Fire and Brimstone [OOC]

Kavos

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation: Scripted is Chinese -Traditional: "Foolish human, you have no concept of what it is you are playing with!"

(The irony is she dosn't know who she's playing with either ;) )

Anyway, Environmental control: Heat has been activated.

I'm thinking they could both use a cold shower right about now :P

Belphegor's Immunity (cold, heat) means he's completely unaffected by either Environmental Control (heat) or cold showers! :twisted:

'Course, that doesn't mean he won't start taking off his clothes... ;)

On the other hand, there are items in his shoppe which would be affected by a sharp increase in temperature, so....

Fortitude, eh? 23, no effect.

His love will not be stopped! :twisted:

Technically the shattering bit would require a linked Area Damage [Limited to Crystalline Structures] effect, but for Cool Narrative Purposes I'd be willing to say things get slightly cracked; nothing is irreparably damaged, but things are 'defective'.

If it's actual fire damage, he could be affected. Immunity (fire) just covers environmental effects (like Environmental Control), not actual Damage effects.

But his Toughness save is so high, he might not be damaged.

Strike 1 Aura = DC 16. Toughness save is... 25, easily passes.

However, did you notice that I did try to grab her (specifically, grab her by the hair) last round? Did he succeed? (He got a 21 on his attack roll.) Don't know if you'd want to change her actions due to that.

hmm need an emote of someone banging there head.. haha...

Sorry about that, I completely flaked on his attack. Fixing now. (though she still has the flame aura on (but as you said his toughness would be ample to protect him at strike 1)

Edit: OK updated, I decided to let her Auto-fail her defense against his attack... for now :twisted:

Alright, now here's my question to you: Jos knows two foxes -- Sirius, and Fox of the Terrible Trio (as seen here). He wants to misdirect the woman by talking about Fox instead of Sirius.

Woman in Red's command was "tell me what you know about the fox". Is that ambiguous enough that Jos can misdirect her like that?

Maybe a second save (same DC) to try and do what she says but do it in his own way?

yeah I'd allow that since as you say, she didn't narrow down the parameter's of which fox she was talking about.

You could probably even get away with it without a second save for the point of view that 1; Jos is conscious, 2: She didn't specify Sirius, 3: The Terrible Trio Fox could easily be considered 'the fox.' since she didn't say "tell me what you know about the fox Spirit " there for you could argue that she could be talking about any fox or person who goes by the name of Fox. technically ;)

Will save is.... a 19! Fails by one!

Hrm... do I want to use my one Villain Point to re-roll that?

I do!

*sacrifices a goat on his pagan altar to the demons of the dice* :twisted:

21, made it!

But, since her Mind Control was Conscious but not Subtle, then the time he was under her direct Mind Control will be a blank. So there'll still be some gaps.

Also, since Emotion Control is a Sustained (Lasting) effect, he gets a save at each Time Interval (one minute later, then 5 minutes later, then 20 minutes later, then 1 hour later, then 5 hours later, and so on) to eventually break out. He gets a cumulative +1 bonus to each save, so HIS LOVE FOR HER! will eventually fade.

In fact, I'll go ahead and make some rolls now: 13, 10, 17, 28 on fourth roll. So his LOVE will fade after.... 1 hour and 26 minutes :shock:

:idea: He has a long golden red feather left over. It's about 3foot long, (would make an awesome quill) Is probably one of the most beautiful feathers Jos has ever seen. If he has any magic sensors it would radiate a minor natural magical aura. I'd say to get any information on what kind of feather it is, It would require a Knowledge check DC20 in mythology, for the obscurity of information regarding a phoenix feather. (not life science seeing as a phoenix doesn't officially exist.)

:!: Although a small real world tid-bit. There are story's dating back to the first contact the west had with China of a rare bird that lived in the forests that had beautiful golden red feathers, some of which were as long a peacock feathers that would sing a hunting song deep in the forests. They were however eventually supposedly wiped out for there feathers, and something else which was suppose to have mystical healing powers. (hence the legend of phoenix tears healing all wounds.) the Legend also goes that the bird seemed to secrete a kind of oil when it died, and when this oil came into contact with a certain substance (a type of grass/leaf that grew in the area) it would catch on flames, thus incinerating the bird and the nest. That would than incubate the small egg that was in the nest and so than after a little while a baby hatching would emerge from the ashes... thus you have the legend of them being immortal, and born in fire.

;) Pretty cool huh? of cause that's only a legend, But it's more inline with what the Phoenix if it ever existed was most likely, rather than some mythical immortal bird.

Very cool!

He has +11 in Knowledge/Arcane Lore, so he can Take 10 and get a 21.

Bel has no detect magic/magic awareness.

A question about the Vulpes family arriving, though: Jos' shoppe has Obscure 5 (wards vs. detect magic and magic awareness, 100-ft. radius [entire shoppe/house]; Extra: Duration/Continuous; PF: Subtle), which prevents any magic from within the house from being detected outside and prevents the building itself from radiating magic. So they shouldn't have been able to detect her in the shoppe, unless they had some sort of Counters Obscure mystical sense.

Or they detected her when she first walked in, and it took until now to gather the troops and 'port over.

Speaking of, there is also an anti-teleport thing in effect: Nullify 4 (all Teleport effects; Extras: 100-ft. Burst Area [encompasses entire shoppe/house], Duration 3/Continuous; Flaws: Range/Touch; PFs: Progression 2 for Area, Subtle). So anyone trying to teleport in or out needs to succeed at an opposed roll vs. the Nullify.

Knowledge check: In that case he can probably tell It's a phoenix feather. I mean mythology is basically just a simple version of Arcane law ;).

Family Arrival: Ah but your forgetting, Sirius was out back. He would have heard the woman's words and would have been forced into his Fox form. (hence the noise from out back) while you were attempting to ..... anyway Sirius escaped home. Thus warning the family.

As for the Nullify well It's basically a Dimensional Teleport. (Teleport 9 (any ware in the world) PF: Dimensional 1 (Fox grove - FC universe). I'm not sure the DC on that? But it would have the added bonus of having an Anchor in the shop (the little device that makes the items.) So I'm not sure if that would change anything? And you could probably say they took 10 or something... don't want to be Teleporting inside a shelf :shock:

But I'm not sure how that would affect rolls? DC's... if anyway?

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten Sirius was back there. Yes, warning them would work perfectly.

Dimensional isn't a PF you can apply to Teleport; to teleport between dimensions you need Super-Movement (dimensional). But it's an NPC, so the cost difference doesn't really matter.... ;)

The "anchor" would make it so they don't need Accurate, so they'll be able to teleport in fine, if the teleport works.

Teleport vs. Nullify, so 1d20+9 (Teleport rank) vs. 1d20+4 (Nullify rank). You'll probably win ;) IF not, they'd appear right outside (front yard, back yard, wherever).

*rolls* Yeah, I got a 6, so you don't even need to roll. ;)

Okay, problems solved!