The Midnight Society

Thevshi

"Ballroom cheerleading? Your school is definitely different that the one I went to."

“No silly, mainly ballroom dancing here, not at school. Our cheerleading squad is pretty much just like anywhere else, lots of songs with highly suggestive lyrics and dance routines that play off that.†Megan said with a smile.

Randy led Megan to the dance floor just as the orchestra was striking up again. He cocked his head and listened. "Hmmm, Strauss. Viennese Waltz? It'll do." Randy grabbed Megan by the hand and pulled her in close until their hips were touching. Still holding her right hand, he extended his left arm straight out to the side and scooped his other arm up under hers, lifting it up until their arms were parallel to the floor, the perfect form for the Viennese Waltz? "You can waltz, right?" he asked with a mischievous grin.

Once they were on the dance floor, Megan let Randy pull her close as they prepared to dance. “Of course I can.†She replied with a grin “Had to take all sorts of dance lessons over the years.â€Â

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam down the last few mouthfulls of his beer at once, slamming the glass back onto the bar. He ran his fingers through his hair and scanned the room again. He'll be here... somewhere. Isn't he always at these things? He turns back to the bar attendant, but waves away an offer of a refil. Instead he smiles across at him, "Ever had one of those days?" He mumbles something to himself for a moment before continuing, "Seems like I'm having one of those months."

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam down the last few mouthfulls of his beer at once, slamming the glass back onto the bar. He ran his fingers through his hair and scanned the room again. He'll be here... somewhere. Isn't he always at these things? He turns back to the bar attendant, but waves away an offer of a refil. Instead he smiles across at him, "Ever had one of those days?" He mumbles something to himself for a moment before continuing, "Seems like I'm having one of those months."

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Amelia finally slammed down her tenth mug of beer, already getting some stares from the assembled snobs. She figured 10 was enough to get a good amount of liquid inside her. It was really the heights that this place had to get dry in addition to getting cold.

Sliding off her seat she twisted her body until she heard all the right cracks. She used the moment to evaluate the talking groups, attempting to figure out which one held the most important people to build a relationship with. She often wondered why she bothered with this charade when she only came to this dimension for the hunting, but perhaps she enjoyed silently laughing in the faces of those who thought themselves important just because they had "things".

Amelia finally slammed down her tenth mug of beer, already getting some stares from the assembled snobs. She figured 10 was enough to get a good amount of liquid inside her. It was really the heights that this place had to get dry in addition to getting cold.

Sliding off her seat she twisted her body until she heard all the right cracks. She used the moment to evaluate the talking groups, attempting to figure out which one held the most important people to build a relationship with. She often wondered why she bothered with this charade when she only came to this dimension for the hunting, but perhaps she enjoyed silently laughing in the faces of those who thought themselves important just because they had "things".

Once they were on the dance floor, Megan let Randy pull her close as they prepared to dance. “Of course I can.†She replied with a grin “Had to take all sorts of dance lessons over the years.â€Â

"Lessons, huh? We'll see if they were worth the money your parent's spent." With that, Randy began the sweeping, fluid dance of the Viennese Waltz. He led them both expertly across the dance floor around the other dancers. He spun them into a reverse turn and paused for a moment. "My folks made me take dance lessons too . . . as a punishment for getting expelled from school. I wanted to take Karate or something. I tried to argue that it would teach me discipline. They didn't buy it. Anyway, my dance teacher was hot, so I didn't mind." Randy launched them both forward again back into the pattern of the waltz.

"Lessons, huh? We'll see if they were worth the money your parent's spent." With that, Randy began the sweeping, fluid dance of the Viennese Waltz. He led them both expertly across the dance floor around the other dancers. He spun them into a reverse turn and paused for a moment. "My folks made me take dance lessons too . . . as a punishment for getting expelled from school. I wanted to take Karate or something. I tried to argue that it would teach me discipline. They didn't buy it. Anyway, my dance teacher was hot, so I didn't mind." Randy launched them both forward again back into the pattern of the waltz.

"Lessons, huh? We'll see if they were worth the money your parent's spent."

“Oh, I am sure it was.†Megan replied as she easily followed along with Randy as they walzed around the dance floor.

"My folks made me take dance lessons too . . . as a punishment for getting expelled from school. "

“Expelled? You sound like you might be a bad influence. Should I be careful around you?†Megan asked with a slight grin, raising one eyebrow.

