Lady Ionica - Angelica - PL 10

I don't know if this one is better, it's using a lot of the same things, but doesn't have an alternate form and is actually even more Wonder Man'y. The background was changed and made less dark and more fluffy. Her powers are now far more simple, with only a couple of alternate powers. This was actually my first draft, before I thought up how cool an energy form would be.

Players Name: Angelica

Power Level: 10 (156 PP)

Unspent PP: 6

Characters Name: Lady Ionica

Alternate Identity: Lucy Hewitt

Height: 5'9

Weight: 120 lbs

Hair: A mix of blue and blond

Eyes: Glowing Red

Common description: A rather attractive woman with glowing red eyes and a hair which is both blue and blonde. Her age is somewhere in the mid teens, perhaps 16 or 17. On her upper body she has a V tank top, with half being blue, while the rest is yellow. On this tank top is the symbol of a red lightning bolt. Around her waist she has what appears to be a belt made out of lightning, similar to the lightning on her chest. She wears a short skirt and her legs are otherwise bare. On her feet she wears a pair of blue and red boots.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6914/ionicawb1.jpg

History:

Lucy's father left before she was even born, perhaps he never even knew that he was about to become a father. And Lucy's mother was only 15 when she became pregnant and definitely unable to handle the pressures for being an only mother. It didn't really help that Lucy's grandparents were deeply religious and had kicked their daughter out of the house.

Lucy's childhood was not pleasant. Her mother was more busy with drowning her sorrows in alcohol, than taking care of a child. It was also for this reason that Lucy hardly ever went to school. She was being teased for her ratty and smelly clothes and therefore preferred to stay away and it's not like Lucy's mother said anything to it, she was too busy drinking her brains out.

At the age of 9 Lucy became an orphan, her mother's liver couldn't handle the heavy drinking. And without any social network behind her and no relatives wanting to acknowledge her, she ended up in an orphanage, though she fled after only a couple of weeks, after a fight with some of the other orphans. It was at this point she first became homeless.

For the next years Lucy lived on the street, learning how to steal and beg. Until she was caught stealing at the age of 13 and ended up in juvenile hall. But like the orphanage she hated it and together with a few others, she was able to flee.

Recently Lucy was a bystander to a fight between the White Knight and some unknown hero, when she was digging through some trash in a container just outside ASTRO LABS, hoping to find some spare parts or anything else of value, so she could sell it and get a meal. Suddenly she found herself flying, as the White Knight had picked it up. The hero evaded and then heavy metal container crashed through the wall into ASTRO. And Lucy was catapulted out of it, directly into the rays of some experimental ion generator. And then everything blacked out.

When she woke up she found herself in a hospital bed, but knowing the costs of being in such a place, she tried to remove the monitoring equipment, only to find herself slinging it across the room, for the first time discovering her powers. She snuck out in the confusion after that and returned to the streets.

Over the last couple of weeks she has come to realize just how much the event changed her. She's incredibly strong, capable of flight, can create lightning bolts and that's only the beginning. Her body is a limitless battery, making her regenerate from injuries, yes, even death. At first she thought of using this to steal, but then after not growing hungry after a couple of days, she realized that she did not need food or water, not even air, so the need for thievery wasn't really necessary.

Becoming a heroine was actually more of an accident than anything she planned. She jumped in and stopped a mad driver, who was chased by the police, just before he was about to hit a group of children. As she realized just how good it made her feel inside, a warmth and joy she hadn't felt before, Lucy made up her mind, she wanted to become a heroine.

While most don't notice it, her costume is actually made of trash, stitched together from various outfits that people have discarded and has no use for either.

Complications: Criminal Record (juvenile offender), Dislike (White Knight), Minor (age 16), not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed

Stats: 0pp

Str: 8/36 (-1/+13)

Dex: 16 (+6)

Con: 10/36 (+0/+13)

Int: 8 (-1)

Wis: 8 (-1)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 12pp

Attack: +3, +5 w/Blast, +6 melee

Grapple: +20, +29 with Super-Strength

Defense: +6 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -12

Initiative: +3

Saves: 8pp

Toughness: +13 (+13 Con, +0 other) [impervious 10]

Fortitude: +13 (+13 Con, +0 other)

Reflex: +3 (+3 Dex, +0 other)

Will: +7 (-1 Wis, +8 other)

