Forceful Ops

Dr Archeville

"That would probably be a good idea, yes", Shinken says cooly. Aristodemus feels something cool against his supporting leg as he completes the motion of the kick, and looks down as he retracts it to see that- despite not changing in posture or apparently moving at all- Shinken has drawn his sword and laid the flat against his Achilles tendon.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(A little tip; Don't make my character do free actions without asking me first)

Having noticing the blade at his supportive leg, Aristodemus merely gives a chuckle, and gives Shinken a pat on the shoulder. "See you around, kid." He said in fluent Japanese, despite his accent.

Then he turned to Arrowhawk. "I was only kidding really."

Then he walks away and calls for a taxi to take him to Southside.

"Are we seriously going to have to start breaking out the rulers now?" Didn't realize there were so many egos around. I'm going to have to be careful around this bunch. "So what now, we just say "thanks for the assist" and all walk away? Seems kind of anti-climatic."

"I'm doin' a'right," Nightrival replies to Shinken. "Still workin' th' Southside. Nah, these guys ain't wit' me. I'm - "

He's suddenly interrupted by a numerous events occuring at the same time. Red Star soars into the sky and then returns, leaving Nightrival bewildered. Spartan demonstrates his prowess to the others and Nightrival steps back and waits to see if he needs to intervene. Luckily, Arrowhawk has the situation under control. When the scene finally cools down, he turns to the group.

"I'm glad ya asked, Red Star. Shinken hit upon an idea I've been workin' on fer awhile. Ya see, th' crooks in this town are workin' together these days, so I figured th' good guys should do th' same thing. I gotta a team but our numbers are small at th' moment, and seein' tha' ya guys can work together - some of ya, anyway - ya'll fit th' bill. I already asked Arrowhawk an' Spartan, so I'm gonna ask th' rest of ya: if yer interested, do ya wanna hook up wit' our crew?"

Red Star looks utterly stunned, like he just got thw wind knocked out of him, but in the good way. "Are you serious?" he asks breathlessly, in utter disbelief. "Like actually work along side of you. Like legit? ... Seriously?"

"Woah."

Red Star seemingly stumbles back a foot or two and braces himself against a wall, almost literally floored by the proposition. He looks back at Nightrival with a gigantic smile on his face saying "Yeah. Umm, yeah. I'd love to. Like more than anything." Now that he has gotten over the shock, he seems to be fighting back the urge to jump in the air and scream "Wooo-Hoo!"

Nightrival grins as he watches Red Star's reaction, and he's glad that the hero is delighted at the prospect of being on the team. With his popularity and powers, Nightrival wasn't sure if he would accept his offer. He hopes the hero doesn't fly away again in his excitment before giving him an answer. When he feels he can speak again, he continues.

"I am serious. I mean, we ain't no Freedom League but if we work together there ain't nothin' we can do. We can use someone wit' yer abilities, and I'm glad ta have ya on th' team. Wha' 'bout th' rest of ya?"

"That sounds like it could work quite well, Nightrival. You've impressed me with your skill, spirit and professionalism: it'd be a privilege to work with you."

Shinken watches the STAR van zoom by.

"Speaking of professionalism- let me go give the police a few of the particulars, then I'll meet you back here. There's nothing more irritating than seeing a supercriminal being out of Buckner Ridge on bail a month after you thrashed them the last time because you couldn't be bothered to give a few salient details. What record store was it that you said she robbed?"

"I'm glad ta 'ear it, Shinken," replies Nightrival. "Ya'd be an asset ta th' group. 'Sides, I'd fight 'side anyone who can mop th' floor wit' me any day," he adds with a chuckle.

Nightrival watches the STAR unit soar past them. "Well, it's 'bout time those guys decided ta show up. I'll come wit' ya, Shinken. I wanna check out that store for a sec."

• 3 weeks later...

The STAR Squad carts both Smash and Grab away. The senior officer on board, Lt. Michael Barr, thanked Arrowstar, Shinken, and any others who stayed around personally. "Thanks, folks. Capt. Maddicks wouldn't say it, but we're glad for any help in cases like this. Can I, er, get your names and numbers, in case we need to contact you?"

Shortly after talking to Lt. Barr, the media presses in, eager to interview the new (or in Nighthawk, Red Star, and Shinken's cases, not-so-new) heroes.

Before going their separate ways, the heroes who are so inclined either exchange contact info there, or arrange to meet at some later date to exchange contact info.

~fin~