The Midnight Society

Thevshi

With most of the guests having arrived the valets sit outside having a smoke. However soon they heard the roar of an engine coming closer with great ferocity. They look up just in time to see a sleek black Jaguar convertible hurtling toward them. Fortunately it screeches to a halt, and a lean look young woman in a black button-up jacket with red edging and similar black pants steps out. She thrusts the keys at one of the valets.

"Scratch it and you're dead."

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With most of the guests having arrived the valets sit outside having a smoke. However soon they heard the roar of an engine coming closer with great ferocity. They look up just in time to see a sleek black Jaguar convertible hurtling toward them. Fortunately it screeches to a halt, and a lean look young woman in a black button-up jacket with red edging and similar black pants steps out. She thrusts the keys at one of the valets.

"There's no need to be introduced, I think. We did some business recently- a subsidiary of yours provided the propellant

for our our M830A2 plasma-based HEAT rounds. Benjiro Fujisama, of Ares Macrotechnology. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. King."

"Oh, really? That was you? Good! I don't keep a close eye on things these days. I'm semi-retired." King was completely straight-faced when he said it, but no one who new anything about him would believe a word of it. King was notorious for his hands-on approach to running his business, while he kept up the facade of being distant. He always had eyes and ears on every aspect of his companies. He was always in the know, and he was always in control. "It's good to meet you then."

"Dr. Fujisama? May I cut in?" Richard smiles at the group, nodding to the well-known lawyer and his debutante daughter. "I was just telling Emissary how lucky we were to have such a respected scientist among our ranks at the party tonight. Have the two of you met?"

"Hello, Richard. I'm glad to see your better half could make it tonight. She a good bit easier on the eyes than you are. And smarter too, from what I've heard." King laughed, slapped Richard on he back, and gave Richard's date a little wink.

From across the room, Dr. Randolph Collins, Freedom City's most prominent physician, was making his way around the room, meeting and greeting the other members of the society. He thought his son, Randy, was in tow, but Randy had ditched his old man some time ago. The very handsome young college freshman was leaning against the bar, sipping on an ice water, and trying not to look bored. And then he spotted Meagan. He stared at her casually until he caught her attention . . . and then waved her over. He'd never met Meagan, a deficit that he wanted to quickly remedy.

"There's no need to be introduced, I think. We did some business recently- a subsidiary of yours provided the propellant

for our our M830A2 plasma-based HEAT rounds. Benjiro Fujisama, of Ares Macrotechnology. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. King."

"Oh, really? That was you? Good! I don't keep a close eye on things these days. I'm semi-retired." King was completely straight-faced when he said it, but no one who new anything about him would believe a word of it. King was notorious for his hands-on approach to running his business, while he kept up the facade of being distant. He always had eyes and ears on every aspect of his companies. He was always in the know, and he was always in control. "It's good to meet you then."

"Dr. Fujisama? May I cut in?" Richard smiles at the group, nodding to the well-known lawyer and his debutante daughter. "I was just telling Emissary how lucky we were to have such a respected scientist among our ranks at the party tonight. Have the two of you met?"

"Hello, Richard. I'm glad to see your better half could make it tonight. She a good bit easier on the eyes than you are. And smarter too, from what I've heard." King laughed, slapped Richard on he back, and gave Richard's date a little wink.

From across the room, Dr. Randolph Collins, Freedom City's most prominent physician, was making his way around the room, meeting and greeting the other members of the society. He thought his son, Randy, was in tow, but Randy had ditched his old man some time ago. The very handsome young college freshman was leaning against the bar, sipping on an ice water, and trying not to look bored. And then he spotted Meagan. He stared at her casually until he caught her attention . . . and then waved her over. He'd never met Meagan, a deficit that he wanted to quickly remedy.

"That's quite a schedule. Sounds like you're thinking about going into business law with that courseload?"

“Yeah, it is pretty busy, but as my mom would say, it helps keep me out of too much trouble.†Megan replied with a smile, glancing at her mom a brief moment as she spoke. She then focused back on Benjiro. “As for going into corporate law, or any law for that matter, I have not made any solid plans for that route just yet.â€Â

She did not have much more chance to talk with her father’s prominent client as they were interrupted by Richard O’Conner who had the familiar Emissary in tow with him. Megan just gave Richard a faint smile as he gave her little more than a nod. There was quite a crowd around Benjiro it seemed and sensing the conversations were likely to turn to boring talk of engineering and the like, the teenage girl decided it was time to move on.

She had not had to look far before she saw a young man looking at her from over near the bar. Megan met his gaze as he gave an inviting wave to try to get her to come over. A smile coming to her face, she headed over towards the bar. “Hi there.†She said as she came up beside him. “Megan Howell.â€Â

"That's quite a schedule. Sounds like you're thinking about going into business law with that courseload?"

“Yeah, it is pretty busy, but as my mom would say, it helps keep me out of too much trouble.†Megan replied with a smile, glancing at her mom a brief moment as she spoke. She then focused back on Benjiro. “As for going into corporate law, or any law for that matter, I have not made any solid plans for that route just yet.â€Â

She did not have much more chance to talk with her father’s prominent client as they were interrupted by Richard O’Conner who had the familiar Emissary in tow with him. Megan just gave Richard a faint smile as he gave her little more than a nod. There was quite a crowd around Benjiro it seemed and sensing the conversations were likely to turn to boring talk of engineering and the like, the teenage girl decided it was time to move on.

