Lilith Bathory, PL 10 villain

Chumpsteady

You really should spend those 2 unspent equipment points on something.

Plus, Refs tend to not like it when folks have unspent points, for fear of them doing the "hey, I should have this, right?" in the middle of a game.

Surely in her 400 years of life she's picked up some stuff, for her home if not for herself.

Players Name: Chumpsteady

Power Level: 10

Characters Name: Lilith Bathory

Alternate Identity: many of them

Description: Lilith is a natural shapeshifter. She looks like whatever her imagination pleases.

History: Historians record Elizabeth Bathory as a madwoman who killed young virgin females to keep her youth. The truth was perverted. The weak fell and the strong were granted The Blessing. By the time Bathory was found out, her progency was already spreading to the four corners of the world. Lilith is one of the first to recieve The Blessing. For 400 years she has avoided making her progency, but recently it has started gnawing at her. She has come to Freedom City as it seems the most likely to find someone pure.

Stats: 20pp

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 20 (+5)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 20 (+5)

Combat: 28pp

Attack: +4, +10 with Mind Control

Defense: +10

Initiative: +0

Grapple: +4

Saves: 30pp

Toughness: +10

Fortitude: +10 (+10 base)

Reflex: +10 (+10 base)

Will: +10 (+10 base)

Skills: 56r = 14pp

Bluff 15 (+20)

Diplomacy 15 (+20)

Disguise 0 (+45 with Morph)

Know (arcana) 15 (+20)

Know (history) 15 (+20)

Language 4 (Hungarian*, English, Italian, French, Spanish)

Feats: 5pp

Attractive

Connected

Equipment 2 (Mansion: Toughness 10, Large, Library, Laboratory, Living Space, Concealed; ritual knife)

Ritualist

Powers: 63pp

Drain 1 (Constitution)

Immunity 11 (aging, sleep, life support; Power Feat: Innate)

Mind Control 10 (Extras: Conscious, Sustained, Effortless, Instant Command; Flaws: Side Effect 1 (15pp), Touch Range, Distracting, Unreliable (recharge, ritual bath); Power Feats: Subtle, Mind Link, Accurate 3)

Morph 8 (any humanoid; Extra: Continuous, Power Feat: Innate)

Protection 10

Drawbacks: -10pp

Power Loss (Drain; victim must have 1 lethal damage; -1)

Vulnerable (silver weapons, x2 DC modifier; common, major; -4)

Weakness (beauty, stunned for one round by losing an opposed Charisma check; common, moderate; -4)

Weakness (dependence on blood, must drink 1 Con point worth every night [24 hours] or suffer a -1 cumulative drain on Con; common, moderate; -1)

DC Block:

Mind Control 10, +10 melee, DC 20 Will

Ritual Knife, +4 melee, DC 16 Toughness

Costs: Abilities (20) + Combat (28) + Saves (30) + Skills (14) + Feats (5) + Powers (63) - Drawbacks (10) = 150

Prbably Parkside. You mentioned it when I asked, on the character building forum, for places to put a mansion. It's near the city center and has a nice view :P

Indeed I did, but I also mentioned 3 other areas ;)

Fix the formatting, and put the latest/final version into the very first post of this thread, and I'll give it one final look.

Backstory: The woman who would become Lilith Bathory was born to a prostitute who considered her a burden. The child was never given an actual name, only the moniker of "burden". The child was taught enough that she could walk and talk and function without her mother. For being unloved, the child's early life was pretty simple. By the time the child was thirteen, she and her friends conspired to runaway and become highwaymen. And that they did. The ill-fated first encounter was the carriage of The Blood Countess, Elizabeth Bathory. The countess's guards made short work of the group, killing the three males but sparing the life of the only female. The child was knocked unconcious. When the child woke up it was pitch black, but she heard a voice. The voice offered the child eternal life and more if she could handle the rites. One slip up and it would be death. The child accepted. The next two years of the child's life were hellish torture, mental and physical. The one thing that remained constant was The Countess. The Countess tortured the child personally. The Countess made sure the child was not giving in. Even at times when the child possibly couldn't take care of herself physically, The Countess would accommodate her. Unlike the biological mother who kept the child around because of neccessity, The Countess cared for, and in a way, loved her. The child reciprocated. Two years after the child had been through everything, The Countess took her through the last rite, The Bathing. The child would live until eternity, and would control the weak through will alone. Afterwards, the child recieved a name, Lilith. Being one of the first to recive The Bathory Blessing, many had came and gone, but Lilith was one of the few who had persisted. The few that were given this rite were (and still are) connected as the Daughters of Bathory. The Countess urged her daughters to go out into the world and reward the worthy and purge the unworthy. Many years later, every one of the daughters, whether orginal or progency, recieved a vision from the Countess. They had killed her mortal form, but she would live on with them in spirit. Lilith did not take this well. She swore that no one else but her and her sisters were worthy and that she would not actively seek out to give The Blessing. Now some 400 years later it seems that Lilith's word is coming back to bite her. She feels the need for her own progency.

Still ongoing; there's a bit of concern over the Side Effect flaw, as well as all the Extras on her Mind Control (it is by far the most Extras-laden Mind Control of any char we've seen).

Also, the Drawback for her Drain won't work -- the Drawback's 1pp, but so is her Drain Con 1, which'd mean she gets the power for free. That can't happen.

Mind Control 10 (Extras: Conscious, Sustained, Effortless, Instant Command; Flaws: Additional Save/Will, Touch Range, Distracting, Limited (will not work on anyone with Know (arcana) 5 or better); Power Feats: Subtle, Mind Link, Accurate 3)

Took away the Side Effect and Unreliable. Replaced by Additional Save/Will, the mind does not want to be controlled. Also, it won't work on anyone who studied magic/the occult long enough to know there are things out there like mind control (Know (arcana) 5). They've protected their mind against it.

If this doesn't work, I'll miss the power, but it's not worth the hassle :P

I had a talk with one of the refs last night. I want to make a few things clear. Unless consented to do so, I will not used the power on player characters (then again, that would be a plot point more than a use of the power). I will not use the power willy nilly, ie I will not use it until it is painfully obvious that I need to use it.

That said, I understand it's an issue of trust with powers like these or with any power. If the refs come to an agreement that it's too much, I will drop it.

• 2 weeks later...

Please don't be so hasty -- the Refs have been a bit on the busy side, what with having added some new Board Rules and altering all existing approved characters (and on a more personal note, I've been both swamped at work and fighting a nasty flu-like bug all week).

I planned to resume my reviews/judgings of the submitted characters today. If you'd still like to try this character, we can make another go of it.

That being said, I do still have reservations about this character, with so much of her points sunk into such an Extras-laden Mind Control. Would you consider cutting it down to say, just 2 extras and 2 flaws? And use extra effort to occasionally power stunt the 'nastier' versions?

No, really :) Me and a few other players have cooked up something in the same vein as this character, but more group friendly.

Sorry to hear about your flubug, it's half the reason I've not been around for a while also.

I do like the idea of the character, I'm probably gonna revisit it with my other character. And yeah, it's mind control won't be as nasty as this was :P