A Night on the Tiles

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"1933 years is a long time... what did the item you were bound to do for all that time? Languish in a box? And now we've got an ancient Amazonian singing in bars and clubs rather than in legends..." He let out a small chuckle. "Well, the lack of surprise on my part really shows off my age, doesn't it?"

"Hey, intensive training is the way to go. World-class superheroes like The Raven and Bowman are able to hang with people like Lady Liberty and Captain Thunder simply due to having practiced and practiced until they are stupidly well-trained. Like they say, practice makes perfect."

"Not to go off on a rant, that's actually one of my pet peeves. Nothing is stopping most superpowered heroes from being as highly trained and skilledas the non-powered ones, but very few of them are. They shouldn't rely so heavily on their powers."

Lullaby smiled.

"She remembers a little. Like what she has done, as she does it willingly and freely. I, however, filter out information she does not, or should not, know. I couldn't tell her the connection to me, she'd distrust me! Seeing as I'm the only reason why she is actually around, I will fear for her life" Lullaby admitted.

Lullaby frowns as she lowers a voice and leans closer.

"Between you and me" she whispered, "This place is only safe if you wear a cape and a body spandex suit. Seeing as I look like a young, albeit beautiful, girl, I'm regularly harassed by people. Some even try adopt me. Of course, a roundhouse to the face with heels on usually persuades them to leave me alone.

Lullaby then leans back and takes a few sips.

"Are you going to try and make love to me?" She giggles, teasingly.

Arrowhawk smiled nervously. "I doubt you're my type."

"And that all depends on what areas you stay in. My regular haunts I think you'd be correct, but if you take into account the whole city, I'd say you're mostly wrong. I've seen the scum of the Earth long enough to tell this city is fairly safe."

"Well, then, this'll be a bit more interesting," grinned Arrowhawk, quickly firing the grappling hook at a nearby lamp-post and feeling himself tugged into the air by the zip-wire, unattaching it and free-falling for a brief moment before firing at the next lamp-post and pulling himself around in a wide arc through mid-air . As he took off down the road, he shouted, "Not how I usually patrol, but let's make it a bit more fun, eh?"

"Well, assuming neither of us have water control powers, we help the fire fighters out. They may need help getting people out of the building or keeping the crowd away from the blaze." As they neared the fire, it became evident that it was some sort of apartment building, the flames licking around the outside of the building as the fire brigade struggled against it.

"Drop me here," said Arrowhawk, letting go and rolling on the ground. "I think I hear screams from upstairs. You want to check it out or shall I?"

"I could go in the window, and pass people to you so you can fly them to the ground safely," said Arrowhawk, pulling a rebreather from his belt and affixing it to his face under his domino mask, flicking the red lens into place to protect his eyes. "Didn't you say you could heal people too?" he asks, a little muffled this time.