Leviathan

Warr

This thread will chronicle the Adventures of Warren McCue, the young man who will eventually take up the moniker 'Leviathan' . This first post is primarily here for the sake of organization and quick access to the meat which will follow. It features a table of contents, which will link all of my following posts with their title, posting date, and 'category' (Category separating journal entries, mini-news casts, and assorted things which are more 'miscellaneous' than anything else.)

Table of Contents

Character Questionnaire

The following is all 'filled out' by Leviathan. ;D

Introduction

Give a two or three word description of yourself. Super-powered Teenager Coming-to-terms.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume? I enjoy the sound of 'Leviathan', as it both ties to my powers, and what I seem to be, if my great-grandfather's tale after I found out about these powers was true. I mean, after all, the Leviathan was both the beast that sunk Atlantis and which guarded it. I think it fits.

What is your full birth name? Warren Patrick McCue the 2nd

Where do you live? I attend Clairemont Academy, so I live there, in one of the dormitories.

Why do you live there? Because it's the only place I could possibly live and learn how to use these powers of mine, at teh moment.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength? My determination.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness? My introversion.

Physical Traits

How old are you? Seventeen

What is your sex? Male

What is your race? I'd like to consider myself 'a normal human of American descent', though I don't know what you'd call me. I'm a human, and my ancestry is Irish, German, and Blackfoot.

How tall are you? Five feet, Eleven Inches.

How much do you weigh? I dunno, I guess 160 or so pounds on average?

What is your general body type, frame, bone structure, and poise? That's an odd question, but I'd say my body type is pretty much 'normal', though I'm a definitely sturdy. I don't try to carry myself with as much bearing and as straight as I can, but sometimes I slouch.

What is your skin colour? Light tan, most of the time. If I've not been out swimming for a while, like when it's summer, I get pretty pale, though not parchment colored.

What is your hair colour? Dark brown, somtimes it seems black, but most of the time it seems dark brown. I'm told in the sunlight golden brown and reddish brown strands can be seen, too.

What is your hair style? Messy, most of the time. I don't really see a reason to bother with combing my hair, as it'll just end up messy later. I do keep it cut to a nice moderate length, though.

Do you have any facial hair? I try not to, so shave at least once every two-to-three days.

What is your eye colour? Blue.

How attractive are you? That's a horrible question to ask someone. I don't think anyone but a narcissist could really answer that, but I know I'm not ugly, so I'd guess I'd call myself 'okay'.

What is your most distinguishing feature? My eyes, I'd say. I'm complemented on them quite often.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, or birthmarks? Not any that I know of. Maybe a few tiny scars from accidents as a child, but nothing major or easily visible.

What is your handedness (left/right/ambidextrous)? Is that even a word? I'm left handed. I think the phrase should be 'dexterity?'

Do you resemble some currently known person? I'm sure I do, but there are about a billion people on the face of the planet. I'm sure there's someone famous I might vaguely resemble, too, but I don't pay too much attention to that.

What kind of clothing do you wear? Comfortable clothing, normally some comfortable fitting jeans and a t-shirt, regular tennis shoes.

Do you wear makeup? No.

What sort of vocal tone do you have? A deep one, from what I know.

History

Where is your homeland? I'm an American, specifically from Texas.

Are you aware of its history? If I wasn't I'd think there was something wrong with me or a glitch in the system for me to be a junior in high school.

Are you patriotic or a social outcast? I'm not a sheep, if that's what you mean by 'patriotic' or 'social outcast'. I'm a thinker, and I typically ponder things and their implications before deciding if things should be done or not. I do love my country, however, and that's why I do that.

What are your opinion of home? Security, comfort, and a place to relax.

Where is your home town? Fort Worth, Texas

Are your real reasons for becoming an adventurer different from what you tell others? I'd not call myself an adventurer, truth-be-told, and no, not really.

How far would you go to keep such secrets from being revealed? What would you do if the truth became known? I'd go as far as I could without doing something bad or hurting some one whom was innocent. I'd just live with it the best I could if the truth ended up being known.

