Power Level: 6

Characters Name: Army

Alternate Identity: David Delern

Height: 6'4''

Weight: 184

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Description: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/B ... tled-3.jpg

History: David Delern grew up dirt-poor in Southside. He was beat up all the time, and wasn’t big or strong enough to defend himself. But he did have great aim. Whether it was rocks, trash, or anything else that was available, it was soon flying at whoever bothered him. When he got a BB gun one Christmas, he spent all his time shooting at old cans and the occasional window of an abandoned house. Everyone pretty much left him alone after that.

David’s family lived on the bottom floor of a cheap big-house-turned-apartment, essentially the basement. Within a few year of moving into his own house, he learned that during his childhood, he had been breathing huge levels of radon. But thanks to a minor mutation in his immune system, he got a superpower instead of a disease. He didn’t care how it worked. All he cared was that now he could be three people. Three very deadly people.

David soon began putting his power to use. He became a soldier of fortune, working for the highest bidder. Soon he had a large collection of firearms, both from gifts and purchase. Tired of fighting for things he really didn’t care about, and seeing no other real use for his possessions and powers, he began cleaning up the streets.

Stats:

Str: 10 (0)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 10 (0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (0)

BAB: +2

BDB: +6

Initiative: +2

Saves:

Toughness: +6

Fortitude: +5

Reflex: +6

Will: +5

Feats: Improved Aim, All-Out Attack, Precise Shot, Defensive Roll, Accurate Attack, Evasion, Teamwork, Attack Focus (Ranged) x4

Skills: Gather Information 2, Bluff 2, Sense Motive 2, Knowledge (Tactics) 2

Powers:

Duplication 6 (Progression x1)

Weapon Summoning 9 (Power Feats: Alternate Powers 4)

Base Power - Grenades, Blast 6 (Explosion)

Alternate Power - Tranquilizer, Paralyze 6 (Alternate Save (Fortitude), Ranged)

Alternate Power - Smoke Bomb, Visual and Olfactory Obscure 4 (Independent, Slow Fade)

Alternate Power - Machine Gun, Blast 6 (Extra: Autofire)

Alternate Power - Shotgun, Blast 6 (Penetrating, Knockback x2, Range reduced to 2 RI)

Flak Jacket, Hard to Lose Device 2

Impervious Protection 5

Costs: Abilities (4) + Combat (16) + Saves (14) + Feats (11) + Skills (2) + Powers (43)

= 90

Note: I'm not sure whether or not the bonuses/penalties from multiple covering fires/suppressing fires stack. Do they?

Players Name: Uninverted

History: David Delern grew up dirt-poor in Southside. He was beat up all the time, and wasn’t big or strong enough to defend himself. But he did have great aim. Whether it was rocks, trash, or anything else that was available, it was soon flying at whoever bothered him. When he got a BB gun one Christmas, he spent all his time shooting at old cans and the occasional window of an abandoned house. Everyone pretty much left him alone after that.

David’s family lived on the bottom floor of a cheap big-house-turned-apartment, essentially the basement. Within a few year of moving into his own house, he learned that during his childhood, he had been breathing huge levels of radon. But thanks to a minor mutation in his immune system, he got a superpower instead of a disease. He didn’t care how it worked. All he cared was that now he could be three people. Three very deadly people.

David soon began putting his power to use. He became a soldier of fortune, working for the highest bidder. Soon he had a large collection of firearms, both from gifts and purchase. Tired of fighting for things he really didn’t care about, and seeing no other real use for his possessions and powers, he began cleaning up the streets.

Stats:

Saves:

Feats: Improved Aim, All-Out Attack, Precise Shot, Defensive Roll, Accurate Attack, Evasion, Teamwork, Attack Focus (Ranged) x4

Powers:

Alternate Power - Smoke Bomb, Visual and Olfactory Obscure 4 (Independent, Slow Fade)

Alternate Power - Shotgun, Blast 6 (Penetrating, Knockback x2, Range reduced to 2 RI)

Impervious Protection 5

Costs: Abilities (4) + Combat (16) + Saves (14) + Feats (11) + Skills (2) + Powers (43)

= 90

Note: I'm not sure whether or not the bonuses/penalties from multiple covering fires/suppressing fires stack. Do they?

