the board room, and rudimentary knowledge of how to patch one's own wounds.

So if my math is right, Malice still has outstanding point which he had before the rule changes.

For completeness:

Costs: Abilities (18) + Combat (32) + Saves (14) + Skills (18) + Feats (10) + Powers (68) - Drawbacks (04) = 156/157

For Velocity, I'll take a rank from Dodge Focus (from her normal feats) and keep that point unspent for the moment till I look things over more and rethink things based on the new spread before going up in PLs (which I think is a good move, and fits with the way the NPCs in the Freedom City sourcebook are written, particularly the heroes :))

For Belphegor:

* Reduce Demonic Attacks array from 7 to 6 (lowers Hellfire Control and Emotion Control to 6). This frees 2pp.

* Reduce Vulnerable Drawback to Vulnerable (holy attacks, +1 DC modifier; uncommon, minor, -1pp). This eats 1pp.

* With remaining 1 pp, add a new AP to his Demonic Attacks array: Create Object 1 (Extras: Independent, Total Fade [lasts for 2 rounds]; PFs: Precise, Slow Fade 7/1 day [objects fade after 2 days], Subtle)

Done

For Velocity, I'll take a rank from Dodge Focus (from her normal feats) and keep that point unspent for the moment till I look things over more and rethink things based on the new spread before going up in PLs (which I think is a good move, and fits with the way the NPCs in the Freedom City sourcebook are written, particularly the heroes :))

Done

For Hub, lower the rank of the Fatigue AP to 6. I sort of suspect that I'll hit PL 8 with him this month anyway (using the new totals), at which point it'll go back up to 7 again.

The defense is a little trickier. I'd like to make slightly larger changes there. Instead of the three ranks of Defensive Roll, I'd like to change it to 1 more rank of Reflex (+5 total), 1 rank of Equipment (Uniform: Protection 3, Subtle; Commlink: Dr. Atom), and Quick Change. These changes would go into effect after the current thread I started where I didn't have Quick Change. The uniform was obtained from the Atom Family, which is why it has the commlink to Dr. Atom built in.

If you're taking protection 3 instead of defensive roll 3 functionally, doesn't that leave his toughness save as the same?