Show me the ropes/ Super team up

Geez3r

So Red Star's been out and about for a while now, and has gotten the lay of the land down, but he's also started to get a bit of attention. Earlier in the week, Red Star busted up a small time drug smuggling ring, but in the process caused a bit of collateral damage, not to mention really roughing up some of the drug dealers. Now, one of the city's well known heroes, [insert your name here] has taken it upon themselves to show Red Star the ropes so he won't make the same mistakes again.

Or conversely, another starting super has approached Red Star for a potential team up to bust up a crime too big for either to tackle alone.

Or maybe, both of the above.

Anyone interested?

Well, Arrowhawk would be up to the task. He's not well-known in the city, but he's been doing the gig for 18 years so knows a lot about showing people the ropes. :D

Since Red Star's identity is public, it also means that they'd easily be able to come into contact to avoid any 'oh, look, we happen to be in the same area of town'.

A three man team? Or are there more interested? I'm good either way; do either of you object to the idea of a three man team?

Like say for example, Arrow has contacted Red Star, and they possibly do a few small times things and then they contact or are contacted by Shade to do a big league event of sorts.

Dang, this got big quick, not that I'm complaining mind you.

Okay, so just to double check the roster so far:

Red Star PL 6-7 Blaster Paragon in training

Arrowhawk PL 10 Archer type, obviously

Shade PL 10 Darkness Controller

Spartan PL 10 Eternal Martial Artist

Nightrival PL 12 Martial Artist/ Experienced Team Organizer and Mentor

I like this mix, personally, now the question of the day is if we can get a GM.

Don't forget to include Hub in the roster! He's a valuable founding member of the original line-up.

I don't mind playing the mentor role, as long as I don't overshadow (no pun intended) other players.

I'm fine with having Nightrival (accompanied by Hub?) bumping into the other characters. To make things exciting we can start the game with combat. NR and Hub are fighting a villain and the other characters stumble upon the fight and help. We can use a high-powered villain from Freedom City to even the odds. Or, if a player or two running a villain wants to jump in for guest spot that could be another option.

Force Ops is a great suggestion, though didn't they become overly violent and later condemned by superheroes and the police? I'm not well versed in the Iron Age setting. Nonetheless, that may not be the image we want for the group. From what I know, our current roster does parallel the former Force Ops. The name will also connect us to the canon. If folks are into adopting the name I'll gladly jump abroad. :)

Someone can write a post in the GM Request Thread, or I can just start a thread with the scene I suggested. The latter option means we can start gaming right away. Thoughts?

Yeah, I can start it. (I may even tie it to the thing I'm running for Nightrival now.) Nightrival & Hub vs. .... someone(s) ;) Then Arrowhawk, Red Star, Shade, and the Spartan join in.

Alright, this'll be taking place in Hanover. Maybe Arrowhawk was at HIT seeing a professor or student for some consultation on new trick arrows; maybe Red Star was at an autograph signing or something. Shade and Spartan could have just been touring the area.

Forceful Ops (IC thread)

Forceful Ops (OOC thread)

Oh, Shadowboxer, would you mind placing a link to Nightrival's char sheet in your .sig?

Be forewarned, I only agreed to do the villains for this particular adventure. Street-level stuff isn't usually my forte, but I like being helpful, and to test my own boundaries/limits. I'm not to committing to GMing all the villains for this merry band.

Shadowboxer, try posting this in your .sig box (under Edit Profile, at the Control Panel): Shadowboxer (PL 12 Hero)

I'm posting to check to see if my signature shows up.

Be forewarned, I only agreed to do the villains for this particular adventure. Street-level stuff isn't usually my forte, but I like being helpful, and to test my own boundaries/limits. I'm not to committing to GMing all the villains for this merry band.

No worries. I appreciate you taking on the role. :)