Skills: 16r = 4pp

Acrobatics 4 (+7)

Bluff 4 (+0)

Notice 4 (+3)

Slight of Hand 4 (+7)

Feats: 6pp

Dodge Focus 3

Attack Focus (melee) 3

Powers: 123pp

Enhanced Constitution 26 (Extra: Impervious Toughness 10) [36 PP]

Enhanced Strength 28 (Power Feat: 1 Alternate Power) [29 PP]

AP: Electrical Control 13 (Power feats: Accurate, Precise)

Immunities 18 (aging, electricity damage, life support, sleep, sustenance) [18 PP]

Regeneration 13 (Bruised 1/round [1], Unconscious 1/round [1], Injured 1/minutes [3], Staggered 1/minutes [3], Disabled 1/hour [2], Ability Damage 1/hour [2], Resurrection 1/week [1], Extra: True Resurrection 1; Power Feats: Regrowth, Persistent) [16 PP]

Super-Strength 10 (effective Str 88 at max; Power Feat: Dynamic, Shockwave, 1 Dynamic Alternate Power) [24 PP]

DAP: Flight 9 (ionic propulsion)

Drawbacks: 3pp

Illiterate (uncommon, minor, -1)

Destitute and Homeless (Wealth 0; common, minor, -2)

DC Block

ATTACKS - SAVE DC - DAMAGE TYPE

Unarmed - DC 28/Toughness - Bruise (blunt damage)

Electrical Control - 28/Toughness - Injury (Electrical damage)

Costs: Abilities (0) + Combat (12) + Saves (08) + Skills (4) + Feats (6) + Powers (123) - Drawbacks (3) = Total Cost 150

Welcome to Freedom City play-by-post! I would ask you to introduce yourself in the "Secret Identities" thread, but I see you've already done so!

Background and story seem fine, though a touch grimmer and anti-hero-ier than we're used to.

Stats overall look good, too, very Wonder Man-y. I do see a few things wrong with her stats, though:

* Having a Wealth of +0 (homeless, owns nothing) is actually a 2-point Drawback, not just a Complication.

* Please edit her Combat block so it says "Attack: +3, +5 w/ Electrical Control, +6 melee". Yes, I do see that hose are in the DC Block, but we prefer to keep al the attack modifiers in the same place.

* If she can only switch between her Insubstantial Energy Form and her Solid Energy Form (and nothing else), her Str should be brought down to --- (-10pp). Which may mean increasing the amount of Enhanced Strength her Solid Energy Form grants.

* I'm not sure about the Permanent on her Insubstantial. It sounds like she should have the"can revert to solid as a free action and sustained duration" extra; this would match the Sustained duration of her Solid Energy form.

* Also, the Innate on her Insubstantial. For one, it should probably be on the Alternate Form Array itself. More importantly, though, is whether or not any of her powers should be Innate: is there absolutely no way her powers can be boosted or drained or nullified or removed (even temporarily)?

Welcome to Freedom City play-by-post! I would ask you to introduce yourself in the "Secret Identities" thread, but I see you've already done so!

Thank you!

Background and story seem fine, though a touch grimmer and anti-hero-ier than we're used to.

Stats overall look good, too, very Wonder Man-y. I do see a few things wrong with her stats, though:

Yeah, I did draw most of my inspiration from Wonder Man and his powers.

* Having a Wealth of +0 (homeless, owns nothing) is actually a 2-point Drawback, not just a Complication.

Oh, okay, didn't know that. I'll add that drawback and remove the complication then.

* Please edit her Combat block so it says "Attack: +3, +5 w/ Electrical Control, +6 melee". Yes, I do see that hose are in the DC Block, but we prefer to keep al the attack modifiers in the same place.

Will do.

* If she can only switch between her Insubstantial Energy Form and her Solid Energy Form (and nothing else), her Str should be brought down to --- (-10pp). Which may mean increasing the amount of Enhanced Strength her Solid Energy Form grants.

Yeah, she only got her 'true' natural form, which is energy, and then the physical form.

* I'm not sure about the Permanent on her Insubstantial. It sounds like she should have the"can revert to solid as a free action and sustained duration" extra; this would match the Sustained duration of her Solid Energy form.

Is that extra done on a permanent power, so it basically becomes continuous? Or how is it done?

