Fire and Brimstone [IC]

Kavos

Mmmm, feisty!

Jos continued to approach, still smiling, but now the smile was creeping into a leer, "Oh, now, madame, please, do not talk in such a manner! I would not think of seeing you leave without taking something to tickle your fancy. And I am sure you will find my terms quite agreeable, as I am always willing to haggle."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am not interested in trinket's.. that is unless you have any knowledge of human fox spirits OR know the whereabouts of a small pearl dragon?" The woman ask's her tone smother but it was obvious she was out of patience.

The woman did however look around, although she seemed uninterested in any of the item's of the shelves. "Do you have anyone else working for you? anyone with..." she looks hesitant for a second before continuing, "Magic?"

I've got some magic for ya. In my pants!

Jos changed direction slightly, now moving towards the door. He still smiled at the woman, never taking his (leering) eyes off her, "Small pearl dragon? No, I do not believe I have any of those -- most of my goods are rather large. I do have some pearl necklaces that I think would look stunning on you, though...."

A soft 'click' would indicate, to those with exceptional hearing, that the front door was now locked.

"Now, what else was it you'd asked for? Ah, yes: magic. Well, I'm sure you and I can find some in this shoppe...."

The woman make's a sound of repulsion, "You impossible little man!" she hisses. "Perhaps you would be more useful..." She let's the sentence trail off, Her magic slowly working on Jos, slowly changing the desire he had for her to utter serenity...

Hrm, where'd I put that Barry White tape? And those handcuffs?

Jos began slowly moving back towards the woman. He still smiled, still leered "Oh, madame, I assure you, I can be very useful. For example, I have quite a skilled tongue," which he showed off by running it over his top teeth. "Something most European men can boast to having. I'm fluent in Dutch and French." He paused, standing next to a display case showing off several fairly suggestive figurines, "French -- such a lovely language, wouldn't you agree? La langue de l'amour!"

"愚蠢人,您沒有什麼的概念它是您使çâ€Â¨Ã¨Ë†â€¡!" The woman says in Chinese. "If you wish it to get hotter in her by all mean's let it get hotter!" she snarls, her patients obviously gone.

Flames begin to radiate of her body, her eye's glow like molten suns. A visible heat shimmer can be seen in the air as the temperature in the room begin's to increase...

Is it gettin' hot in here, or is it just... wait a minute... it is getting hotter in here! Okay, clearly this woman is rather special, and so needs some special attention, away from these breakables and combustibles. This is very good, she might not break as easily as some others... okay, think, Jos, think... right, I'll try to lure her upstairs, but leave her room to leave if she chooses to. Then I can follow her later and see her at her place.

Jos took a few steps back, towards the stairs which lead up to his personal living quarters. In doing so, he was no longer blocking the way out, though the door was still locked.

"Oooh, you are a feisty one," he teased while undoing the top buttons of his shirt, "and with some secrets, too, it seems. Fortunately, I like it hot. Care to see how hot we can make it? My bedroom is right upstairs, and I do have some rather... entertaining artifacts up in my private collection."

Seeing the heat seemed to have little to no effect on Jos the heat simmer's down slightly, however the flames lapping around her skin remained. "I know you know something!" she scratched, "I can sense his presence has spent a great deal of time here!" she continued, "Tell me what I want to know NOW!" as she finished the last word a high pitched unimaginably painful shrill came from her mouth...

Oooh, a screamer: I like that! I- no, wait, need to get her out of here before she does any real damage. There's a time and a place for everything....

Jos writhed a bit against the banister of the stairs, but the Woman in Red got the sense it was from pleasure, not pain!

"Oooh, a screamer! Oh, madame, you are becoming more and more enticing every moment! Come upstairs," he undid another button on his shirt, "and let's see what music we can make!"

He practically leapt for her and reached out to grab her by the hair.

The woman's face calmed slightly, the flames caressing her body dwindle to slight wisps of flame. It was obvious she was taken aback. While Jos couldn't tell how much power this woman had, whether that little display was all it was, or just a drop in a great lake it was impossible to tell. Never the less she seemed stunned.

As Jos attacked she heisted for a split-second before allowing Jos to grab hold of her. Letting herself be swepted closer to the shop keeper. Eying him carefully, her hand reaching up to to caress his face, flames lapping about them as she waited and watched to see his reaction to the searing heat of her hands...