What do you fear would occur if the truth became known? My family will be attacked. But hopefully I can master my powers enough to prevent the possibility of that.

Do you have any particularly high or low ability scores? 'Scores'? Scores in what, exactly?

How have these scores affected your life so far? I don't even know how to answer that.

What about your race, growing up were you in the majority or a minority? From what I know 'White' is the majority in the United States.

Did this impact your outlook in any way? Not really. I don't really pay attention to race.

How do you feel about other races? The same as I feel about my race. They have good people and bad people, and you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)? Uh, no? Not that I know of.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life. My grandfather used to read me stories about knights of old, and it made me decide to take up the badge of chivalry the best I could. Does that count?

What stupid things did you do when you were younger? The same level as a normal kid does of stupid things?

Which toys from your childhood have you kept? Most of them, but most are my younger brother's now, or were given to goodwill by my family.

Why? What do they mean to you? If you didn't keep any, why not? What did you do to them all? They're just momentos to give my children and tell them a story.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you? If the video that some of the Beachgoers in Japan got of me saving that little girl, I sure as heck do.

Are you who you claim to be? I'd like to think so.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? Nope.

How do you view the heroes/legends of your country? Depends.

Family

Who were your parents? My father is Warren Keith McCue the 1st, a reasonable guy who loves his family and tries to do things as honestly and intelligently as he can. He was one of my biggest role models in life. My mother is Cathryne Rainwater McCue, and she did much the same as my father did, trying to bring me up to be a compassionate man, she being as compassionate as she could to help others.

Were you raised by them? If not, then why didn't they and who did raise you? I was raised by them, and my grandparents helped out sometimes.

What was their standing in the community? Good, from what I know.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot? They've lived in the same area for the last two generations.

How did you get along with their parents? Good, I respect them and they treat me well, even to the point they sacrifice to take care of me.

How would your parents describe you? Answer this in the voice of your mother, then in your father's. Warren's Mother: 'He's a good kid, and intelligent. He's always been sort of an 'outsider', though, so he's not exactly been able to show his good traits. But with the recent developments my husband told me of, I can only say one thing! My son's going to be a Superhero!'

Warren's Father: 'He's the sort of son that makes me proud to be his father.'

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what were their names? How did you get along with each of your siblings?

What was your birth position in the family? I have two siblings, a sister by the name of Catrell, and a brother by the name of Darrell. I get along well with them, though the age difference between us makes things sort of odd, my little sister is only three right now, and my little brother is eleven. They're younger siblings.

List all current knowledge of family locations, spouses, children, birth dates, schooling, and any important incidents that only you and they might remember. I don't want to write a paragraph on stuff, mister quiz. Maybe later. I've got around twelve cousins on one side and fourteen on the otherside, four aunts and uncles on my mother's side, six of my dads'. Some have been to college, some haven't. They're all pretty close to my family center and live in or around the same city as I'm from.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged? My family's very close.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular? No.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)? My father and grandfather were both mentors to me.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? Sometimes it feels like I'm the black sheep.

If so, who are they and how did they "gain" the position? You try being a superteen, see how your family reacts to you.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? Not that I know of.

If so, what did this person do to become famous or infamous? N/A

Do you try to live up to the reputation of your ancestor, try to live it down, or ignore it? N/A

Do you ever want to have a family of your own someday? Of course.

Would anything change your mind on this issue and if so, what? World circumstances.

What type of person would be your ideal mate? Beautiful eyes, a kind smile, and caring. Other than that I don't have an ideal mate.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, who and what are they like? Not really.

What is the history of their relationship(s) with you? N/A

Do you currently have a best friend whom you would protect with your reputation or your life? Nope.

If so, who are they and what caused you to feel so close to them? What would have to happen for you to end this relationship?

Do you have any bitter enemies? Nope.

If so, who are they, what are they like, and what is the history of their feud with you? N/A

Have you defeated them before? N/A

How might these enemies seek to discomfit you in the future? N/A

Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to? My family.