Players Name: Uninverted

Stats:

Saves:

Powers:

Impervious Protection 5

= 90

The core book says: "Each character after the first who lays down suppression fire for the same target imposes an additional -1 penalty." Same for Covering Fire (except its +1 instead of -1 :D ). So . . . yes and no.

Cost: Ability -6 + Combat 8 + Saves 6 + Skills 0 + Feats 9 + Powers (22 + 3) 25 - Drawbacks 0 = 42 PPs.

1. I'm confused with what's going on here:

Weapon Summoning 22

Shotgun, Blast 6 (Range reduced to 1/4)

Machine Gun, Autofire Blast 5

Grenades, Blast 6 (Area: Explosion)

Smoke Bomb, Visual Obscure 3

Tranquilizer, Paralyze 6 (Alternate Save: Fortitude)

First, the individual costs:

Shotgun, Blast 6 [Drawback] - 10 PPs.

Machine Gun, Blast 5 [Extra] - 15 PPs.

Grenades, Blast 6 [Area] - 18 PPs.

Smoke Bomb, Visual Obscure 3 [2 PPs per rank, 25' radius] - 6 PPs.

Tranquilizer, Paralyze 6 [Extra] - 12 PPs (note: Paralyze is Range: Touch. It will cost 18 PPs if you make it Ranged).

So, since Weapon Summon is a variable array, you pay full price for the most expensive weapon, and all the others are bought at Alternate Powers. So this would look like:

Weapon Summoning 9 [Power Feats: Alternate Powers 4]

Base Power - Grenades, Blast 6 [Area]

Alternate Power - Tranquilizer, Paralyze 6 [Extra]

Alternate Power - Smoke Bomb, Visual Obscure 3 [2 PPs per rank, 25' radius]

Alternate Power - Machine Gun, Blast 5 [Extra]

Alternate Power - Shotgun, Blast 6 [Drawback]

Cost - 22 PPs

Make sense?

2. You have no skills. That may be by design, but I thought it worth mentioning.

The core book says: "Each character after the first who lays down suppression fire for the same target imposes an additional -1 penalty." Same for Covering Fire (except its +1 instead of -1 :D ). So . . . yes and no.

Cost: Ability -6 + Combat 8 + Saves 6 + Skills 0 + Feats 9 + Powers (22 + 3) 25 - Drawbacks 0 = 42 PPs.

Weapon Summoning 22

Tranquilizer, Paralyze 6 [Extra] - 12 PPs (note: Paralyze is Range: Touch. It will cost 18 PPs if you make it Ranged).

So, since Weapon Summon is a variable array, you pay full price for the most expensive weapon, and all the others are bought at Alternate Powers. So this would look like:

Cost - 22 PPs

Make sense?

2. You have no skills. That may be by design, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Weapon Summoning 22

Cost - 22 PPs

Make sense?

WARNING: Unsolicited advice. If not wanted please ignore!

A slightly more optimized (w/o being a twink) version of the array;

Alternate Power - Tranquilizer, Paralyze 6 [Extras]

Alternate Power - Smoke Bomb, Visual and Olfactory Obscure 4 [50' radius, Extra: Independent, Power Feat: Split Attack, Slow Fade]

Alternate Power - Machine Gun, Blast 6 [Extra]

Alternate Power - Shotgun, Blast 6 [Extra]

Cost - 22 PPs

Independent really models a thrown smoke bomb fairly well or else when you switched weapons the smoke would disappear!.

Split attack gives you a bit more versatility for battlefield control. (One 50 foot radius or Two 10 foot radius or One 5 foot and One 25 foot)

Knockback and Penetrating on the Shotgun represents what you see shotguns doing in movies and comics over other guns.

Interestingly enough your guy is shown with a pistol but cannot create one w/o extra effort. ;)

Alternate Power - Smoke Bomb, Visual and Olfactory Obscure 4 [50' radius, Extra: Independent, Power Feat: Split Attack, Slow Fade]

Cost - 22 PPs

Independent really models a thrown smoke bomb fairly well or else when you switched weapons the smoke would disappear!.

Split attack gives you a bit more versatility for battlefield control. (One 50 foot radius or Two 10 foot radius or One 5 foot and One 25 foot)

Knockback and Penetrating on the Shotgun represents what you see shotguns doing in movies and comics over other guns.