Oh, nice, flames. I... wait a minute... flames... unusually strong feelings of affection & lust... is she some sort of succubus? If so, did someone send her, or is she here on her own agenda? Maybe I should tease her some more. Well, tease her in a different way....

Jos pulled her closer, completely unharmed by the mysterious Woman in Red's flames; he wasn't even breaking a sweat. His right hand stayed on her hair/back of her head, while his left wound around her waist.

"Mmm, I do make you hot, don't I? I- oh!" his tone suddenly shifted, as if he had suddenly remembered something. He brought his lips closer to her ear and whispered, "I do actually recall seeing a fox-man, some weeks ago. He didn't look like a spirit, though, he appeared very...." he took advantage of her open-backed dress to run his left index finger up and down her spine, "... solid. You say you sense his presence here; it is entirely possible he's come in here, as a customer, while in human form. I could keep an eye out... if you made it worth my effort."

He shifted his head's position, obviously intending to kiss her.....

The woman's mannerisms had changed considerable, They had gone from forceful and vindictive to calm, seductive, and maybe even a little playful. She leaned forward, bringing her lips to within a inch of Jos ears, and whispered quietly, "Sirealla."

Than kissing Jos on the cheek she began to hum... The song was hypnotic... it was magical...

Sirella continued to hum as the magic of her voice enthralled Jos. "Let me go." She say's calmly, almost a whisper.

Despite his best efforts Jos was helpless not to obey, he was fully aware of of everything, he just couldn't disobey her.

"Tell me what you know about the fox." She said, between hum's, "And do up your shirt." She added on as she took several confident steps away from Jos.

She has a really nice voice! A... really... nice...

Jos re-buttoned his shirt, and his tone suddenly shifted to a slightly more businesslike one. "right, of course, business first, then pleasure. As I said, I saw a fox-man here, about... six weeks ago. He did not stay long, not in his fox-form -- he seemed more startled of me than I was of him -- but then I recalled that a few days prior a young man had been in here who seemed particularly interested some Japanese items, items which had a kitsune, or fox spirit, motif. I saw him here again a few days after seeing the fox-man, and he seemed rather upset; he'd had a run-in with some superheroes, specifically the psychic Scarab and... Avenger, one of those nocturnal, skulker types."

He was speaking, of course, about Fox, the leader of the Terrible Trio gang which had arisen since Terhune himself had murdered the previous inhabitants of this house and converted it into his antiques shoppe. He chose not to mention that he'd learned Avenger was in fact a daywalker vampire; while the woman's power did make him temporarily fanatically loyal to her, it did not force him to divulge the full and entire truth, or even the truths she was looking for.

"I offered to help the lad, and also helped two of his associates, in exchange for assisting me in some jobs. I have not seen any of therm in over a month, though, which is a bit irritating since his two friends were supposed to procure some Native American items for me....."

Work now, play later... work now, play later... work now, play later....

"The lad's name is Adam Mears," Jos replied, "he's from Hanover. His associates are Tom Wells, from the Fens, and Danny Levinson, from Riverside. I do not know anything more precise on their addresses. Adam seemed very much the womanizing type, so I am sure he will find you... enticing."

"And now that I've scratched your itch," he said, reaching out to caress her cheek, "how about you come up and scratch mine?"

"See now, that wasn't so difficult." she says as she stops humming. Smiling slightly at his renewed advance she shakes her head, "I don't date younger men." She says before suddenly bursting into flames.

As the flames settled a large flame gold bird hovered in the air, It's feather's covered in flames, it's tail long and beautiful. The birds eye's appeared as pools of molten gold, it's red and golden head crest augmenting the birds beauty.

The bird looked Jos in the eyes... "Thank you for your help, now forget..." and with that a blinding white light erupted and the bird was gone...

Hey, what about- .........................

Jos blacked out for a moment, and when he came to the Mysterious Woman in Red was gone. His last memory of her was when he'd grabbed her, so... they must have had a great time, right? Wait, he was still dressed, and downstairs, and the clock on the wall indicated that only a few minutes had passed, so it can't have been that great... right?

And what was this red feather in his hand?

"Madame," he said, smirking, "I will find you again. And we shall make beautiful music together."

Jos walked back to the main desk, humming a little tune as he went.

As Jos walked to the desk a sudden 'whooshing' sound could be heard. All around the shop pillars of flames erupted In the center of the shop the largest of the pillar's appeared, but unlike the other's Jos could clearly see a large Fox head swirling within the flames.

