The Quicker You Start, The Quicker You'll Finish (OOC)

MBCE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skill Mastery in Notice and Stealth, 25 and 27 respectively. Would this scouting/planning qualify me to use Master Plan?

It depends on how long you plan on watching the place I would think. Also, it would most likely mean what kind of plan you come with. What you've listed so far I think is fairly good execpt I haven't given you the information on what you find. Once I give you that information, you can give a general plan simliar to what you posted already. That would work for MAster Plan I think.

Before I process your last action, I'd like to clear the air on how I'll be running the thread. Please let me know how you feel about any of these whether you dislike them or not. This is your thread and I am here to simply to make it interesting for you.

Okay. Arrowhawk makes the masterplan and will recieve a +2 bonus on all skill checks and attack rolls once you call for 3 rounds when you call for it. Just let me know when you're going to start using it.

As for actions, I will assume you are taking 10 on your skill mastery skills unless you give me a roll for them. So, in that first post, you have him running "forward as quietly as he could". He will take the -5 penalty on the skill as you put "run" in your sentence. Is that acceptable? If not then I'll assume that he is moving at half speed whenever you say he is trying to use the stealth skill.

In combat, I'll list the toughness and saves of all minions. You can roll their results yourself and include the information in your post. It will speed things up greatly. Major people that you fight, I will roll their toughness and saves so try to leave your posts open for results. I'll let you know here if they are normal or not. I will also list the DEF for all NPCS so that you will know in advance whether you hit or not.

If there is anything special you would like to see happen in this thread let me know here so that I can see about incorperating it into the story.

As soon as I get your opinion on the above, I'll advance the story line.

Okay. Arrowhawk makes the masterplan and will recieve a +2 bonus on all skill checks and attack rolls once you call for 3 rounds when you call for it. Just let me know when you're going to start using it.

Cool. That'll probably be as soon as resistance is encountered.

As for actions, I will assume you are taking 10 on your skill mastery skills unless you give me a roll for them. So, in that first post, you have him running "forward as quietly as he could". He will take the -5 penalty on the skill as you put "run" in your sentence. Is that acceptable? If not then I'll assume that he is moving at half speed whenever you say he is trying to use the stealth skill.

Yep, the plan requires some urgency so he won't be moving at half speed, so if he is I'll try to indicate clearly that he's not moving at full speed.

In combat, I'll list the toughness and saves of all minions. You can roll their results yourself and include the information in your post. It will speed things up greatly. Major people that you fight, I will roll their toughness and saves so try to leave your posts open for results. I'll let you know here if they are normal or not. I will also list the DEF for all NPCS so that you will know in advance whether you hit or not.

Yeah, I've no problem with that.

If there is anything special you would like to see happen in this thread let me know here so that I can see about incorperating it into the story.

Nothing particularly special, I'm just looking for a source of plothooks by stirring up the mob.

As soon as I get your opinion on the above, I'll advance the story line.

Thanks.

General Luck roll High is good (1d20=2)

Initi: South/north (1d20+3=15, 1d20+3=20)

South men (x2): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4

North men (x3): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4

All five men are minions so you can roll toughness for them. They fail, they drop. The women afford the men to the south slight cover, granting +2 to their DEF. Roll initiative and place it here and if you beat the 20, then post your actions. Even if you don'T beat them, post some kind of thoughts on the situation before I post the baddies attack. The north people will be firing as they have clear shots. The south group look to be trying to move passed the women to get to Arrowhawk.

Didn't see an attack roll so I assume you took 10. REmember that only works on the minions.

Using their sense motive (+9) to resist the intimidate. Looks like you're pretty unlucky.

Sense motive vs Intimidate DC 12 (1d20+9=12, 1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=25, 1d20+9=23)

You're no longer flat footed which brings your DEf to 22. Two to the south will fire as well as the two from the north. Aiding each other. North aid/main;South aid/main (1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=17) Turns out the dice like you this time around. No one manages to hit.

COMBAT STATUS

South men (x2): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4

North men (x2): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4

Arrowhawk Master Plan +2 for 3 rounds Hero Point 1 Bruise: 0, Injury: 0

Just a note, Power attack is capped at +5 bonus to damage, not +6.

COMBAT STATUS

20ft from Arrowhawk

North men (x1): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4

15ft from Arrowhawk 5ft from the northern door he's guarding

Arrowhawk needs to make a DC 20 Toughness save against the bullet. Minions can't critical which is good for him :D

The south two men are right next to Arrowhawk, which will limit his ability to fire cleanly. He'll take a -2 on attack against either of the southern men, but have normal attack against the north man.

COMBAT STATUS

South men (x2): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4 Grapple +5

adjecent to Arrowhawk

North men (x1): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4

15ft from Arrowhawk 5ft from the northern door he's guarding

It happens. Remember, you have your hero point and your master plan still to play out.

Arrowhawk managed to avoid damage this time around, but he better drop these clowns quick before reinforcements arrive.

COMBAT STATUS

South men (x2): Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4 Grapple +5

adjecent to Arrowhawk

7ft from Arrowhawk 5ft from the northern door he's guarding

Arrowhawk Master Plan +2 for 3 rounds Hero Point 1 Bruise: 1, Injured: 1

The room is a nice size. Teh desk withthe computer is in the center and along the right side of the room, is a number of book cases. He just catches the bookcases closing together when the two remaining guards crash in behind him.

COMBAT STATUS

adjecent to Arrowhawk

Well, that might be possible for later. Gives Ronin something to do.

COMBAT STATUS

South man: Def +6 (+2Flat footed) Toughness +3(+1ff) F:4, R:9, W:6 Damage +5 Attack +4 Grapple +5

Has +4 DEF due to cover.

For some reason I thought the title was "The Quiver you start, the Quiver you finish" Well if your guy succeeds in this thread maybe the mobsters will pay Ronin to get some payback or maybe to protect thier backs on the next one.

Ach, he'd take him out easily.

Anyway, taking 10 I get a 25 to Notice some way in. Otherwise, I'll need to waste time searching.

COMBAT STATS

Super Solider found in Archetype Archives 1

Attack +12 Damage +8 electricity, Def +10, Tough +10

Arrowhawk Master Plan +2 for 1 rounds Hero Point 1 Bruise: 1, Injured: 1

Arrowhawk init 26

Electric man init 18

Arrowhawk gets to attack again now.