The Midnight Society

Thevshi

"Hi there. Excessively bored." He offered his hand to her in a mock formal greeting. "Seriously, my friends call me Randy. You looked like you needed some rescuing over there. Well, maybe not rescuing . . . an exit strategy." Randy ran his fingers through his just-unkempt-enough-to-be-stylish-and-reflective-of-a-very-expensive-haircut hair. "So, I've alway managed to avoid this circus, but you look like an old pro. What do we do for fun? Anything? Or do we just have to wait it out . . . ike the flu?"

“Nice to meet you Randy.†Megan replied, her warm smile still in place. “Yeah, I have been to a number of events like this. As for fun things, that really depends on what you consider fun.â€Â

“There is a ballroom towards the back with dancing.†Megan then added.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hi there. Excessively bored." He offered his hand to her in a mock formal greeting. "Seriously, my friends call me Randy. You looked like you needed some rescuing over there. Well, maybe not rescuing . . . an exit strategy." Randy ran his fingers through his just-unkempt-enough-to-be-stylish-and-reflective-of-a-very-expensive-haircut hair. "So, I've alway managed to avoid this circus, but you look like an old pro. What do we do for fun? Anything? Or do we just have to wait it out . . . ike the flu?"

“Nice to meet you Randy.†Megan replied, her warm smile still in place. “Yeah, I have been to a number of events like this. As for fun things, that really depends on what you consider fun.â€Â

The woman in the black jacket leaves the valet to his own conclusion about whether or not she's being serious, and starts up the front steps with a walk that conveys both an attractiveness and a subtly terrifying charisma. At the door she is met by the greeter.

"Name?" he asks.

She flashes him a smile, revealing her long pointed canines. "Amelia Wisecraft."

The greeter checks over the list. "Wisecraft……Wisecraft :shock: *ghrk*" He freezes on the spot, the recognition of the name finally coming to him.

Amelia pats him on the cheek. " :twisted: Good boy." Then she pushes her way through the doors.

Inside is the combined world of Freedom City's money. Amelia scans the assembled people for any changes that might have taken place in the last 10 years. She notes the moving silver statue standing next to the Japanese man in a wheelchair. 'Hmmm, they changed the policy regarding superheroes?' She would have to check this out. But first, a drink.

The woman in the black jacket leaves the valet to his own conclusion about whether or not she's being serious, and starts up the front steps with a walk that conveys both an attractiveness and a subtly terrifying charisma. At the door she is met by the greeter.

"Name?" he asks.

She flashes him a smile, revealing her long pointed canines. "Amelia Wisecraft."

The greeter checks over the list. "Wisecraft……Wisecraft :shock: *ghrk*" He freezes on the spot, the recognition of the name finally coming to him.

Amelia pats him on the cheek. " :twisted: Good boy." Then she pushes her way through the doors.

Inside is the combined world of Freedom City's money. Amelia scans the assembled people for any changes that might have taken place in the last 10 years. She notes the moving silver statue standing next to the Japanese man in a wheelchair. 'Hmmm, they changed the policy regarding superheroes?' She would have to check this out. But first, a drink.

"Name?" he asks.

He reciprocates the various offered handshakes with a smile.

"I am quite pleased to meet each of you."

He pauses at the last question asked of him.

"Well, to my gratitude for having been so sent to it, the city remains a marvel to me, I think that I could spend many years here and there would still be wonders for it to reveal with each dawn."

"Well, to my gratitude for having been so sent to it, the city remains a marvel to me, I think that I could spend many years here and there would still be wonders for it to reveal with each dawn."

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam wades through the crowd as it ebbs and flows. There were times when his apparent distinct lack of interest formed a smile, and others when it formed a sneer. He needed something, and he couldn't see it yet. In reality, most of the people here would have done, but he wanted someone in particular. He found his way out into some kind of ballroom - people were milling about, trying to dance or flirt or both. Adam took a second to take it in - the cream of society stumbling over itself like dogs on heat. He looked vainly into the throbbing throng and couldn't see his mark. In the end he made his way to the drinks bar at the far end of the ballroom and took a moment, ordering himself a beer. He'll be around. Don't worry.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam wades through the crowd as it ebbs and flows. There were times when his apparent distinct lack of interest formed a smile, and others when it formed a sneer. He needed something, and he couldn't see it yet. In reality, most of the people here would have done, but he wanted someone in particular. He found his way out into some kind of ballroom - people were milling about, trying to dance or flirt or both. Adam took a second to take it in - the cream of society stumbling over itself like dogs on heat. He looked vainly into the throbbing throng and couldn't see his mark. In the end he made his way to the drinks bar at the far end of the ballroom and took a moment, ordering himself a beer. He'll be around. Don't worry.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Amelia approached the bar. The crowd around it still looked acceptably sober. She wasn't up to dealing with some drunk rich guy who thought money made him completely irrisistable, and it would be bad form for her to start a fight her "first" night here. And she needed something to drink.

