A windy day at Jordan International Airport

Warr

Warren, without a word, grabbed all his bags. He gave a nod to the Bus Driver, and strode onto the bus, almost saying 'There is no 'Claremont bunch'. He caught himself, however, and did speak clearly and calmly.

"I'm Warren McCue, and I don't know for a fact what her name is, but that girl with the blue and blond hair and that girl over there on the bench are supposed to go to Claremont too, but I don't think the blue and blonde girl can tell you her name, either. She's a mute. From the amount of noise I was making earlier, too, I don't think the girl who's on the bench can hear. In fact, I don't think she realizes this is the area the other Claremont students are going to. Her mother dropped her off here from the plane, and asked me to help her."

He secured his bags on one of the chairs, and walked out of the bus, hoping his bluff would work.

He then walked to the bench, taking Lullaby's hand, and moving as if to bring her with him and guide her to the bus, while smiling at Lucy in a 'come on, this trick will be fun!' sort of way.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curiousity gnaws at Darian. He could stay here and soak in the inane drama of the sadness of the two girls, or he could get on the bus and see what Claremont had to offer. But wait, he thinks, did he just ask for names? Well, there went that idea. Unless... He takes a few deep breathes, Here goes nothing. He walks over to the man with the clipboard, and in in his best broken English Hindi accent says, "Claremont. Bunch? Bus. To. Claremont?" He pauses and resumes in Hindi in a rushed and terse tone, "<"

As the bus arrives Ionica does ignore it, at least until she realizes that Warren was waiting for it. She lets out a faint sigh and shrugs, oh well. As he then starts speaking of blue and blonde mute girls and a deaf girl, the ditzy girl looks around, trying to find these. Finally she tugs at Warren's sleeve and whispers to him, "Uhm, where are those other friends of yours and why didn't ya introduce us?" Not that she'd like to be introduced to those two girls anyway, I mean what if they too kinda like the hunk?

Had Warren been any less collected in master plans like that, before he decided to roll with it. He, though smiling at Lucy without looking towards the bus driver, simply acted the way she did. Luckily she had whispered, so even though the bus driver might be watching.

He called out "Oh god, it's a miracle! I didn't think I'd hear you speak! I thought you were mute! But you're afraid to talk to that man, your mom and dad didn't tell you you had to talk to big scary men like that?" He hoped his tone helped his bluff, but he wasn't sure, and he simply leaned into Lucy, almost as if he would if he was whispering sweet nothings in her ear, and said "It'll be alright." quite audibly, incase the bus driver was listening and watching him, and then he added. "Just follow along, Lucy. Go with me, I want you to come with me, so you can see how cool the school is. Not to mention I figure you would be a neat person to hang around."

He turned back to the man, giving a nod. "I already loaded your bags, though, Miss." Then he began to walk towards the bus, dragging Lucy with him.

Lullaby smiled innocently as Warren came over to her.

"Y...yes. I was left here for being strange. My mummy wanted me to learn about why I'm different. She sent me to Claremont" Lullaby stuttered, going along with the bluff. She smiled to Warren as he came close.

"Your very good at this" she whispered, giggling.

Lullaby picked up her hold all, the only item she owned and was not wearing. She walked to the bus, quietly, trying to avoid attention. Naturally, Gabriellor had other ideas.

"Claremont dear?" The suit whispered, "Your a very intelligent girl. You can find some answers there."

Lullaby looked startled at the hold all, but carried onwards.

Warren, without a word, grabbed all his bags. He gave a nod to the Bus Driver, and strode onto the bus, almost saying 'There is no 'Claremont bunch'. He caught himself, however, and did speak clearly and calmly.

"I'm Warren McCue, and I don't know for a fact what her name is, but that girl with the blue and blond hair and that girl over there on the bench are supposed to go to Claremont too, but I don't think the blue and blonde girl can tell you her name, either. She's a mute. From the amount of noise I was making earlier, too, I don't think the girl who's on the bench can hear. In fact, I don't think she realizes this is the area the other Claremont students are going to. Her mother dropped her off here from the plane, and asked me to help her."

He secured his bags on one of the chairs, and walked out of the bus, hoping his bluff would work.

