Forceful Ops [OOC]

Dr Archeville

Attack is a Power Attack and All-Out Attack for two. It's pretty low, but presumably catches Grab off-guard, and so I won't give up hope on it. Additionally, the Gather Information for Well-Informed on Grab is 18, and on Red Star is 15: note that the descriptors for this involve Shinken's suit querying a database of notable personages in Freedom City and automatically providing him with dossiers in a heads-up display whenever he encounters them.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So net modifier is -2 Defense, +2 damage?

Is the strike the katana (lethal) or bokken (nonlethal), or the plasma-blade?

Shinken knows Red Star is a popular up-and-coming star, who landed an endorsement deal with a sporting goods company & filmed a quasi-famous commercial where he threw a football the length of the field and caught it himself.

Shinken knows Grab is a member of Larceny, Inc., a quarter of superpowered thieves and ne'er-do-wells; all gained thei powers from the same source but you don't know who/what/how. Even before she gained her powers she had a rap sheet a mile long for all the con games she'd played & pockets she'd picked.

End of Round Recap

Characters & Conditions

Arrowhawk (Ecalsneerg) -- Full Health -- 0 HP

Divine (Moira) -- Full Health -- 1 HP

Hub (Heridfel) -- Full Health -- 1 HP

Nightrival (Shadowboxer) -- Full Health -- 3 HP

Red Star (Geez3r) -- Full Health -- 0 HP

Shade (Tahotai) -- Full Health (need grapple check) -- 1 HP

Shinken (Toptomcat) -- Full Health -- 1 HP

The Spartan (Bendisgeidfran ["Bran"]) -- Bruise x1 -- 0 HP

Initiative Orders & Locations

28 - Shinken (in street w/ Grab)

22.5 - Hub (behind a movie display in the shoppe, watching)

22 - Nightrival (melee w/Smash)

19 - Arrowhawk (out front, directly in front of shoppe, aiming at Smash)

17 - Red Star (outside following Grab)

15 - Shade (---)

13 - Grab (bouncing away down the street)

10 - Assorted Bystanders (clerk + 2 patrons; Clerk is cowering behind counter, patrons near front window)

9 - The Spartan (back of shoppe, in melee with Smash)

8 - Smash (bruise x4, fatigued, staggered, unconscious; in back of shoppe)

4 - Divine (street w/ Grab)

I read "attacking her without endangering any bystanders would be very tricky" as Grab having cover from the bystanders, and attempted this strike-from-above stunt as an attempt to bypass it. Should you decide that the cover bonus remains, wholly or partially, I'll make my attack an Accurate Attack for two, making the attack a 25 rather than a 23 and letting the damage be +8 rather than +10.

Also note that any knockback will be applied downwards to avoid endangering pedestrians.