The Midnight Society

Thevshi

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

It's safe to say that Adam was feeling pretty good by this point - he'd done what he'd come here to do, met some interesting people in the process and had enough alcohol to make him calm down, but not too much to dull his wits. Safe to say, he hadn't felt this good in a long time. He turned back to the bar and placed his empty glass in view of the bartender, but waved away the offer for a refill. His eyes scanned the room, looking for nothing in particular, but they happened upon something very particular. A young blonde, drinking at the bar looking a little bored. Adam considered for a moment, tossing up in his mind just what he wanted from the evening. You know what? I nothing. Right now I don't need anything. That said, a little conversation is always a good thing. And with that thought on his mind, he scooted his way up the bar and introduced himself to the young lady, "Hi, my name's Adam - do you mind if I sit with you?"

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

It's safe to say that Adam was feeling pretty good by this point - he'd done what he'd come here to do, met some interesting people in the process and had enough alcohol to make him calm down, but not too much to dull his wits. Safe to say, he hadn't felt this good in a long time. He turned back to the bar and placed his empty glass in view of the bartender, but waved away the offer for a refill. His eyes scanned the room, looking for nothing in particular, but they happened upon something very particular. A young blonde, drinking at the bar looking a little bored. Adam considered for a moment, tossing up in his mind just what he wanted from the evening. You know what? I nothing. Right now I don't need anything. That said, a little conversation is always a good thing. And with that thought on his mind, he scooted his way up the bar and introduced himself to the young lady, "Hi, my name's Adam - do you mind if I sit with you?"

Megan was considering whether she should start looking to catch up with her parents, or go see what other young men might be around tonight when a very famous someone came over near her at the bar. She gave him a warm smile as he introduced himself, as if he really needed to do that. “Hello Adam, I’m Megan. And I don’t mind at all.â€Â

Megan was considering whether she should start looking to catch up with her parents, or go see what other young men might be around tonight when a very famous someone came over near her at the bar. She gave him a warm smile as he introduced himself, as if he really needed to do that. “Hello Adam, I’m Megan. And I don’t mind at all.â€Â

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam smiled and took the seat, keeping his eyes on her, "Hello Megan. Lovely to meet you." He now glances back around the room, "So what crime did you commit to get yourself sentenced to this party?" In his mind the sentecne continued to include "Stole a man's heart?" but he stopped himself. He may have said that in the old days - in fact he certainly would have - but not anymore. No, he was turning over a new leaf - he turned back at the lovely young lady sitting next to him - well, trying to turn over a new leaf, anyway.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam smiled and took the seat, keeping his eyes on her, "Hello Megan. Lovely to meet you." He now glances back around the room, "So what crime did you commit to get yourself sentenced to this party?" In his mind the sentecne continued to include "Stole a man's heart?" but he stopped himself. He may have said that in the old days - in fact he certainly would have - but not anymore. No, he was turning over a new leaf - he turned back at the lovely young lady sitting next to him - well, trying to turn over a new leaf, anyway.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

“Crime?†Megan asked with a smile. “No crime, other than having a father who is one of the top corporate attorneys in the city, so there are often little gatherings like this I get dragged along to.â€Â

â€ÂWhat brings you here tonight?†She then asked. “I would think this would be a bit tame to a Hollywood party.â€Â

“Crime?†Megan asked with a smile. “No crime, other than having a father who is one of the top corporate attorneys in the city, so there are often little gatherings like this I get dragged along to.â€Â

â€ÂWhat brings you here tonight?†She then asked. “I would think this would be a bit tame to a Hollywood party.â€Â

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam looks genuinely surprised and thoughtful for a moment, "Hollywood parties? Not fun - too much self importance, not enough substance. They get old quickly. No, here's where the real drama is." He directs Megan's attention to an older stateswoman in the crowd, "See her? Looks like a quaint old lady." He shakes his head, "Nope. I don't know if your dad has introduced you to her, but her name is Abegail Waterhouse - if half of what I've heard she's done to get where she is is true, well, lets just say that she'd never be short of stories for the grandkids." He gestures to another well dressed person in the crowd, this time a tall, thin man, "That's Benjamin Heartly - oil millionaire. If I've got my information right he's here looking to secure a deal that'll buy him half of Texas. Problem is, he's undercutting Mr. Bartlett, the man he's currently sharing a drink with but who doesn't know he's about to lose the deal he needs to stay in the game." Adam nods his head, "These old fogies may not look like much, but there's things they know - things they've been a part of - which make them much more intriguing subjects that some blonde starlet." He stops, quickly remembering that Megan herself is blonde, "No offence, of course." The speech he's just given is something it seems like he's given thought to, and it seems like he could pull out a million other examples right now of people he feels have a rotten core - his self-surety shows at least that much. He shakes his head, "But enough about them," and leans back against the bar, "what do you do?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam looks genuinely surprised and thoughtful for a moment, "Hollywood parties? Not fun - too much self importance, not enough substance. They get old quickly. No, here's where the real drama is." He directs Megan's attention to an older stateswoman in the crowd, "See her? Looks like a quaint old lady." He shakes his head, "Nope. I don't know if your dad has introduced you to her, but her name is Abegail Waterhouse - if half of what I've heard she's done to get where she is is true, well, lets just say that she'd never be short of stories for the grandkids." He gestures to another well dressed person in the crowd, this time a tall, thin man, "That's Benjamin Heartly - oil millionaire. If I've got my information right he's here looking to secure a deal that'll buy him half of Texas. Problem is, he's undercutting Mr. Bartlett, the man he's currently sharing a drink with but who doesn't know he's about to lose the deal he needs to stay in the game." Adam nods his head, "These old fogies may not look like much, but there's things they know - things they've been a part of - which make them much more intriguing subjects that some blonde starlet." He stops, quickly remembering that Megan herself is blonde, "No offence, of course." The speech he's just given is something it seems like he's given thought to, and it seems like he could pull out a million other examples right now of people he feels have a rotten core - his self-surety shows at least that much. He shakes his head, "But enough about them," and leans back against the bar, "what do you do?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Megan looked around as Adam pointed out people, though she already knew most of them, after all, she had been part of this world all her life, though more actively in the last few years. “I suppose the old saying ‘the grass is greener on the other side’ holds true no matter what.†She said with a wide smile.

When he asked what she did, she simply smiled again. “Me? I’m just an Honors student at North Bay Academy.â€Â

Megan looked around as Adam pointed out people, though she already knew most of them, after all, she had been part of this world all her life, though more actively in the last few years. “I suppose the old saying ‘the grass is greener on the other side’ holds true no matter what.†She said with a wide smile.

When he asked what she did, she simply smiled again. “Me? I’m just an Honors student at North Bay Academy.â€Â