As sudden as they had appeared the flames were gone Leaving men and women in there stead. All of the men appeared dressed in a suit of medieval armor, there swords and shields raised in defense. There armor and weapons had symbols etched along them. Each symbol glowing a faint red.

The Women on the other hand were dressed in robe's of silk and satin. while the men's weapon's and armor glowed with magic, the women simply glowed with there own internal power. Some could be seen to have fain electrical sparks zapping over there skin and clothing, while other's a mystical breeze fluffed there hair and clothing. Each woman radiating a different elemental power.

In the center however were four individuals. The most obvious one was the were-fox Ember. Hutched down on three paws, he Looked around as he sniffed the air, flames lapping at his lips.

The other of most noticeable of the central group was surprisingly Gwen Vulpes, Sirius's mother. Although she still looked old, there was now a visible fountain of power about the woman, as if the very forces of nature were at her every command.

There was another woman with them, one Jos didn't recognize from there previous meeting, She was highly attractive, and a rather odd contrast compared to Gwen. This woman however had a deathly serious look to her, All the element's seemed to dance about her skin, lightning could be seen within her eyes.

The last of the core group Jos also didn't recognize. He was too big to be Sirius or William and his armor obscured his face. Ancient runes lined his armor, shield and weapons, they glowed with a ferocity of metal freshly pulled from the forge.

Gwen stepped forward from the group, "Were is she!"

Whoa! Okay, I've got to check those anti-teleport wards I'd set up.

To say Jos was surprised by this sudden arrival would be a massive understatement. This was due in part because he'd worked hard and paid good money to set up wards that would prevent just this sort of thing, and in part because he was still ecstatic over the Mysterious Woman in Red.

"No idea, Ms. Vulpes," he replied in a light voice, "but I am sure she can be tracked...." He twirled the red feather around, and brushed it against his cheek.

Gwen tilted he head slightly as she saw the feather. She looked almost impressed, which Jos got the feeling was quite an accumplishment. "Good work Mr. Terhune, Now give me the feather." She said extending her hand, the tone of her voice indicated that it was not a request...

But... no! This is all I have to remember her by! Well, that and the mental images. Mmmm... Wait, maybe we can work together!

"May I ask for what purpose?," he replied, still in a light tone. "I can track her for you... even serve as bait for a trap, since she already knows I'm 'clear'."

"This is a privet matter, we can track her ourselves." Gwen say's The look of impressment gone from her face.

"We could use his help." Ember speaks up behind Gwen.

"We don't need his help." The woman next to ember states, her attitude towards Jos was nothing but contempt.

"Not to mention a civilian would cause more risk to security my lady." The Armored man on Ember's other side spoke up.

"Just because he's not a member doesn't mean we should dismiss him." Ember pleaded. "Sirius has worked with him for quite some time now, he has skills." Ember say's in Jos defense.

Gwen shock her head, "Allright Mr. Terhune, why should we let you come along?" she asked.

Terhune -- and Diabolic -- Charm, don't fail me now!

"Well," he began, pacing back and forth, his tone shifting slightly to a more businesslike one, "the fact I am a... civilian would work in your favor. If she is a canny foe (and I've no doubt she is), she would know when you lot are tracking her. She would know the signatures of your magic, know the signs that you are on her trail. But me," he paused in his pacing, pointed to himself with the feather, then resumed, "well, she barely knows me, so wouldn't know my magical styles. And if she did track my scryings down, she would probably assume I am merely pursuing her for... " he twirled the feather against his cheek a moment, "for more intimate reasons. She has no idea I am affiliated with you lot -- as far as she knows my only connection is that a fox-man has been in my shoppe at some point, a tangential link at best -- so my pursuit of her will not raise any suspicions concerning you."

"And if she does identify me, and does lash out at me..." Jos's mind briefly envisioned her wielding a whip, "well... I am sure you can use the signatures of whatever magics she uses on me to track her as easily as you could with this," he said, holding up the feather again.

He stood, smiling, hoping his words were well-received.

Gwen stood there thinking for a moment before finally nodding her head. "All right Mr. Terhune, I will give you one shot... Do not fail us." She say's.

In the background ember has a smug look on his face, while the woman next to him seem's disgusted at the decision. The armored man however remain's unreadable, encased in the suit of armor few visual emotion's escape it's protective barrier.

"So, then, where would you begin?" Gwen asks.