He then walked to the bench, taking Lullaby's hand, and moving as if to bring her with him and guide her to the bus, while smiling at Lucy in a 'come on, this trick will be fun!' sort of way.

Floyd frowned at Warren and it was clear that he wasn't buying the load Warren was selling, but he allowed the young man to deposit the bags on the bus as he turned to the Hindi boy that stepped up.

In perfect Hindi, Floyd began speaking to the newcomer.

Had Warren been any less collected in master plans like that, before he decided to roll with it. He, though smiling at Lucy without looking towards the bus driver, simply acted the way she did. Luckily she had whispered, so even though the bus driver might be watching.

He called out "Oh god, it's a miracle! I didn't think I'd hear you speak! I thought you were mute! But you're afraid to talk to that man, your mom and dad didn't tell you you had to talk to big scary men like that?" He hoped his tone helped his bluff, but he wasn't sure, and he simply leaned into Lucy, almost as if he would if he was whispering sweet nothings in her ear, and said "It'll be alright." quite audibly, incase the bus driver was listening and watching him, and then he added. "Just follow along, Lucy. Go with me, I want you to come with me, so you can see how cool the school is. Not to mention I figure you would be a neat person to hang around."

He turned back to the man, giving a nod. "I already loaded your bags, though, Miss." Then he began to walk towards the bus, dragging Lucy with him.

Floyd kept his frown upon his face as he listened to Warren's story but he did look over at the young woman he was trying to lead onto the bus.

"Like I said. I need everyone to tell me their names before they can get on this bus. And Mr. McCue, I'd suggest you stop trying to talk for these others. Especially as it seems you could use some work on your presentation. Headmaster Summers is going to just love having to deal with you."

Floyd then turned to face both Iconica and Lulluby waiting for their names.

"Uhm... I'm Ionica and I'm a superhero-girl," Ionica says to this bus driver. "Ain't like I need a school anyway, it's just Warren who wanna drag me there and stuff, yaknow." she then comments with a shrug.

Floyd nodded his head and looked down at the clipboard in his hand. "Ionica....Ionica....Ahah!" he said as he jabbed his finger down on the clipboard.

"Yup, you're on the list so hop on, Miss. You to, Mr. McCue. Once I've gotten the rest of these people checked out, we can get going." Floyd moves to the side to allow the two named teens to board the bus as he waited for the remaining two to give their names.

Darian's eyes go wide as the man is possibly on to him. He thinks quickly, You better make this fast or you're gonna miss this chance. What is it, a one in a million chance that you're right? Just use the name you used in India. Closing his eyes and opening them back up to a normal size, Darian takes a deep breath and exhales. He smiles and continues in Hindi, "<>"

Darian's eyes go wide as the man is possibly on to him. He thinks quickly, You better make this fast or you're gonna miss this chance. What is it, a one in a million chance that you're right? Just use the name you used in India. Closing his eyes and opening them back up to a normal size, Darian takes a deep breath and exhales. He smiles and continues in Hindi, "<>"

Floyd turns to the yong man and smiled as he let the other two named onto the bus. <>

Again Floyd looked down at the clipboard searching for the name given to him. "Ananta....Ananta.. hmmm. There doesn't seem to be anyone listed by that name here." Floyd flipped the first page and scanned the next sheet. <> he said in way of explination. Floyd gave the young man a warm smile that conveyed that everything was going to be alright before he began checking the list in detail.

After a few moments, he again jabbed down at the list before him. "There it is! They are really going to have to work on writing names on the list." Realizing that Ananta might not know exactly what he was saying, Floyd quickly revert to Hindi. <>

Floyd looked at the little girl with the hold all in hand. "You're the last one here, my dear. Once you tell me your name, I can move on."

It would be a lie to say Warren's heart didn't sink a little when he realized his lie (which he thought very good) was found out, and there was an implication he'd likely be having to talk to the headmaster, on this, his first day, if that, of his new school. Warren almost twitched at the thought, but letting go of Lullaby's hand, he turned and walked onto the bus in silence, only his dignity preventing him from moping.