Who is your most trusted ally? I don't really have one.

Who do you trust, in general? Myself, and my family.

Who do you despise and why? No one.

Name seven things you hate in others. Hypocritical action, zealotism, impoliteness, arrogance, greed, stupidity assumed as intelligence, and general ignorance.

Is your image consistent? I'd hope so.

Do you deliberately present yourself differently in different situations, and how? Not really.

What would you die for? Protecting someone whom was in need, I'd like to think. Protecting my family, for sure.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you? Nothing bad enough to mention.

What is your general reaction to an attractive member of the opposite sex who lets you know they are available? Depends on the circumstances.

How do you get along with others of the same adventuring class? Adventuring Class? Wtf, man. It's not like this world is some offshoot of Dungeons and Dragons or something.

Have you lost any loves? Hasn't everyone?

How did you handle the situation (short & long term)? Moped, and then got over it,

Who would miss you should you go missing? I'd like to think my family would.

How close are you to your adventuring companions? What adventuring companions? This isn't D&D, you nerd.

What do they not know about you? See above.

Are you a member of any house, guild, organization, or church? What is your level of involvement? See Above.

Personality & Beliefs

Do you, or did you, have any role models? My father and Grandfather.

Do you have any heroes or idols, either contemporary or from legend? Not really.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances? Not really.

When did you decide to become an adventurer? I'm not an adventurer. D:

Why have you chosen to risk your life as a career? I haven't yet. What career? I'm a student.

What do you expect to get out of being an adventurer? What, if anything, would make you stop adventuring? This isn't D&D! ><

Do you have any dreams or ambitions? If not, why? To find the right girl, to go through college, and become a teacher or an author, and probably to settle down and have kids.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)? Find a possible girlfriend, and be accepted at my new school.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)? Running a business or writing professionally.

If these goals seem at odds with each other, or with your dreams, how do you reconcile the differences? N/A

Do you have any great rational or irrational fears or phobias? If so, what are the origins of, or reasons behind them? I don't.

How do you react when this fear manifests itself? IT doesn't.

What are your attitudes regarding material wealth? I don't really have one, so long as others don't flaunt them and act like we should treat them with difference because they're richer, it doesn't bother me.

Are you miserly with your share of the wealth, or do you spend it freely? I'm pretty charitable.

Do you see wealth as a mark of success, or just as a means to an end? Just a means to live and survive.

How do you generally treat others? Well, I think.

Do you trust easily (perhaps too easily) or not? No, not really.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? I think that really depends on the situation.

Are you a humble soul or blusteringly proud? See above.

What habits do you find most annoying in friends? The same things I hate in other people. I also dislike overly whiny people who can fix things if they only try.

What are your most annoying habits? I pick my nose sometimes when no one's looking, and I also sometimes wear the same socks for a couple of dayss straight.

Is there any race, creed, alignment, religion, class, profession, political viewpoint, or the like against which you are strongly prejudiced, and why? Not really.

What is your favourite food? Mashed Potatoes.

What is your favourite drink? Dr. Pepper

What is your favourite treat (desert)? Sundae Ice cream cones.

Do you favour a particular cuisine? Nope.

Do you savor the tastes when eating or "wolf down" your food? Depends on how hungry I am and what food it is.

Do you like food mild or heavily spiced? Both, depending on my mood.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat? Not really. Don't think I'd ever eat snails though.

What are your favourite colour(s)? Midnight Blue

Is there any colour that you dislike? Not really.

Do you have a favourite (or hated) song, type of music, or instrument? I enjoy most music, but dislike rap/hiphop/gangsta rap of the new generation.

If you have a favourite scent, what is it? Cherry blossoms do smell good.

What is your favourite type of animal? Bears.

Are you allergic to any kinds of animals? Not that I know of.

Is there anything that enrages you? Violence against the innocent.

Is there anything which embarrasses you? When a girl looks into my eyes for too long, yeah.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts? Either, depends on the situation.

Do you have a patron deity? A patron Diety? Seriously. A D&D or MMORPG nerd had to have wrote this thing.

