Characters & Conditions

Arrowhawk (Ecalsneerg) -- Full Health -- 0 HP

Hub (Heridfel) -- Full Health -- 1 HP

Nightrival (Shadowboxer) -- Full Health -- 3 HP

Red Star (Geez3r) -- Bruise x1 -- 0 HP

Shade (Tahotai) -- Full Health -- 1 HP

The Spartan (Bendisgeidfran ["Bran"]) -- Full Health -- 3 HP

Initiative Orders & Locations

22.5 - Hub (behind a movie display in the shoppe, watching)

22 - Nightrival (atop counter)

19 - Arrowhawk (out front, directly in front of shoppe, shooting at Rocko)

17 - Red Star (back of shoppe, in melee with Smash)

15 - Shade (just outside shoppe, blasting at Rocko & getting bystanders out)

13 - Noodly Woman (at front of shoppe, grappling clerk & going for Nightrival)

12 - Big McLargeHuge (staggered, stunned; in back of shoppe)

10 - Assorted Bystanders (clerk + 2 patrons; Clerk is grappled/pinned by stretchy woman)

9 - The Spartan (back of shoppe, in melee with Smash)

Things are looking bad for my poor villains :( ;)

Hub's Boost is pretty good. The thing for me is, it's as good as it's going to get. I intend to increase my non-power stuff from here out, with possible minor additions as powers, but not making things higher rank. I might also try Ritualist at some point, to be the mystical yin to Nightrival's physical yang. Together, we're nearly as awesome as Master Lee.

I know double posting might be bad, but I feel like I owe an explanation to that move Aristodemus used.

The trick is to use a flexed leg as a spring in order to catapult yourself towards your opponent. The top speed is approximately 40 km/hour. That's enough to break a few ribs.

But the coup de grace is the elbow strike. Having also a speed of 40 km/hour, it can cause major concussion. Topple that with Aristodemus' brute strength, Smash could be unconscious, if not dead.

So Spartan's Surging to get an extra standard action, but using one of his three HPs to counteract the fatigue from the Extra Effort. Groovy.

The Invisible Castle link says he's Power Attacking, but doesn't list by how much. (It'll need to be the same amount for both.) That's kinda important to know.

Also, Smash won't be dead, not unless you explicitly tell me Spartan's using lethal damage (as the default here is that all damage is nonlethal, unless used against targets that can't be damaged by nonlethal attacks, like objects). Is he?

You can power attack for up to 5 points, taking a penalty (of up to -5) on the attack roll to gain an equal bonus (of up to +5) on the damage.

And I am needing you -- and everyone else -- to explicitly say whether it's lethal or not because A) I don't want to write a response post where something happens the player did not intend, and B) we've actually had a player on the board who had a Spartan-esque character, who almost always used lethal damage.

Shade's attacks are nonlethal, he's trying to get a sneak attack by slipping into the shadows and attacking while invisible, and he's using all out attack for five points, and he has precise shotx2 so there isn't any penalty for shooting into melee. Damage is a base DC 21, +4 if sneak attack is factored in, with an additional +1/2 points the attack roll exceeds the targets defense for autofire.

There aren't really any big enough patches of darkness/shadow for him to do that -- it's a sunny, cloudless (late) summer afternoon, there's a good amount of sunlight streaming in from the busted-out windows (in addition to the overhead lights), and Shade's not moved very far into the store. The only spot with enough shadows for him is under the few remaining tables along the walls at the back of the store, but the shadows aren't very big, so Shade would need to make an Escape Artist check (DC 30) to squeeze himself fully into them. But Shade cannot make that DC.

He can still attack, he just cannot do so invisible & with sneak attack.

Do you wish to change his actions?

Also, in the future, could you please put info concerning attack modifiers (pertinent feats and extras, DCs, etc.) in the note field of the Invisible Castle roll? Makes thing a bit easier if it's all in one spot.