Interestingly enough your guy is shown with a pistol but cannot create one w/o extra effort. ;)

Cost - 22 PPs

Alright, adding up the points, I see that you've edited since Barnum looked over it. It looks greatly improved, but there are a few discrepancies.

1) The combat section is a little off. It looks like you got 6 ranks of attack and defense, which is 24 pp, not 12.

2) There's no feat spent on equipment, but you have a +5 flak jacket bought with equipment points.

3) +5 is a bit beyond what equipment can do. The highest Protection listed in the equipment section (p. 141) is +4. That's also what the Soldier NPC uses, so if you want to base off that, you'd have to lower the equipment bonus by 1.

4) You can't buy up your Toughness save directly, which is what it looks like you did there. However, the easy way around this is to move that pp and one of the pp you spent on increasing your Fortitude save to your Constitution. With Constitution 12, you get the same effect as increasing the saves, and a small benefit of healing a little faster.

5) As it stands, you can't get a benefit from Sneak Attack, since you're already hitting your PL's cap for attack/damage (a total of +12). I'd remove these feats.

6) You're currently spending 11 pp on feats, but you only have 9 pp listed at the bottom.

7) You may want one of your skill ranks to be Knowledge (tactics), based on your army training. That way, you can use it as trained.

8) Your powers are Duplicate 6 with the Progression power feat, which costs 13 pp, and your Weapon array, which is 22 pp. This totals to 35 pp, not 45. That'll help compensate for the extra 12 pp spent up in the Combat section and the 2 pp in feats.

Overall, here are the changes I suggest:

Increase Constitution to 12.

Reduce BAB to +4.

Remove Sneak Attack 2, and add Equipment 1 and Attack Focus 2 (ranged).

Change your equipment to a tactical vest and spend an extra equipment point on something like a cell phone or a multitool.

Correct the pp spent section as follows:

Attributes 8, Combat 20, Saves 14, Feats 12, Skills 1, Powers 35.

One last note: By the way you wrote up your character, David can summon his weapons out of nowhere. You might want to add something in your history about that being part of his powers as well, but that's a minor nit. I didn't approve you because I didn't know if you wanted to take my suggestions. If you're ok with them, then I'll approve you.

Alright, adding up the points, I see that you've edited since Barnum looked over it. It looks greatly improved, but there are a few discrepancies.

1) The combat section is a little off. It looks like you got 6 ranks of attack and defense, which is 24 pp, not 12.

2) There's no feat spent on equipment, but you have a +5 flak jacket bought with equipment points.

3) +5 is a bit beyond what equipment can do. The highest Protection listed in the equipment section (p. 141) is +4. That's also what the Soldier NPC uses, so if you want to base off that, you'd have to lower the equipment bonus by 1.

4) You can't buy up your Toughness save directly, which is what it looks like you did there. However, the easy way around this is to move that pp and one of the pp you spent on increasing your Fortitude save to your Constitution. With Constitution 12, you get the same effect as increasing the saves, and a small benefit of healing a little faster.

5) As it stands, you can't get a benefit from Sneak Attack, since you're already hitting your PL's cap for attack/damage (a total of +12). I'd remove these feats.

6) You're currently spending 11 pp on feats, but you only have 9 pp listed at the bottom.

7) You may want one of your skill ranks to be Knowledge (tactics), based on your army training. That way, you can use it as trained.

8) Your powers are Duplicate 6 with the Progression power feat, which costs 13 pp, and your Weapon array, which is 22 pp. This totals to 35 pp, not 45. That'll help compensate for the extra 12 pp spent up in the Combat section and the 2 pp in feats.

Reduce BAB to +4.

Change your equipment to a tactical vest and spend an extra equipment point on something like a cell phone or a multitool.

One last note: By the way you wrote up your character, David can summon his weapons out of nowhere. You might want to add something in your history about that being part of his powers as well, but that's a minor nit. I didn't approve you because I didn't know if you wanted to take my suggestions. If you're ok with them, then I'll approve you.

Reduce BAB to +4.

Oops.

"Flak Jacket" in this case is the same as calling Blast "Laser Eyes"

See 2

I think you're talking about Defensive Roll.

Alright, I'll go do that.

I'll fix that

Good idea.

I'm going to add Impervious to the Protection to get the "Immune to Bullets" effect of flak jackets from the comics a little better.

That's just the "Coat that's way bigger on the inside than the outside" thing.