A Night on the Tiles

Arrowhawk ran towards the building, cloak streaming out behind him as he leapt and fired the grappling gun above the window the screams seemed to be coming from. He zipped up and swung in with practiced ease, rolling as he landed in the smoky room. Flames were spreading across the walls and carpet in blazing trails, so he quickly ran and broke through into the hallway, following the screams.

Kicking open a second door, he found a woman and child trying to force open a jammed door, possibly leading out to the fire escape. The lock must have melted or something. "Come with me," shouted Arrowhawk, "Now!" He grabbed the child and ran with the mother following. Damn. The flames had spread dangerously close to the window. "Lullaby, get the kid!" he shouted, holding the child out for her to grab. I don't know if we can do this quickly enough...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lullaby zoomed up to the window as Arrowhawk held a child out, extending a hand. She opened her mouth and started to sing a Lullaby, twinkle twinkle little star. She hoped her voice can cause the child to be enchanted by it, and keeps it focus on her, and not the fire. The issue was, Arrowhawk heard the singing.

"Come on dear, come to miss Gabby" she cooed.

"Hold on!" Arrowhawk called, the smoke beginning to affect him despite his rebreather. "Ma'am, I need you to help me in getting you out to my friend." He gave her a leg up and held her hand as she leaned out of the window waiting for rescue. "Lullaby, it's getting really hot in here!" Flames were getting dangerously close to his legs. Damn, this is not going to end well for me, is it?

Suddenly, Lullaby popped into view in front of Arrowhawk. She smiled as she stroked his face.

"What your seeing is when my soul expresses itself as music. I'm here in spirit only, but you should know I am here and I support you" Lullaby giggled. She stood in a flame to prove her point.

"Time to save the others" She smiled.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...