A Night on the Tiles

The Theatre District, mused Arrowhawk as he made his way over the rooftops towards his destination. Not my usual scene, but a change of scenery is supposedly good for you. The dark-clad archer finally arrived at the club he'd been directed to, swinging from the opposite rooftop towards a lamp-post, before completing his descent by leaping to the floor. Passers-by were shocked by his sudden appearance, but his garb was normal for the city. What's another cape, after all?

He walked in and up the barl, producing a photograph from his pocket. A brief conversation with a couple of the bar staff revealed that, no, the drug dealer didn't frequent this particular club. Well, that was a bit of a wasted journey, thought Arrowhawk, deciding it was too late to bother making the return journey. Instead, he bought a large whisky and decided to watch the stage.

A young women was singing up there. Not his type of music, but it still sounded really good. He listened through the whole set, clapping at the end.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lullaby frowned as she tried to sing without her dress one. It was ok, but not good.

"People! People! Time for some real music" She stuttered nervously. She smiled as she walked off stage and returned with a hold all bag. She dropped it to the floor with a clutter. She drew out six inch stilettos that seemed ridiculous when being worn by a teen! Needless, she slipped them on.

Then, something weird happened...

Her heels emitted some kind of black liquid that enveloped her body, slowly but surely. She smiled as it enveloped her face. People could see the black form of the singer changing and altering. She grew taller, her hair grew longer. Her curves became more defined and her breasts inflated a bit. Then a poof of smoke...

There stood a beautiful girl in an odd costume. She wore a white shirt with a black dinner jacket over it. She also wore black shiny latex undergarments, and fishnets all the way down to her heels. She had a magicians hat on her head. Her lips were full, her lashes long and her cheeks pouting.

The girl giggled and grabbed the microphone on the floor.

"Hello Everybody! Y'all having a good time?" She yelled down the mic, expecting not many replies, which is what she got. She straightened her mic, opened her mouth, and sang.

The song itself was smooth Pop. It had everything, a drum beat, electric guitars, and beautiful singing!

The lyrics went like this.

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

I can hear you

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

Far beyond the hazy borders of my heart

I could see a place that's something like this

Every now and then I don't know what to do

Still I know that I can never go back

But the things I've seen in those hazy dreams

Can't compare to what I'm seeing now

Everything's so different

That it brings me to my knees

And though I know the world of real emotion has surrounded me

I won't give in to it

Now I know that forward is the only way my heart can go

I hear your voice calling out to me:

"You'll never be alone"

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

I can hear you

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

I don't plan on looking back on my old life

I don't ever plan to rely on you

Even if by chance everything should go wrong

You'd come anyway and try to save me

Though from time to time it's an upward climb

All I know is that I must believe

'Cause the truth I'm seeking

Always was inside of me

And when I find the world of real emotion has surrounded me

The many things that you taught me then

Will always be enough to get me through the pain

Because of you I am strong enough to know I'm not alone

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

I can hear you

And if I find the real world of emotion has surrounded me

And I can't go on

You are there the moment that I close my eyes to comfort me

We are connected for all of time

I'll never be...

And though I know the world of real emotion has surrounded me

I won't give in to it

Now I know that forward is the only way my heart can go

I hear your voice calling out to me:

"You'll never be alone"

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

I can hear you

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

What can I do for you?

I can hear you

I can hear you

OOC: Activating my Emotion control: Love.

"Leaving so soon?" A voice whispered into his head. If Arrowhawk look around, he would see Lullaby on the stage, staring at him.

"Come, speak to me in my dressing room. I don't bite, honestly" the voice whispered. Lullaby giggled and waved gently at Arrowhawk.

"Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen! It was fun! Now, if you excuse me, i need to grab a drink. I'll be back in 15 minutes!" She giggled, curtsying low and turning to her left. She exited the stage. She smiled as the whispering voice gave Arrow directions to her dressing room.

Not often you find a telepathic singer, let alone one inviting me to their dressing room, thought Arrowhawk without bothering to try to conceal it. He slipped into the shadows around the wall, moving unseen to most in the room. He knocked on the dressing room door, before cautiously opening it.

The beautiful super singer opened the door and beckoned Arrowhawk in, closing the door behind him. She turned to her mirror and started applying death black lipstick onto her lips.

"Your a super hero, aren't you?" The singer asked. She giggled.

"You wouldn't be interested into a duet, would you?"

The singer smiles as she stands up and offers a slim hand, in a white glove, to Arrowhawk.

"My name is Lullaby. My real name is Gabriellor, but that isn't the name of my poor, innocent, tatty friend. Poor girl, only thing keeping her alive is my essence" Gabriellor smiled. She giggles as she smooched her lips together.

"I must say, your the only person who has resisted my allure. I am impressed" Gabriellor remarked.

