A friendly sparring match: OOC

Toptomcat

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't forget to post the rolls to see if your Shapeshifting works. It is Unreliable, and taking a full round during combat doing nothing can be a substantial drawback. I wasn't going to worry about the Healing since that's outside of combat, but you didn't mention before the fight began again that you were swapping back.

Please don't forget to post the rolls to see if your Shapeshifting works. It is Unreliable, and taking a full round during combat doing nothing can be a substantial drawback. I wasn't going to worry about the Healing since that's outside of combat, but you didn't mention before the fight began again that you were swapping back.

Ah, alright. Yeah, that's not a problem. From now on, though, you should describe what "mode" the shapeshift is in when you start a battle. Here, it was clear that it was still the Healing, but it'll be a concern in new storylines.

Also, bear in mind that Shapeshift is described as being for the physical traits of the assumed form. Healing is a bit of a stretch, but ok for the purposes of the sparring match (since the story lags a little if you have to wait for Shadowboxer to heal). You might want to find another hero that can heal, or see about adding Healing as a power to your Headquarters. (Now, I'm picturing bacta tanks dotting the walls of Shinken's factory).

The mode that you're in now in the parallel storyline is fine - Super-Senses, Notice, Super-Movement, and physical skills are all examples of physical traits.

Ah, alright. Yeah, that's not a problem. From now on, though, you should describe what "mode" the shapeshift is in when you start a battle. Here, it was clear that it was still the Healing, but it'll be a concern in new storylines.

Also, bear in mind that Shapeshift is described as being for the physical traits of the assumed form. Healing is a bit of a stretch, but ok for the purposes of the sparring match (since the story lags a little if you have to wait for Shadowboxer to heal). You might want to find another hero that can heal, or see about adding Healing as a power to your Headquarters. (Now, I'm picturing bacta tanks dotting the walls of Shinken's factory).

The mode that you're in now in the parallel storyline is fine - Super-Senses, Notice, Super-Movement, and physical skills are all examples of physical traits.

Got it. I refrained from using Shapeshift in this battle, out-of-game, because there's any number of ways to make it one-sided with it; namely, a duplicate weapon for disarm insurance and electrifying the armor (Strike w/Aura) to make grapples a bad idea...or a ranged attack and Flight...or Super-Speed and using Move-By Attack.

And in-game, because this is supposed to be a match of skill vs. skill, not skill vs. tech.

Got it. I refrained from using Shapeshift in this battle, out-of-game, because there's any number of ways to make it one-sided with it; namely, a duplicate weapon for disarm insurance and electrifying the armor (Strike w/Aura) to make grapples a bad idea...or a ranged attack and Flight...or Super-Speed and using Move-By Attack.

And in-game, because this is supposed to be a match of skill vs. skill, not skill vs. tech.

Damn! I've been having to fight that since post 1, really. It seems almost more appropriate for your character than the official name. Sorry about that-corrected.

No worries, mate. :) I'm beginning to prefer Shadowboxer to Nightrival these days, but for I'll keep the name for now.

So, Nightrival is bruised (-1 to future Toughness saves) and has finally proven to be a threat to Shinken. His disarm check is 25, and Shinken needs an opposed roll using his Strength bonus. After you roll I'm going to use NR's movement action.

Damn! I've been having to fight that since post 1, really. It seems almost more appropriate for your character than the official name. Sorry about that-corrected.

No worries, mate. :) I'm beginning to prefer Shadowboxer to Nightrival these days, but for I'll keep the name for now.

So, Nightrival is bruised (-1 to future Toughness saves) and has finally proven to be a threat to Shinken. His disarm check is 25, and Shinken needs an opposed roll using his Strength bonus. After you roll I'm going to use NR's movement action.

Attempt at escape: 16. Not the most optimal plan, but a few seconds of panic are a typical reaction for a longer-range striker when a grappler gets in close.

Also, taking 10 on Acrobatics checks for jumping, for a standing long jump of 130 feet and a standing high jump of 77.5, as well as 10 on Stealth and Notice for 23 and 18 respectively.

Attempt at escape: 16. Not the most optimal plan, but a few seconds of panic are a typical reaction for a longer-range striker when a grappler gets in close.

Also, taking 10 on Acrobatics checks for jumping, for a standing long jump of 130 feet and a standing high jump of 77.5, as well as 10 on Stealth and Notice for 23 and 18 respectively.