“Oh, I am sure it was.†Megan replied as she easily followed along with Randy as they walzed around the dance floor.

"My folks made me take dance lessons too . . . as a punishment for getting expelled from school. "

“Expelled? You sound like you might be a bad influence. Should I be careful around you?†Megan asked with a slight grin, raising one eyebrow.

"I am most definitely a bad influence, but that's no reason to be careful." Randy gave Megan a coy little wink before leading her through the final circuit of the dance. He ended with the both of them in the middle of the dance floor, and with a great deal of style, Randy dipped Megan low to the floor in dramatic fashion. He paused, hovering over her, just long enough to get a good look at her prone. With another wink he righted her again. "You really can dance; I'm impressed. Can I get us something to drink?"

"I am most definitely a bad influence, but that's no reason to be careful." Randy gave Megan a coy little wink before leading her through the final circuit of the dance. He ended with the both of them in the middle of the dance floor, and with a great deal of style, Randy dipped Megan low to the floor in dramatic fashion. He paused, hovering over her, just long enough to get a good look at her prone. With another wink he righted her again. "You really can dance; I'm impressed. Can I get us something to drink?"

Megan lay back as Randy dipped her and held her still for a few moments. Then when he stood them back up she smiled. “Thank you, you were excellent as well.†She replied to his compliment about her dancing.

“Sure, I’d love something to drink.†She then added.

Megan lay back as Randy dipped her and held her still for a few moments. Then when he stood them back up she smiled. “Thank you, you were excellent as well.†She replied to his compliment about her dancing.

Lucy finally made her way back to her grandfather. She had been at the bar for several minutes deftly convincing the bartender that the Coke was for her and the Jack Daniels was for her grandfather. As soon as she was out of his sight, she mixed the two together, stuck the empty whiskey glass in a planter, and then spent the next 5 minutes milling about while downing the booze.

There is nothing going on here. I should just go.

She didn't dare stand her grandfather up. Not at a place like this. Lucy was stuck.

Oh well, better make the best of it.

She downed the last of the Jack and Coke and then walked back through the crowd to grandpa's side to get a feel for how much longer they were going to be. As soon as she reached him, she was back to being the picture of granddaughterly perfection. "Hey, grandpa. What did I miss?"

Lucy finally made her way back to her grandfather. She had been at the bar for several minutes deftly convincing the bartender that the Coke was for her and the Jack Daniels was for her grandfather. As soon as she was out of his sight, she mixed the two together, stuck the empty whiskey glass in a planter, and then spent the next 5 minutes milling about while downing the booze.

She didn't dare stand her grandfather up. Not at a place like this. Lucy was stuck.

She downed the last of the Jack and Coke and then walked back through the crowd to grandpa's side to get a feel for how much longer they were going to be. As soon as she reached him, she was back to being the picture of granddaughterly perfection. "Hey, grandpa. What did I miss?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam drained his third beer, gently placing it back on the table whilst exhaling unnessesarily dramatically. Once again, he ran his hands through his hair and looked absently up and down the bar. He almost fell of his seat when he saw the young brunette talking rather pointedly to the bartender; not because of what she looked like (though she wasn't unpleasing to the eye), but because of who she was. King's granddaughter. He got off of his stool and began to push his way into the crowd, but before he could reach her he was accosted by Mary Anderson, a lower rung socialite who sinks a lot of her money into community theatre. Terrible, terrible performances of much over done plays and musicals - Adam despised her, and she loved Adam. She smiled and Adam visibly recoiled at the sight of too red lipstick on too yellow teeth; Mary didn't seem to notice, "So, Adam, when are you coming to do Hamlet with us? I told you, I'm not going to do it until you're ready, I think you would just be darling as the troubled hero, don't you?"

"I appreciate you offer Mrs. Anderson but, unfortunately..."

"I understand that you're tittering your life away with those movie stars, but all the trouble you're having with your latest movie..." Adam stiffened up. He didn't like that she knew about his current dilemma. In any case, she didn't stay on the subject "...and theatre is where the real actors belong, and you know how I feel about your... acting. And how many times have I told you to call me Mary?" Adam was made more than a little uncomfortable with Mrs. Anderson's now close proximity to him. A gap that seemed to be lessening every moment he remained. He glanced over toward Lucy only to see her succeed in obtaining her drinks and dissappear into the throng. "Please, Mrs. Anderson, I really have to go..."