* Also, the Innate on her Insubstantial. For one, it should probably be on the Alternate Form Array itself. More importantly, though, is whether or not any of her powers should be Innate: is there absolutely no way her powers can be boosted or drained or nullified or removed (even temporarily)?

Her insubstantial energy form is her natural form and it shouldn't really be possible to boost, nullify or drain that, hence why I made it innate. The rest of her powers can be nullified, drained or boosted freely.

I don't know if this one is better, it's using a lot of the same things, but doesn't have an alternate form and is actually even more Wonder Man'y. The background was changed and made less dark and more fluffy. Her powers are now far more simple, with only a couple of alternate powers. This was actually my first draft, before I thought up how cool an energy form would be.

Players Name: Angelica

Power Level: 10/150 PP

Characters Name: Lady Ionica

Alternate Identity: Lucy Hewitt

Height: 5'9

Weight: 120 lbs

Hair: A mix of blue and blond

Eyes: Glowing Red

Common description: A rather attractive woman with glowing red eyes and a hair which is both blue and blonde. Her age is somewhere in the mid teens, perhaps 16 or 17. On her upper body she has a V tank top, with half being blue, while the rest is yellow. On this tank top is the symbol of a red lightning bolt. Around her waist she has what appears to be a belt made out of lightning, similar to the lightning on her chest. She wears a short skirt and her legs are otherwise bare. On her feet she wears a pair of blue and red boots.

ionicawb1.jpg

History:

Lucy's father left before she was even born, perhaps he never even knew that he was about to become a father. And Lucy's mother was only 15 when she became pregnant and definitely unable to handle the pressures for being an only mother. It didn't really help that Lucy's grandparents were deeply religious and had kicked their daughter out of the house.

Lucy's childhood was not pleasant. Her mother was more busy with drowning her sorrows in alcohol, than taking care of a child. It was also for this reason that Lucy hardly ever went to school. She was being teased for her ratty and smelly clothes and therefore preferred to stay away and it's not like Lucy's mother said anything to it, she was too busy drinking her brains out.

At the age of 9 Lucy became an orphan, her mother's liver couldn't handle the heavy drinking. And without any social network behind her and no relatives wanting to acknowledge her, she ended up in an orphanage, though she fled after only a couple of weeks, after a fight with some of the other orphans. It was at this point she first became homeless.

For the next years Lucy lived on the street, learning how to steal and beg. Until she was caught stealing at the age of 13 and ended up in juvenile hall. But like the orphanage she hated it and together with a few others, she was able to flee.

Recently Lucy was a bystander to a fight between the White Knight and some unknown hero, when she was digging through some trash in a container just outside ASTRO LABS, hoping to find some spare parts or anything else of value, so she could sell it and get a meal. Suddenly she found herself flying, as the White Knight had picked it up. The hero evaded and then heavy metal container crashed through the wall into ASTRO. And Lucy was catapulted out of it, directly into the rays of some experimental ion generator. And then everything blacked out.

When she woke up she found herself in a hospital bed, but knowing the costs of being in such a place, she tried to remove the monitoring equipment, only to find herself slinging it across the room, for the first time discovering her powers. She snuck out in the confusion after that and returned to the streets.

Over the last couple of weeks she has come to realize just how much the event changed her. She's incredibly strong, capable of flight, can create lightning bolts and that's only the beginning. Her body is a limitless battery, making her regenerate from injuries, yes, even death. At first she thought of using this to steal, but then after not growing hungry after a couple of days, she realized that she did not need food or water, not even air, so the need for thievery wasn't really necessary.

Becoming a heroine was actually more of an accident than anything she planned. She jumped in and stopped a mad driver, who was chased by the police, just before he was about to hit a group of children. As she realized just how good it made her feel inside, a warmth and joy she hadn't felt before, Lucy made up her mind, she wanted to become a heroine.

While most don't notice it, her costume is actually made of trash, stitched together from various outfits that people have discarded and has no use for either.