He had failed in trying to help these two other super kids in getting into a place that could help them, and if that was so how would he fair as a real superhero, if he ever decided to be one? It made him want to sigh, and he almost did, before he heard the bus driver's response to Angelica. He blinked, wondering if it had been a trick and that's why he been found out, or if Lucy was just lucky.

He decided to be optomistic, and go with the other option, as he plopped down on the chair which his bags were sitting on.

Lullaby smiled weakly and without convincing.

"Mi...Miss Zallora. Please don't ask about the name, its strange but it's stuck. I...i erm, didn't apply to join, I don't think anyway" Lullaby timidly said.

"I..its...it's just that apparently i have some of my life story inside the academy. I wanna enroll to find out about it" Lullaby begged.

The ditzy Ionica goes all wide eyed as she hears that her name is on THE LIST, staring at Floyd for several seconds, before she finally comments on it, "I'm on the list? But... But... I'm not... I... Yaknow, uhm..." She casts a glance at Warren, then back at Floyd. "I dunno even know that place!" she then finally exclaims with a pout. "How'd I get there? I mean, what?!?"

Poor Ionica, it looks like her brain is working overtime, trying to come up with some explanation, any explanation, for how she can be on that list.

The Pitchoo hovered under cloud cover, it's engines buzzing faintly as some super-science engine toiled away on making the machine work. The owner had never quite figured out what ran it, but it didn't seem to have needed refueling yet. Chris Kenzie lounged around in the pilot seat, on the phone to his mother.

"Yes, mom... No, Mr. Summers is inviting me to his school! C'mon, would he ask to speak to you if he was abducting me? Really?" He slapped his forehead and sighed. "No, mom, I am not sighing. No, really, I'm not. Really."

He glanced out of the window to the airport below. Some guy was the centre of attention of two girls, one in a garish supersuit and the other in a rather hot outfit... Hmmm. They did look a lot like Claremont students, didn't they? The interviews must be when they get there, then. "Yeah, mom? Can I call you back, I have to go up to the school... Yes, I'll take care."

He brought the bus up on the radar, and pulled the Pitchoo up into cloud cover. "Music... let's have some music," muttered Chris to himself, bringing up Media Player on one of the console screens. Hmmm... System of a Down's Toxicity was a good album. He clicked play and wandered up back to one of the cupboards he'd figured out how to open. He began donning the green jumpsuit, belt and mask stashed away in there...

Darian takes a step towards the bus and stops for a second, he can't help but think that something is amiss about this situation. He continues walking, looking toward the three others as he gets on the bus. Is it possible that I am supposed to go here as a student, he questions himself in his head, I have an interview with the science department later this week, but I used my real name when applying. Thoughts race through Darian's mind as he boards the bus. Choosing a wondow seat somewhere near the middle of the bus He reaches into his messenger bag to see if he has his paperwork on hand. He does. Well, he thinks, the earlier the better.

Lullaby smiled weakly and without convincing.

"Mi...Miss Zallora. Please don't ask about the name, its strange but it's stuck. I...i erm, didn't apply to join, I don't think anyway" Lullaby timidly said.

"I..its...it's just that apparently i have some of my life story inside the academy. I wanna enroll to find out about it" Lullaby begged.

Floyd checked the list again for the name she gave. It only took him a moment to find it on the list. "Here it is. Yup, you get a ride to the school as well. Hop on. There should be one more person showing up before we leave. If he's not here soon, we'll take off."

The ditzy Ionica goes all wide eyed as she hears that her name is on THE LIST, staring at Floyd for several seconds, before she finally comments on it, "I'm on the list? But... But... I'm not... I... Yaknow, uhm..." She casts a glance at Warren, then back at Floyd. "I dunno even know that place!" she then finally exclaims with a pout. "How'd I get there? I mean, what?!?"

Poor Ionica, it looks like her brain is working overtime, trying to come up with some explanation, any explanation, for how she can be on that list.

Floyd nodded in understand at teh young girl's confusion. "Yeah, it's a little confusing. The school has some connections with a number of different heroes throughout the city. They help us identify new possible students that need to get to the school. Some of these people that help can actually see the future and gave us the names of all the people who would be here to get picked up. So, that's how your name got on the list."