"Nonsense, my dear, you really must come over to mine sometime so that we can run scenes." More yellow and red in her massive, cheshire like grin. It was now that Mrs. Anderson was close enough to Adam that he could smell her breath that he made the connection between the empty glass in her hand and the, not unusually sordid but unusually blatant, passes she was making at him. Adam put his hands on her shoulders, trying to ease her off as gently as possible. He glanced to the side, looking for a way out, straight into the eyes of Mr. Anderson, the mining magnate. He didn't look happy. "Perhaps, Mrs. Anderson, you should go and keep your husband company." Mary glanced over at her husband and grimaced before turning back to Adam, "Ok hon, but don't you go far." She brushed his cheek with her finger before sauntering off toward her significant other "What!?"

Adam took the opportunty to make his way into the crowd. Bodies were moving all about him, and he did his best to push through them. He caught glimpses of Lucy behind heads and shoulders and bodies. One moment he thought he was on her, but then she was gone. He threw his head around, hoping to catch sight of her again, but she was gone. He stumbled, having been pushed by someone walking past, but slumped in frustration. He turned, ready to head toward the door, but only just managed to stop himself before ploughing into the expansive back of the man he came here to see - Hieronymus King. Straightening up, Adam cleared his throad and cleared his head - he was the personification of ease once again. Strutting around to King's side and greeting the man with a smile that could melt stone, "Good evening Mr. King - ever felt like going into the movie business?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam drained his third beer, gently placing it back on the table whilst exhaling unnessesarily dramatically. Once again, he ran his hands through his hair and looked absently up and down the bar. He almost fell of his seat when he saw the young brunette talking rather pointedly to the bartender; not because of what she looked like (though she wasn't unpleasing to the eye), but because of who she was. King's granddaughter. He got off of his stool and began to push his way into the crowd, but before he could reach her he was accosted by Mary Anderson, a lower rung socialite who sinks a lot of her money into community theatre. Terrible, terrible performances of much over done plays and musicals - Adam despised her, and she loved Adam. She smiled and Adam visibly recoiled at the sight of too red lipstick on too yellow teeth; Mary didn't seem to notice, "So, Adam, when are you coming to do Hamlet with us? I told you, I'm not going to do it until you're ready, I think you would just be darling as the troubled hero, don't you?"

"I understand that you're tittering your life away with those movie stars, but all the trouble you're having with your latest movie..." Adam stiffened up. He didn't like that she knew about his current dilemma. In any case, she didn't stay on the subject "...and theatre is where the real actors belong, and you know how I feel about your... acting. And how many times have I told you to call me Mary?" Adam was made more than a little uncomfortable with Mrs. Anderson's now close proximity to him. A gap that seemed to be lessening every moment he remained. He glanced over toward Lucy only to see her succeed in obtaining her drinks and dissappear into the throng. "Please, Mrs. Anderson, I really have to go..."

"Nonsense, my dear, you really must come over to mine sometime so that we can run scenes." More yellow and red in her massive, cheshire like grin. It was now that Mrs. Anderson was close enough to Adam that he could smell her breath that he made the connection between the empty glass in her hand and the, not unusually sordid but unusually blatant, passes she was making at him. Adam put his hands on her shoulders, trying to ease her off as gently as possible. He glanced to the side, looking for a way out, straight into the eyes of Mr. Anderson, the mining magnate. He didn't look happy. "Perhaps, Mrs. Anderson, you should go and keep your husband company." Mary glanced over at her husband and grimaced before turning back to Adam, "Ok hon, but don't you go far." She brushed his cheek with her finger before sauntering off toward her significant other "What!?"

Adam took the opportunty to make his way into the crowd. Bodies were moving all about him, and he did his best to push through them. He caught glimpses of Lucy behind heads and shoulders and bodies. One moment he thought he was on her, but then she was gone. He threw his head around, hoping to catch sight of her again, but she was gone. He stumbled, having been pushed by someone walking past, but slumped in frustration. He turned, ready to head toward the door, but only just managed to stop himself before ploughing into the expansive back of the man he came here to see - Hieronymus King. Straightening up, Adam cleared his throad and cleared his head - he was the personification of ease once again. Strutting around to King's side and greeting the man with a smile that could melt stone, "Good evening Mr. King - ever felt like going into the movie business?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg