A windy day at Jordan International Airport

Warr

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC; Assuming that Lucy fluttering about to check Warren for possible damage equals a minute.)

The boy was still slightly out of breath when the Ionic wonder began to move about him, looking at him to try to see if he had any broken bones or ribs, or if he was otherwise hurt. Seemingly miraculously he was no longer bruised, at best a light sting where the punch had landed. He simply smiled at the situation, wondering to himself if Lucy would realize what that meant, but moving for his bags just as he did.

He smiled at the newcomer with a nod, acting as if nothing had just happened, and moved a little closer to his bags. He looked to her, and replied simply. "If you want to sing, feel free to, it's a free world after all. But can I ask you a question first? Do taxis normally take this long to get here in this part of the city?"

If Lucy had punched anything before after getting her strength, it should have been very easy for even her to realize what the fact that he not only withstood the punch, but was unbruised only a minute later implied. He simply smiled to himself, thinking about the situation, and watching for Taxis.

"And if there's not a Taxi coming anytime soon, is there a bus that leads anywhere near the Clairemont Academy?" His words were quick enough to have not cut the newcomer off.

Ionica does stare at the fast recovery of Warren, but then simply shrugs it off, it hurts her brain too much to think about such complex things...

"I dunno anything about taxi or busses or anything like that," she then replies to Warren, casting a glance over at Lullaby to see whether she would know or not. "Ain't like I need 'em or anything anyway, I can just fly n' stuff."

Lullaby innocently shakes her head as she drops her head, a smile on her face. She kicks off her almost non-existent trainers and opens her hold all, pulling out gleaming six inch stilettos. She drops them to the floor and slips her feet into them. She grabs a white shirt and buttons it up. When she hists the second button, something weird happens.

A black liquid engulfs the little rag clad girl and changes her. Her curves became more defined as she grew in height and breast size. Her black hair lengthens. A blast of smoke, and a truly stunning woman stood before the others. She wore the clothing she had donned, plus a black dinner jacket, a Magicians hat she had acquired from somewhere and fishnets from gleaming latex pants.

She giggled as she held a microphone.

"Who needs physical transport? Music moves me, literally" She giggled, kissing her lips together.

As Lullaby changes form, Ionica is stunned and confused. Blinking a few times, she finally is able to ask a question.

"That's cool, are you a super hero who can like become anything?" the rather simple girl asks. "Because I'm a superhero or at least I'm trying to become one, and it would be so awesome if you were one too!" With that said Ionica gives Lullaby a big smile.

The boy watched with a bit of curiosity until the girl's transformation was done, and he realized that this newcomer was likely also a superhuman, as well. He blinked for a moment, before turning away and shaking his head. With a thought of dread, his brain went over the simple phrase 'How am I supposed to keep my identity and super human abilities secret when I seem to be a super girl magnet?' His head moved into the position it would be if he was half nodding, and he sighed, watching for a Taxi.

Hopefully one would show up soon, and the costumed girls behind him wouldn't scare it off. Hopefully if that wasn't the case, someone from the school would show up soon.

"Uhm. I think you can be a super hero if you want to be one. I mean... I think anyone with special powers can be or something. As long as you're not a super bad guy, it's fine," Ionica explains to Lullaby. "And I dunno, I'm just here and saw uhm..." She looks at Warren, before she shrugs. "I dunno his name, but I saw him wait. Thought I could fly him whereever he should go."

The youth looked back at the older girl for a second, before back out to the street. His head moved forward a little bit, and he said clearly and calmly. 'There's no 'you lot.' I don't know Lucy here beyond her name. And I'm going to the Clairemont Academy, was invited there. That's why I'm even in this city." He gave a little half nod, before yawning.

"My name's Warren, by the way."

Lullaby smiled.

"I'm Gabrellior, but my old self is not Gabrellior, to confuse issues. I love confusing issues" Gabrellior giggled.

"Especially since Telepathy rules!" Said a whispering voice in both Ionica's and Warrens head. Gabrellior smiled as she pouted her lips. She raised her mic to her lips.

"I believe I owed you a song?" She asked.

The dark haired young man both physically and mentally cringed at the actions of Lullaby, before looking even more intently looking towards the road. He almost moved to grab his bags, waiting just for a few more moments before loading himself up like a mule and starting to walk to the nearest place with a map, to just hoof it the way to Clairemont, if need-be.