"So, do you enjoy the whole adventurer spiel? I've become slightly attracted to it, but I fear i won't be very good at kicking ass."

"I've been doing this for a long time, I don't know if I enjoy it or not anymore. I do it, just like how the sky is blue and the grass is green." He met her gaze directly. "I can't really comment on superheroics when superpowers are involved, but in my experience few people wake up and decide to go be a superhero."

Lullaby smiled as she sat down and gulped down a glass of water.

"Poor girl. You know, the one who was on stage before I took over. She deserves a lot more. She's in rags, I hate that" Gabriellor replied, smiling. She took out a small necklace and bore it around her neck.

"If I could, I would sing her to fame and fortune. Poor girl, singing alone isn't enough, especially since she isn't getting the fame for this" Gabrellior continued. She pulled out a Dollar coin and flipped it to Arrowhawk.

"Thanks for your time. If you want a friend, I'm all up for it. If you don't, you can leave" She added, ruffling her hair with a perfectly manicured hand.

"Give it time, you're still young. You've got a long time to find fame and fortune yet." He watched the dollar fall to the ground, not even flinching as it flew at him. "I could use a friend." He pondred for a second. "I'll leave you to finish your act, maybe speak to you after you finish."

He quietly leaves the room to head back to his seat.

They day proceeded smoothly, with the Audience gasping at Lullabies singing, although her phsyique is also a reason to gape at.

The curtain closes for the last time of the night.

"You want a friend, you've got one" says a whispering voice in Arrowhawks head, which he can confirm as Lullabies.

"We should go have a tea in a cafe, meet me outside my dressing room."

With that, Lullaby was gone.

Lullaby emerged, wearing a coat over her dancing dress, a smile on her face. She wore black leather gloves up to her elbows.

"How nice. I know a coffee shop down the road, been going there for breaks this past week" Lullaby smiled, gestruring down the road.

"We can have a drink there, if you don't mind."

Lullaby smiled as she opened the door to the shop, beckoning in the man.

"Me? Erm, about 2,000 years" Gabriellor giggled.

"My Other form, the proper one, has only recently started. She needs proper clothes, and she needs to be told the truth as well" Gabriellor smiled. She ordered two coffees and dropped some money on the counter, before bringing them over.

"Fair enough," he nodded, before smiling at the next question. "A lot of them, yeah." After a moment's thought, he picks one.

"A few years ago, I ended up in Belfast chasing a drugs shipment. I was going round the place, trying to get information. Didn't find any, until I met a bloke calling himself Rhymer. If you know anything about the magic community, you'll have heard of the man, simply terrifies any mage you mention his name to, but at the time I was clueless. So he says to me 'I'll lead you to these guys if you help me out with a canine problem I'm having.' Fair enough, the guy's looking into a dog-fighting ring. He leads me to this warehouse full of men, and then hands me silver-tipped arrows. That shouldv'e tipped me off, but nooo, I drop from the rafters into the middle of a pack of werewolves. If he hadn't given me the arrows or they hadn't been in the process of transforming, I'd've been mauled to death quickly. As it was, I barely got out alive." He takes a sip of coffee, before continuing.

"So I leave the warehouse, shouting for this Rhymer. Well, shouting at him, but he'd gone and buggered off, leaving me with a warehouse full of half-naked guys who'd reverted back from wolf form. Out of curiosity, I open the crates... to find my drugs shipment." He smiled at the memory. "Damn that Thomas Rhymer, I found out a lot about him the weeks after that. Barely anyone outside the magical community knows who he is, but he's saved our ass more times than the Master Mage, arsehole he may be."

Lullaby smiled as she leaned back.

"It was 1950 years ago. I was defending my Amazonian sisters. Only me, and my sisters Lune, Casse and Dasiel stood by as nobody else was used to the rigours of combat. I was charged with protecting the Princess of the Amazons, who wanted to fight as well. I wasn't a combatant like my sisters, and even though I was older than the princess, she could outfight me. So I let the music of the Gods heal my companions as they slaughtered many barbarians. Lune was a magician of beauty, and her looks could destroy the soul of the barbarians. Casse was a strange Amazon, she was blessed by the Gods with wings and barbs she could shoot out of her hands. Dasiel was a warrior of us. She had a double bladed sword and could use it like the Gods. I sung, my voice empowered with the love of the Amazons to cure any injuries my sisters took. The princess had duel metal claws blessed by us four and was flexible like she was liquid."

"We fought and we slew, the princess herself taking out the leader. It was a day of rejoice... and a day of sorrow" Lullaby sighed.

"We angered the beings deity, who sent his champion down to slay us. Thanks to the noble sacrifice, the champion was defeated. However, we were bound in four separate items, only capable of being worn by the princess. That kinda indicates the importance of the girl wearing the suit" Lullaby giggled.