Fire and Brimstone [OOC]

Kavos

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belphegor used Extra Effort to stunt Enhanced Charisma 2 (to 16/+3), Enhanced Feats 1 (Attractive; Bluff +9/+13, Diplomacy +3/+7), Morph 6 (one form, +30 to Disguise; +33 total), and Strike 2 (retractable claws; PFs: Mighty, Subtle) off his Demonic Attacks 7 array.

'She' looks like a young Sophie Marceau.

Even fatigued from the extra effort, though, he'd still be able to handle 3 Bystanders with little problem -- +5 attack, Str 18/+4, Claws +6; +5 defense, Toughness +6, Dex 12/+1. And by the time he wakes up the next morning, the fatigue'll be gone.

How did you want to do the robbery? As an entire separate adventure, or just a one-post summary (like I did with Belphegor's "acquisition" of the two-story house he'll be turning into his antiques shoppe)?

A one-post summary is fine. Once Sirius as Jos are done, I’ll post it up and we can skip to the next meeting if you like? -Don't you love comic book fast forwards too bad you can't do that with some things in RL :P -

Sounds fine. Here's some notes I had on the job:

[*:11k0w7hr]Woman is a normal Bystander, dogs are regular dogs.
    [*:11k0w7hr]Woman will not willingly part with the ring, it's an heirloom from her grandmother who passed away recently. She also almost always wears the ring, taking it off only when in the shower or if handling something messy (like, say, fixing a meatloaf).
    [*:11k0w7hr]Her apartment is a fairly standard middle-upper class highrise (like most of the ones in Parkside), with a balcony. Decent locks, fair security (alarms go off if windows broken, though no motion detectors due to the dogs).
    [*:11k0w7hr]Ring is completely normal, though very nice. The concealed container used to hold perfume-soaked bits of cloth could just as easily be used to hold a dose of a drug or poison.

Ok cool. Did you want to finish up our current conversation before I place the heist post?

Actually while I’m on, quick question, what are the rules on Power stunts? Are you limited in what you can do by the rank and points you have in the base power like normal APs?

I'll wrap up the current convo; I was planning to soon anyway.

As for power stunts, you're partially right: they work like normal Alternate Powers, and must have a total pp cost of no more than that of th base power. So if he, say, used Extra Effort to power stunt something off his Magic 1 (2pp), the effect could be built on no more than 2 pp.

Lots of demon action going on here. I happen to have a demon hunter with a powerful cursed sword perhaps something can be arranged...

Perhaps. ;) Give me some time to think up something.

Also after reading the IC thread I thought maybe Sen might get involved by investigating the murder of that family.

Sounds fun. I'll set up a separate thread for it soon.

I'll wrap up the current convo; I was planning to soon anyway.

As for power stunts, you're partially right: they work like normal Alternate Powers, and must have a total pp cost of no more than that of th base power. So if he, say, used Extra Effort to power stunt something off his Magic 1 (2pp), the effect could be built on no more than 2 pp.

Ok cool thanks. I'll right up his theft post and get it posted once it's done.

Oh and Warmonger were not all demons here :P ,but I don't mind maybe you can kill off Jos so Sirius can inherit the antiques shop :twisted:

Well Sen is an earnest though temperamental young man it might indeed make for an interesting story. I assumed you were a demon from reading your back story. Though the Japanese thought of any dangerous supernatural being as an Oni and not simply the judeo-christian demons. I believe that Archeville is right and you are the very picture of a Kitsune. So you would still be considered a demon to Japanese demon hunter.

Which would lead to all manner of zany misunderstandings as Sen tries to banish Ember with some Japanese ofuda, and Ember just stares at the scraps of paper which have almost no effect on the Irish pup ;)

Or wouldn't they...? :twisted:

If memory serves, though, the Kitsune weren't nearly as reviled as the Oni; many were even respected and revered. Kitsune were seen for the most part as tricksters (though often in the "I'm tricking you to teach you a lesson" vein), intelligent and wise, and some even associated with Inari (a benevolent kami/deity); some however were indeed malicious. Oni, though, were all just bone-breaking, flesh-tearing brutes (like ogres and trolls, though some had some magical abilities used to cause diseases or bad weather).

I'm basing Shaughnesey's on the Hibernian Pub, an Irish-American pub & restaurant not far from my home. They do in fact have awesome fish & chips, and curried chicken wings. ;)

Also, how easy or hard do you want it to be for someone to translate the book? I mean, is it just in an ancient Gaelic dialect, or would magic/superpowers be needed to translate it?

Cool, :( I don't think Australia at least were I am atm has any Irish pubs lol...

Anyway about the book, I'd put it at very hard to translate. Ancient Gaelic, Magically encrypted and an all round pain in the rear end ;) (My general Idea was they can slowly decrypt the text which lead to secrets, and the unlocking of powers ext ext, which means in order to unlock power they need PP to spend on it :D