A friendly sparring match: OOC

Toptomcat

Attempt at escape: 16. Not the most optimal plan, but a few seconds of panic are a typical reaction for a longer-range striker when a grappler gets in close.

Also, taking 10 on Acrobatics checks for jumping, for a standing long jump of 130 feet and a standing high jump of 77.5, as well as 10 on Stealth and Notice for 23 and 18 respectively.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disarming is not really a grapple, so Shinken is free to disengage without a grapple check. If the character attempting the disarm is not holding a weapon, then the opponent's weapon falls into the disarmer's hand. Also, it's still my turn (I still have a move action) but I'll ignore it to maintain the game's momentum. My next post will be a new round. :)

Is Shinken attempting to hide with a Stealth check?

Disarming is not really a grapple, so Shinken is free to disengage without a grapple check. If the character attempting the disarm is not holding a weapon, then the opponent's weapon falls into the disarmer's hand. Also, it's still my turn (I still have a move action) but I'll ignore it to maintain the game's momentum. My next post will be a new round. :)

Ah, I gotcha. I rolled a Notice check anyway, just for laughs.

I'm sorry, from the description I thought it was somehow a grappling disarm.

Not a problem! :) I suppose it's more for flavour than just to satisfy game mechanics - I had an action in my head I wanted to try out. Frankly, Shinken is a monster with that sword. I figured Nightrival's priority would be to seperate Shinken from it.

Not a problem! :) I suppose it's more for flavour than just to satisfy game mechanics - I had an action in my head I wanted to try out. Frankly, Shinken is a monster with that sword. I figured Nightrival's priority would be to seperate Shinken from it.

My favourite line: "Hey, look- drug dealers! Let's go beat 'em up!" HAHA!

I know, the "bumping into suspects" scene is not the most sophisticated, but I wanted to keep the story rolling. It would make sense for Nightrival to generalize things, and Shinken to step back and think the situation through.

And it looks like I finally tag you: the Damage DC is 21.

I know, the "bumping into suspects" scene is not the most sophisticated, but I wanted to keep the story rolling. It would make sense for Nightrival to generalize things, and Shinken to step back and think the situation through.

Shinken failed the damage save, and is now Bruised. Another failure at Shapeshifting- next round I'll try something else.

In storyline 2, Shapeshift is set to:

4 extra ranks of Acrobatics

8 of Stealth

8 of Notice

Darkvision

Direction sense

Infravision

Extended, Accurate, Acute, Analytical Scent

Tracking

Super-movement 1: Slow Fall

Leaping 2

Also, I make a number of assumptions about the nature of Zoom that seem reasonable to me, but should probably be OK'd by a Ref- particularly that inference about cost. Any drug sophisticated enough to grant temporary super-powers has got to have something strange going on on the manufacturing and distribution end. If one GM or another is willing to help us run it, this could be the start of something big.

Shinken failed the damage save, and is now Bruised. Another failure at Shapeshifting- next round I'll try something else.

8 of Stealth

8 of Notice

Darkvision

Direction sense

Infravision

Tracking

Leaping 2

Also, I make a number of assumptions about the nature of Zoom that seem reasonable to me, but should probably be OK'd by a Ref- particularly that inference about cost. Any drug sophisticated enough to grant temporary super-powers has got to have something strange going on on the manufacturing and distribution end. If one GM or another is willing to help us run it, this could be the start of something big.

8 of Stealth

8 of Notice

Darkvision

Direction sense

Infravision

Tracking

Leaping 2

Not having been Bruised but for once, and being a rather well-armored dude, Shinken's Toughness save is actually +9.

Bokken are wooden practise swords designed to emulate a katana; I'm treating them as clubs for damage purposes and katana for purposes of Weapon Specialization...making me competitive again, but still dinimished by an offensive Power Level or two. That's subject to overruling by Heridfel, of course, but I thought it was fair.

Taking 10 for Stealth again in the drug-dealing storyline.

Not having been Bruised but for once, and being a rather well-armored dude, Shinken's Toughness save is actually +9.

Bokken are wooden practise swords designed to emulate a katana; I'm treating them as clubs for damage purposes and katana for purposes of Weapon Specialization...making me competitive again, but still dinimished by an offensive Power Level or two. That's subject to overruling by Heridfel, of course, but I thought it was fair.