Complications: Criminal Record (juvenile offender), Dislike (White Knight), Minor (age 16), not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed

Stats: 0pp

Str: 8/38 (-1/+14)

Dex: 16 (+6)

Con: 10/38 (+14)

Int: 8 (-1)

Wis: 8 (-1)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 12pp

Attack: +3, +5 w/Blast, +6 melee

Grapple: +17, +26 with Super-Strength

Defense: +6 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -12

Initiative: +3

Saves: 0pp

Toughness: +14 (+14 Con, +0 other) [12 Impervious]

Fortitude: +14 (+14 Con, +0 other)

Reflex: +3 (+3 Dex, +0 other)

Will: -1 (-1 Wis, +0 other)

Skills: 16r = 4pp

Acrobatics 4 (+7)

Bluff 4 (+0)

Notice 4 (+3)

Slight of Hand 4 (+7)

Feats: 6pp

Dodge Focus [3]

Attack Focus (melee) [3]

Powers: 131pp

Immunities 27 (life support, aging, sleep, sustenance, electricity, mental effects) [27 PP]

Regeneration 12 (Bruised 1/round [1], Unconscious 1/round [1], Injured 5/minutes [2], Staggered 5/minutes [2], Disabled 1/hour [2], Ability Damage 1/hour [2], Resurrection 1/week [1], Extra: True Resurrection 1; Power Feats: Regrowth, Persistent) [15 PP]

Enhanced Constitution 28 (Extra: Impervious Toughess 10) [38 PP]

Enhanced Strength 30 (Power Feat: 1 Alternate Power) [31 PP]

AP: Electrical Control 14 (Power feats: Accurate, Precise)

Super-Strength 9 (Power Feat: Dynamic, 1 Alternate Powers) [20 PP]

DAP: Flight 9 (ionic propulsion)

Drawbacks: 3pp

Illiterate (uncommon, minor, -1)

Homeless (common, minor, -2)

DC Block:

ATTACKS - SAVE DC - DAMAGE TYPE

Unarmed - DC 29/Toughness - Bruise (blunt damage)

Electrical Control - 29/Toughness - Injury (Electrical damage)

Costs: Abilities (0) + Combat (12) + Saves (00) + Skills (4) + Feats (6) + Powers (131) - Drawbacks (3) = Total Cost 150

While at work (I do have some time where I do boring stuff where my brain can be either turned off or used for other purposes), I did think a bit. Would it be better for this game with a villain(ine) rather than a heroine? Is Villainine even a word? Because I did come up with an idea for a villain I'd think would be interesting to play, if the game would benefit more from that than another flying brick/superman copy. :)

"Villainess" is the correct term ;) And the hero-types do outnumber the villain-types by about 2:1 here, so a few new baddies could be welcome. Then again, since one of the board's two Heroic Flying Powerhouse-types has recently departed, another one wouldn't be unwelcome.

Basically, you should play whatever you want to play :)

So, did you mean scrapping this character and submitting a different PL 10 character as a villain, or altering Ionica's background & such so that she is a villainess? If the former, that's fine; if the latter, that's fine, too, but I would have to rescind my approval until I had a chance to read over and contemplate her new background.

So, did you mean scrapping this character and submitting a different PL 10 character as a villain, or altering Ionica's background & such so that she is a villainess? If the former, that's fine; if the latter, that's fine, too, but I would have to rescind my approval until I had a chance to read over and contemplate her new background.

Well, it would be scrapping this character, I don't really see how Ionica would be able to make a decent villainess. She'd be a decent minion type villain, but given her lack of intelligence, she'd be horrible for other purposes.

Well, it would be scrapping this character, I don't really see how Ionica would be able to make a decent villainess. She'd be a decent minion type villain, but given her lack of intelligence, she'd be horrible for other purposes.

Not necessarily: she could be a very nasty "smash and grab" type. Sure, she doesn't require much (in the way of food and shelter and so on), but she can still be a greedy (not-so-)little so-and-so in search of decadent comforts.

Maybe she even gets the idea to kidnap scientists to 'cure' her (starting out semi-tragic), but later realizes she likes her powers a lot and instead tries to find scientists who can make her smarter.

And there is always the "Minion of Another Villain" angle -- and since this is largely a player-run board, you get to determine the NPC villain and what s/he wants you to be doing!

Oh, minor thing, the "Homeless" drawback should be "Destitute and homeless" (Wealth 0).

Alright. To check, what's the special effect/conceptual reason to be of the mental effects immunity?

Given that she's more of a walking battery of ionic energy in a physical form than an actual human, her brain is not truly human, simply sentient energy. Thus she's unaffected by things that affects the normal human mind.

• 4 months later...