Are you devout or impious? Like I said above.

Do you actively worship and proselytize or do you simply pay lip service? Seriously, man, I'm just going to ignore this.

What lengths would you go to defend your faith? What faith?

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special? Above.

Do you belong to a dominant church, or an independent church, cult, or sect (and is the group accepted, frowned upon, or considered heretics)? None of the above.

Will you kill? I'd hate to.

When did you decide (or learn) that you would? Sort of just been there.

When do you consider it okay to kill (under what circumstances)? Under no circumstances.

When do you consider it wrong to kill (under what circumstances)? In every circumstance, unless there was absolutely no other way to reform a person.

What would you do if someone else attempted to (or successfully did) kill under your "wrong" circumstances, what would be your reaction? I'd probably be angry, but a person gains their demons on their own. If it was someone who did it purposeful, I'd hit them until they couldn't get back up.

What if it were your enemy? I don't know. I'm not some warrior.

What if it were your friend? I don't know, it's not like I've been in that situation before.

What if the opponent were not in control of their own actions (under duress, charmed, dominated, possessed)? How many questions did you steal from D&D, questionarre maker?

What would you do if something were stolen from you? I'd get it back.

What would you do if you were badly insulted publicly? I'd turn the other cheek, unless it was something that really angered me. Then I'd probably insult back, or hurl something.

What would you do if a good friend or relative were killed by means other than natural death? I'd investigate.

What is the one task you would absolutely refuse to do? Paint fingernails.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why? There're too many that I considered 'tied' to answer that.

How do you feel about government (rulers) in general? Why do you feel that way? Sometimes they do correct things sometimes they're incorrect.

Do you support the current government of your homeland? Yeah.

If so, how far are you willing to go to defend the government? If not, do you actively oppose it? Depends on what they do.

What form of government do you believe is the best (democracy, monarchy, anarchy, aristocratic rule, oligarchy, matriarchy) and why? A government that -truly- cares for the people, and I don't care. I'm partial to democracy, of course, but I'm not going to say the others are bad just because they're not democracies.

Do you have any unusual habits or dominant personality traits that are evident to others? I'm pretty chivalrous and inquisitive. I also sometimes butt into conversations.

If so, describe them and how you acquired them, as well as when they might be more noticeable and what causes them. They just came natural, mostly because I'm trying to be helpful and understand a situation as best as I can.

Do you have any unusual or nervous mannerisms, such as when talking, thinking, afraid, under stress, or when embarrassed? Sometimes when I get particularly irked I flick my nose.

What is your most treasured possession? My hoodie.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what 5 things would you do in those remaining hours? Kiss the girl I liked the most, write a note to my family with all the things I've never done before, eat the most expensive meal I could afford and that I wanted to eat, and probably do a swim around the city.

Career & Training

Where and how were you educated? I'm in high school, so it's ongoing.

Who trained you in your adventuring class(es)? What?

What was your relationship with your teacher(s)/mentor(s)? The same as any other student, I'm guessing. I'm grateful.

Is this person or institution still in existence? I'm pretty sure.

Were you a prize student or did you just barely pass? I don't know, I enver asked.

Look at your skills. How did you acquire them (especially the unusual ones)? They just came.

Have you ever done anything else for a living? Nope.

How do you function in combat (maneuvers, weaknesses)? I've not really had many combat situations to test how I do or not.

Have you ever received any awards or honours? Perfect attendance a few times.

Is there anything that you don't currently know how to do that you wish you could? Read Slavic.

Are you envious of others who can do such things in a good-natured way or are you sullen and morose about it? Nope, not envious at all, just think it an interesting language group.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

When not adventuring, what is your normal daily routine? The same as other kids? Going to school, hanging out, looking for a part time job, playing video games, reading, whatever. I try to get a lap or two around the local pool every day, too.

How do you feel and react when this routine is interrupted for some reason? I don't mind.

What are your hobbies when you are not adventuring or training? The same I mentioned above.

