Uninverted - Army - PL 6 Hero

1) The combat section is a little off. It looks like you got 6 ranks of attack and defense, which is 24 pp, not 12.

Oops.

2) There's no feat spent on equipment, but you have a +5 flak jacket bought with equipment points.

"Flak Jacket" in this case is the same as calling Blast "Laser Eyes"

3) +5 is a bit beyond what equipment can do. The highest Protection listed in the equipment section (p. 141) is +4. That's also what the Soldier NPC uses, so if you want to base off that, you'd have to lower the equipment bonus by 1.

See 2

4) You can't buy up your Toughness save directly, which is what it looks like you did there. However, the easy way around this is to move that pp and one of the pp you spent on increasing your Fortitude save to your Constitution. With Constitution 12, you get the same effect as increasing the saves, and a small benefit of healing a little faster.

I think you're talking about Defensive Roll.

5) As it stands, you can't get a benefit from Sneak Attack, since you're already hitting your PL's cap for attack/damage (a total of +12). I'd remove these feats.

Alright, I'll go do that.

6) You're currently spending 11 pp on feats, but you only have 9 pp listed at the bottom.

I'll fix that

7) You may want one of your skill ranks to be Knowledge (tactics), based on your army training. That way, you can use it as trained.

Good idea.

8) Your powers are Duplicate 6 with the Progression power feat, which costs 13 pp, and your Weapon array, which is 22 pp. This totals to 35 pp, not 45. That'll help compensate for the extra 12 pp spent up in the Combat section and the 2 pp in feats.

I'm going to add Impervious to the Protection to get the "Immune to Bullets" effect of flak jackets from the comics a little better.

One last note: By the way you wrote up your character, David can summon his weapons out of nowhere. You might want to add something in your history about that being part of his powers as well, but that's a minor nit. I didn't approve you because I didn't know if you wanted to take my suggestions. If you're ok with them, then I'll approve you.

That's just the "Coat that's way bigger on the inside than the outside" thing.

1) The combat section is a little off. It looks like you got 6 ranks of attack and defense, which is 24 pp, not 12.

Oops.

2) There's no feat spent on equipment, but you have a +5 flak jacket bought with equipment points.

"Flak Jacket" in this case is the same as calling Blast "Laser Eyes"

3) +5 is a bit beyond what equipment can do. The highest Protection listed in the equipment section (p. 141) is +4. That's also what the Soldier NPC uses, so if you want to base off that, you'd have to lower the equipment bonus by 1.

See 2

4) You can't buy up your Toughness save directly, which is what it looks like you did there. However, the easy way around this is to move that pp and one of the pp you spent on increasing your Fortitude save to your Constitution. With Constitution 12, you get the same effect as increasing the saves, and a small benefit of healing a little faster.

I think you're talking about Defensive Roll.

5) As it stands, you can't get a benefit from Sneak Attack, since you're already hitting your PL's cap for attack/damage (a total of +12). I'd remove these feats.

Alright, I'll go do that.

6) You're currently spending 11 pp on feats, but you only have 9 pp listed at the bottom.

I'll fix that

7) You may want one of your skill ranks to be Knowledge (tactics), based on your army training. That way, you can use it as trained.

Good idea.

8) Your powers are Duplicate 6 with the Progression power feat, which costs 13 pp, and your Weapon array, which is 22 pp. This totals to 35 pp, not 45. That'll help compensate for the extra 12 pp spent up in the Combat section and the 2 pp in feats.

I'm going to add Impervious to the Protection to get the "Immune to Bullets" effect of flak jackets from the comics a little better.

One last note: By the way you wrote up your character, David can summon his weapons out of nowhere. You might want to add something in your history about that being part of his powers as well, but that's a minor nit. I didn't approve you because I didn't know if you wanted to take my suggestions. If you're ok with them, then I'll approve you.

That's just the "Coat that's way bigger on the inside than the outside" thing.

If you're making Flak Jacket a power, I'd prefer you call it a Device or change the name. I get confused when you have a power named after equipment that can't be stolen or removed.

Tomorrow, you're right about the equipment Toughness maximum. I tend to use the main book's suggestion about realistic archaic armor when GMing (because it doesn't make sense to me that full plate is better at protecting people than a combat vest), but we haven't stated that we're going to use that, so full plate works.

You're currently spending 44 points on powers (35 as before, another 10 for Impervious Protection 5, and getting one back from the Weak Point). You need to spend 4 fewer pp before you can get approved.

If you're making Flak Jacket a power, I'd prefer you call it a Device or change the name. I get confused when you have a power named after equipment that can't be stolen or removed.

Tomorrow, you're right about the equipment Toughness maximum. I tend to use the main book's suggestion about realistic archaic armor when GMing (because it doesn't make sense to me that full plate is better at protecting people than a combat vest), but we haven't stated that we're going to use that, so full plate works.

You're currently spending 44 points on powers (35 as before, another 10 for Impervious Protection 5, and getting one back from the Weak Point). You need to spend 4 fewer pp before you can get approved.

Cost: Ability 4 + Combat 16 (see #1 below) + Saves 14 + Skills 2 + Feats 13 + Powers (13 + 22 + 8) 43 (see #2 below) – Drawbacks 0 = 92 PPs.

1. You have a math error on your combat totals: Attack +2, Defense +6 = 16 PPs not 12PPs.

2. Once you made your protection a device, you only have 43 PPs in powers not 45 PPs.

You are 2 PPs over by my count. You can scale back somewhere or add 2 pts worth of drawbacks to even things out.

Cost: Ability 4 + Combat 16 (see #1 below) + Saves 14 + Skills 2 + Feats 13 + Powers (13 + 22 + 8) 43 (see #2 below) – Drawbacks 0 = 92 PPs.

1. You have a math error on your combat totals: Attack +2, Defense +6 = 16 PPs not 12PPs.

2. Once you made your protection a device, you only have 43 PPs in powers not 45 PPs.

You are 2 PPs over by my count. You can scale back somewhere or add 2 pts worth of drawbacks to even things out.

• 3 weeks later...