It was one thing being around some super powered girls, but it was another thing being around a pair of seeming slightly off in the head super powered girls. Especially one who invaded people's minds. He glared at the girl, before shaking her head.

"You can sing if you'd like, but being so melodramatic is soooo unnecessary it's not even funny." He moved almost, to grab his bags.

The boy simply blinked at the young woman whom had just begun all but serenading him. He blinked for a moment, and then shaked his head.

"You know, I never said I -hated- you, it's just if you guys sit there and use powers and such so flagrantly, either you cause someone to come blame you for some crime, or you make people look at me and assume I'm a superhuman, too." The last words were all but a groan. He leaned his head a little forward, looking out at the street. "Besides, singers should love skeptics."

The boy's brain instantly wondered why this girl knew he was going to Clairemont, or why she would want to go there. He really would rather not have someone stalking after him, as his brain resolved must be the reason, especially if they were like this. This girl was eccentric in the fullest sense of the word.

But if she would go back to normal, it'd protect his secret identity, so he had no choice.

"I guess I could try, but it's not like I have any pull. I was only invited to the Academy, myself. That's why I'm going. But I guess when I get there I can confer to the Headmaster of the school that you'd like to have an interview with him and possibly go to there." He spoke simply and calmly.

Darian, an avid fan of the idea of travel, always came to the airport when he got the itch to go somewhere far and distant. Sure, he can't go anywhere by himself due to his age, but watching the hustle and bustle of people entering and leaving always gave him plenty to see. The first timers to Freedom City are always the best. They come with a sense of wonderment, as if the Freedom League is going to greet them personally. He never saw any supers there, not that he was looking for any, just tourists with happiness. Something is different today though. It looks as if some of the Claremont kids are here for a field trip or something. A blue and yellow clad girl and a girl that could be a lounge singer are going all fluttery over some guy. Darian wonders why their ruckus hasn't caused a scene. He strolls over to the area where they are, trying to look unconspicuous. Looking up and down the road to see if there's a cab coming, he keeps his eye on the three sporadically.

The blue-blondish haired ditz looks from Lullaby to Warren and then back to Lullaby, before she finally says something.

"Uhm, are you on some drugs or somethin'?" is the question given in Lullaby's direction. "Because drugs are kinda bad'n'stuff, not good for ya. 'sides what good is that 'cademy anyway, it's just books and other crap, yaknow."

With that said she pouts slightly. Here she finds a cute boy and this other girl now seems to be making the moves on him. She lets out a sigh, it's not like she should expect anything anyway, she's not clever and she's definitely no beauty, but hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Warren shook his head at the entire situation, before correcting Lucy very simply.

"Claremont is a school you could learn plenty at, and almost every book is amazing, you just have to read it the right way." He shook his head. "In fact, if you were brave enough to go there, I'd show you." He looked out at the street, shaking his head.

Teenagers, one big ball of hormones and emotions, Darian thinks to himself, Happy one minute depressed the next. Unfortunately I'll be in that same predicament in a few years. He fidgets as the lounge singer turns into a bum-looking individual. He sighs, wishing he could tell the lady something, as he can't handle when people are sad. Sadness dilutes your thinking patterns. But he's sure that would look weird. What, a kid in business casual attire trying to cheer her up would probably only make her more depressed. And the other girl was in on it too? You'd think him coming over to this area caused all the grief. At least he learned that they were from Claremont, well, at least one or two of them. Maybe he could strike up a conversation with the group, but right now it just felt ackward.

"School smool, bweh," Ionica says, sticking out her tongue to illustrate what she means about it. "Gabri... uhm, yeah, whatever your name was, that school place prolly sucks anyway. 'sides the street teaches ya how ta survive'n'stuff, ain't got no need for knowing what the capital is of Europe or stuff like that." She doesn't seem like she has noticed the listener (Darian), instead just trying to keep her attention on both Lullaby and Warren.

Even as Iconica was trying to comfort the depressed young girl, A small mini school bus pulled up to the curve. The doors of the bus opened and the driver slowly got up from his seat. He walked down the short set of stairs until he stood on the payment next to the group.

The driver was a gruff looking man that looked to be in his forties. He wore red rimmed glasses and carried a clipboard. A small name plate on his shirt read, "Floyd". "Are you guys the new bunch heading to Claremont? If'n you are, give me your name and I'll check you off the list."

People coming in and out of the airport terminal continued to move passed the small group standing by the bus. No one in their rush to cath either planes or taxis seemed to have taken any notice of the group's antics. It was almost as if the group was invisible.