What do you do for relaxation? What things do you do for enjoyment? What interests do you have? The same stuff I said before.

How do you normally dress when not in your adventuring gear? Norma person clothes? I don't have 'adventuring gear'.

What do you normally wear in bed at home? Pajama pants.

What do you normally wear in bed while adventuring? I don't go adventuring.

Do you wear any identifiable jewelry? Nope.

Where do you normally put your weapons, magic items, or other valuables when you are sleeping? My what?

What morning or evening routines do you normally have? Brush my teeth, shower, shave, eat some breakfast, drink a soda.

Do these change when you are adventuring? I don't go adventuring.

Travel: how do you get around locally? Hoof it.

Do you have a Last Will and Testament? Why would I have one of those? I'm 17.

What does it say? See above.

Miscellaneous

What would you like to be remembered for after your death? My compassion.

What kind of threat do you present to the public? I dunno. I'm, a superhuman person, though I've not tested the full extent of my powers yet.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body? My genes, I'd bet.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. "Don't give up on anyone, and don't make rash decisions. Don't take things as they seem, and ALWAYS believe in yourself."

• 1 month later...

((OOC/OON; This is an entirely 'alternate universe' birthday thing, set up with how I feel he would spend his birthday, regardless of how his friends and peers at Claremont may think or act.))

A sigh cut through the relative silence of Warren McCue's room, as he sat in the relative darkness of the room, hoping no one would bother him this early in the morning, as he looked at the bright red digits of his clock. It clearly said; '5:00'. Despite the fact he didn't make a movement, he was keenly aware of this being his birthday, and it made him smile for just a moment. There was no rapid dressing of himself and running to the common room to see if any one was there. He simply watched the clock and savored the darkness and the cool chill brought to his bare chest from the fan box fan nearby blowing wind upon him.

He watched the clock for a few more moments, but didn't move, or even bother to go to sleep. He simply picked up the book on the night stand adjacent to him and turned the light on. A book that he had taken to reading again and again, a book about the mythological origins of the word 'Leviathan', a term he had decided nearly half a year would be a proper monkier for himself. He read it, and didn't move as if he assumed anything major was coming, because he didn't. He knew very very well that in every year before, though his family had showered him with happy birthdays, this his eighteenth birthday, would which would not allow such things, both because of his age and because of the distance from his family.

In times before showing himself at Claremont, if he was in a situation like this on a day like this, he probably would be seen moping in his bed or trying to go back to sleep, but he simply continued to read, pondering in the back of his head exactly what he should try to do today after school. A trip to the nearby bay seemed out of the question, but he could have a small party with his friends, perhaps a game of hangman with Lucy, and a game of musical chairs with the others, with heavy metal music just to make Mura irked.

Time passed as he mused and he read, and soon it was thirty minutes from the time he was due to his first class, and the boy went to groom himself, leaving his room in his favorite pair of jeans, t-shirt, and shoes, and heading to his first class, which he couldn't wait for, both because he loved to learn, and because the quicker he got to class, the quicker he got out of class, and onto the next class, and then out of school for the day, so he could have his birthday party, and he could finally have a party with kids his age.

American History roared through with discussions on the Civil War, which Warren smirked at the statements of some things, and the shock at some of his peer's face when he pointed out the truth about Lincoln's politics and the actual reason why the Emancipation Proclaimation had been made, a statement he made out of turn, simply because he could not help himself.

He was more muted the rest of the day, enjoying his Mythology class, his English, His European History, and his Physics, though trolling through the day by the time it rolled around for his Art class, the final one of the day, and the one he was least interested in that moment.

As the class ended, the boy known as Warren was gone, and Leviathan was on the prowl, dropping his backpack in his dorm room and immediately hitting the pool, which he swam in thirty times in heightened emotion, before returning back to the dorm and chilling out in the Common Room, only to be surprised as he had so hoped for, by his friends with a cake (Albeit small, but still a cake.)

He smiled, this was a first time situation in his life, and the night rolled on with more and more enthusiasm. When the next morning rolled in, Warren didn't want to wake up for school at all.