She had not had to look far before she saw a young man looking at her from over near the bar. Megan met his gaze as he gave an inviting wave to try to get her to come over. A smile coming to her face, she headed over towards the bar. “Hi there.†She said as she came up beside him. “Megan Howell.â€Â

Donald Howell gave Richard a slight smile at the nod and then turned to look at Emissary. As Richard had failed to provide any introductions, the prominent attorney choose to correct the mistake. “It is a pleasure to meet you Emissary.†He said, holding out his hand for the dignitary. “Donald Howell. And this is my wife Erin.†He indicated the lovely woman at his side.

Erin Howell gave Emissary a warm smile. “Very nice to meet you Emissary. How are you liking Freedom City?â€Â

Donald Howell gave Richard a slight smile at the nod and then turned to look at Emissary. As Richard had failed to provide any introductions, the prominent attorney choose to correct the mistake. “It is a pleasure to meet you Emissary.†He said, holding out his hand for the dignitary. “Donald Howell. And this is my wife Erin.†He indicated the lovely woman at his side.

Erin Howell gave Emissary a warm smile. “Very nice to meet you Emissary. How are you liking Freedom City?â€Â

Benjiro shakes King's hand, then turns to another new arrival.

"Please, call me Mister. The doctorates are honorary- all I ever really earned at the University of Tokyo was a bachelor's in mechanical engineering.

The Emissary, you say? I don't believe I have, though I'm familiar with your work helping out with the crime issues around here. Pleased to meet you."

Benjiro extends a hand for him to shake as well.

How does he keep from straining the floor underneath him? He looks like he'd weigh at least a ton.

Curiosity overcoming him, his eyes flicker down momentarily during the handshake, where he sees the Emissary's feet floating a smidge above the floor.

Ah.

As Megan leaves, he gives her a nod and a smile, then turns back to the developing conversation.

Quite an eclectic bunch we've got here.

"Please, call me Mister. The doctorates are honorary- all I ever really earned at the University of Tokyo was a bachelor's in mechanical engineering.

The Emissary, you say? I don't believe I have, though I'm familiar with your work helping out with the crime issues around here. Pleased to meet you."

How does he keep from straining the floor underneath him? He looks like he'd weigh at least a ton.

Curiosity overcoming him, his eyes flicker down momentarily during the handshake, where he sees the Emissary's feet floating a smidge above the floor.

Ah.

As Megan leaves, he gives her a nod and a smile, then turns back to the developing conversation.

Ah.

“Hi there.†She said as she came up beside him. “Megan Howell.â€Â

"Hi there. Excessively bored." He offered his hand to her in a mock formal greeting. "Seriously, my friends call me Randy. You looked like you needed some rescuing over there. Well, maybe not rescuing . . . an exit strategy." Randy ran his fingers through his just-unkempt-enough-to-be-stylish-and-reflective-of-a-very-expensive-haircut hair. "So, I've alway managed to avoid this circus, but you look like an old pro. What do we do for fun? Anything? Or do we just have to wait it out . . . like the flu?"

"Hi there. Excessively bored." He offered his hand to her in a mock formal greeting. "Seriously, my friends call me Randy. You looked like you needed some rescuing over there. Well, maybe not rescuing . . . an exit strategy." Randy ran his fingers through his just-unkempt-enough-to-be-stylish-and-reflective-of-a-very-expensive-haircut hair. "So, I've alway managed to avoid this circus, but you look like an old pro. What do we do for fun? Anything? Or do we just have to wait it out . . . like the flu?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Those standing out the front of the mansion crane their heads - it seems the night is purring? The sound grows until a rather sleek looking car pulls up in front of the mansion. The driver gets out and removes his sunglasses, which look strangely cheap compared to his suit, which is of the highest quality. He strides up to the front door, throwing his keys to the nearest man in whatever looks vaguely like a valet suit. The man at the door knows the driver by name - he's seen all of his films after all. It's Adam Kirk. He mumbles something to the actor who breezes past him and enters the mansion.

Adam raises an eye as he walks through the crowd. He's met most of the people here at one time or another and smiles as people greet him, but as usual he doesn't have time for idle chatter. He's here for something, and he scans the crowd looking for it.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Those standing out the front of the mansion crane their heads - it seems the night is purring? The sound grows until a rather sleek looking car pulls up in front of the mansion. The driver gets out and removes his sunglasses, which look strangely cheap compared to his suit, which is of the highest quality. He strides up to the front door, throwing his keys to the nearest man in whatever looks vaguely like a valet suit. The man at the door knows the driver by name - he's seen all of his films after all. It's Adam Kirk. He mumbles something to the actor who breezes past him and enters the mansion.

Adam raises an eye as he walks through the crowd. He's met most of the people here at one time or another and smiles as people greet him, but as usual he doesn't have time for idle chatter. He's here for something, and he scans the crowd looking for it.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

"Hi there. Excessively bored." He offered his hand to her in a mock formal greeting. "Seriously, my friends call me Randy. You looked like you needed some rescuing over there. Well, maybe not rescuing . . . an exit strategy." Randy ran his fingers through his just-unkempt-enough-to-be-stylish-and-reflective-of-a-very-expensive-haircut hair. "So, I've alway managed to avoid this circus, but you look like an old pro. What do we do for fun? Anything? Or do we just have to wait it out . . . ike the flu?"

“Nice to meet you Randy.†Megan replied, her warm smile still in place. “Yeah, I have been to a number of events like this. As for fun things, that really depends on what you consider fun.â€Â

“There is a ballroom towards the back with dancing.†Megan then added.