Where the Rats Run Free

MBCE

It seems that luck is on Raven's side as the blast hits with enough force to take down the vigilante. With him unconcious, there is no problem for Raven to use her powers to get him and herself topside.

It doesn't take her long to find an officer to deliver her package to. The policeman seems surprised by her appearance. "What can I do for you?" he asks after he manages to compose himself.

Raven brings back the affectation to her voice that makes it difficult to determine her sex. "This man was was chasing a young man through the sewers. I do not know the reason, but the pursued was doing nothing but running, and this man was using these." She places the guns on the ground by the officer. "He hit the young man a few times and me once as I was attempting to defend the young man." She shows the officer her wound quickly. "I believe you should take him into custody."

The Police officer takes the offered guns and the unconcious man. "Uh, thanks. I'll need your name for the report and you'll have to accompany to the station to write up a report. Also, where is the other fella? The one that you said was being chased? He should come to the station as well."

Raven sighs. Guess I won't be finding him today. "The young man ran off under my direction so that we would not be further injured. I don't believe I will be able to find him, but I will direct him to the station if I see him again. You may call me Raven. I'll be happy to come down and make a report, if it is required."

The officer places cuffs on the vigilante and with Raven's help, takes him to the nearby station. There, he is processed while Raven is asked a number of questions dealing with the situation.

She finds the experience very easy considering that she does not reveal her true name.

"With all the supers running around the city, we make it a point to give the heroes their privacy. It allows them to continue help clean the streets," the officer remarks during the process.

After thirty minutes, the vigilante wsa safely behind bars and Raven had completed her part of the process.

The Ghost came out of the manhole and looked around cautiously. Well, it looks like everything is clear here.

He pulled himself up completely from the sewer and took stock of his present position. He had been travelling through the sewers for the past thirty minutes or so, simply putting distance between himself and the earlier battle. His ability to cut through the tunnels instead of following them as normal simply gave him more distance.

Ghost looked down at his clothes and frowned. Now I have to burn these. I'll never be able to wash the smell out of them! At least Lady Fortune had watched out for me. If that hero hadn't shown up when she did, I might not have been able to get away. Too bad that vigilante had interrupted the job. I almost had that painting. Next time I won't fail.

With that thought in his mind, Ghost began to make his way back to his home in Boardwalk.

Raven shakes the officer's hand as she goes to leave. "Thank you, Officer. Try and put some sense in him, if you would, but don't be too rough on him. He was trying to do the right thing, in his own twisted way. He just didn't have any respect for harmony."

Raven sighed as she left the station. Guess there's no finding him tonight; he must be out of the sewers by now. But I'll find out what he's up to, and how it affects the harmony of this city. She makes strange gestures and mutters strange words once again before whispering "Fly Through the Night." She appears almost instantaneously in her apartment and sets up to continue her scrying.