Floyd gesture to the bus behind him, "Now get aboard as we wait for the last guy to show up before we get out of here. You all must be dying to get to the school."

Geckoman came back from the back of the ship, wondering why it hadn't moved. They all seemed to be on the bus... "Dammit, they're waiting for me. Why? Hell, Duncan Summers caught me because of this thing. Then again, that may be why he wants me to take the bus..."

He turned off the autopilot and grabbed a coat to put on over his costume, stuffing his mask and goggles into the pocket. He flipped open the exit hatch in the back, unfurling the rope ladder and sliding down it. A few buttons tapped on the remote later, and he was slowly flying in towards the ground, rolling off as the Pitchoo flew back up again, the ladder coiling back up ino the ship and the door closing.

"Yo, are you guys waiting for a Chris Kenzie?"

Geckoman came back from the back of the ship, wondering why it hadn't moved. They all seemed to be on the bus... "Dammit, they're waiting for me. Why? Hell, Duncan Summers caught me because of this thing. Then again, that may be why he wants me to take the bus..."

He turned off the autopilot and grabbed a coat to put on over his costume, stuffing his mask and goggles into the pocket. He flipped open the exit hatch in the back, unfurling the rope ladder and sliding down it. A few buttons tapped on the remote later, and he was slowly flying in towards the ground, rolling off as the Pitchoo flew back up again, the ladder coiling back up ino the ship and the door closing.

"Yo, are you guys waiting for a Chris Kenzie?"

Floyd looked up as the rope came down and watched as he came down to the ground. As the young man gave his name, Floyd again checked his list. After a moment he smiles at the newcomer, "Yup. You're on the list as well. That makes it everyone here and fairly on time as well. Good. We've got a short ride to the school, so hop aboard and we can get out of here."

Once everyone is loaded onto the bus, Floyd takes his seat and flips a switch on the bus. The air shimmers around the corner as the device that was hiding the group's presence cut off. Floyd looked over his shoulder at the others and quickly explained. "When we learned that a group of newbies were going to gathering here, we made sure to place a cloaking device in place to keep unwanted eyes away. The only ones able to even notice your presence there were people like yourselves. Normal folks would simply avoid the area, protecting all of your identities."

Floyd turns back forward and put the bus in drive. "We'll be there shortly."

Lullaby found a seat at the back of the bus and dropped her hold all on the floor. She made sure she was alone in the vicinity, looking out the window, fiddling with her dancing dress with her fingers. She looked down at her torn rags that have been her clothing for a year. She sighed deeply with the past couple of years in memories running through her brain.

Ionica still appears to be semi-stunned, her mouth half-open and her eyes wider than usual, at least until she's spoken to by Geckoman. She then shakes her head, as if to get rid of whatever fog is on her mind, before turning her attention to the lizard boy.

"... Hi... I'm Ionica," she finally replies. "I think I'm going to go to some school now, which is weird, I didn't plan to go to school, so how did it happen? I'm confused." she then rambles on, still not really comprehending Floyd's explanation.

Warren shuffled his bags as he waited for the others, patient as the waters he was genetically bred to be close to. He didn't say a word as any of the speech that went on continued, listening patiently. He didn't interject until the moment after Angelica spoke, having looked at Geckoman with wide, disturbed, and slightly angry eyes when he had first seen him, but now with just simple curiosity, as the mention of a cloaking device had come forth, his eyes lost their edge.

He answered Lucy's question without problem, now.

"Claremont is a school that caters to kids with super powers, Lucy. It's a school for 'superheroes in training', so to speak. That's probably why they added you to the possible list of students, aside from what Floyd up there said. It's logical to assume they'd know and think you need more training, not to be offensive." He yawned. "You didn't even realize that I was a super human when I leaped upon and tackled that robber from fifty yards away from him. Powers aren't the only thing that makes a superhero."

He yawned for a moment, leaning forward, and then looked Geckoman in the eyes and gave him a nod. "I'm Warren, Chris. Nice to meet you, and if you get to deciding that you should give me a 'code name', don't. IF you don't want to call me Warren, call me Leviathan. It's very fitting."