"Beer. Big one."

The bartender placed a large glass mug before her. She snatched it up and drained it in one go. She replaced it with a thud.

"Another one."

Amelia approached the bar. The crowd around it still looked acceptably sober. She wasn't up to dealing with some drunk rich guy who thought money made him completely irrisistable, and it would be bad form for her to start a fight her "first" night here. And she needed something to drink.

"Beer. Big one."

The bartender placed a large glass mug before her. She snatched it up and drained it in one go. She replaced it with a thud.

"Another one."

"Beer. Big one."

"Another one."

"Dancing, hun? Sounds like that might not suck." He offered Megan his arm and began heading toward the dance floor. "So," he added as they walked, "What kind of dancing are we talking here . . . and are you any good?" His eyes twinkled jovially when he said it. "Because I wouldn't want to be seen dancing with a girl who couldn't hold her own. I've got a reputation to uphold, you know."

"Dancing, hun? Sounds like that might not suck." He offered Megan his arm and began heading toward the dance floor. "So," he added as they walked, "What kind of dancing are we talking here . . . and are you any good?" His eyes twinkled jovially when he said it. "Because I wouldn't want to be seen dancing with a girl who couldn't hold her own. I've got a reputation to uphold, you know."

Megan took Randy’s arm as they started towards the ballroom. “Ballroom mainly. But sometimes they have a DJ later in the evening. So maybe we’ll be lucky tonight.â€Â

She then grinned as he asked if she was any good at dancing. “I don’t think I would be captain of the cheerleading squad at my school if I wasn’t. If I were you, I’d worry more about being able to keep up.â€Â

Megan took Randy’s arm as they started towards the ballroom. “Ballroom mainly. But sometimes they have a DJ later in the evening. So maybe we’ll be lucky tonight.â€Â

She then grinned as he asked if she was any good at dancing. “I don’t think I would be captain of the cheerleading squad at my school if I wasn’t. If I were you, I’d worry more about being able to keep up.â€Â

"Ballroom cheerleading? Your school is definitely different that the one I went to."

Randy led Megan to the dance floor just as the orchestra was striking up again. He cocked his head and listened. "Hmmm, Strauss. Viennese Waltz? It'll do." Randy grabbed Megan by the hand and pulled her in close until their hips were touching. Still holding her right hand, he extended his left arm straight out to the side and scooped his other arm up under hers, lifting it up until their arms were parallel to the floor, the perfect form for the Viennese Waltz? "You can waltz, right?" he asked with a mischievous grin.

"Ballroom cheerleading? Your school is definitely different that the one I went to."

Randy led Megan to the dance floor just as the orchestra was striking up again. He cocked his head and listened. "Hmmm, Strauss. Viennese Waltz? It'll do." Randy grabbed Megan by the hand and pulled her in close until their hips were touching. Still holding her right hand, he extended his left arm straight out to the side and scooped his other arm up under hers, lifting it up until their arms were parallel to the floor, the perfect form for the Viennese Waltz? "You can waltz, right?" he asked with a mischievous grin.

“No silly, mainly ballroom dancing here, not at school. Our cheerleading squad is pretty much just like anywhere else, lots of songs with highly suggestive lyrics and dance routines that play off that.†Megan said with a smile.

Once they were on the dance floor, Megan let Randy pull her close as they prepared to dance. “Of course I can.†She replied with a grin “Had to take all sorts of dance lessons over the years.â€Â

“No silly, mainly ballroom dancing here, not at school. Our cheerleading squad is pretty much just like anywhere else, lots of songs with highly suggestive lyrics and dance routines that play off that.†Megan said with a smile.

Once they were on the dance floor, Megan let Randy pull her close as they prepared to dance. “Of course I can.†She replied with a grin “Had to take all sorts of dance lessons over the years.â€Â