A Maudlin Good-Bye

Heritage

Crap.

I think it's been pretty obvious my posting has dropped off to the level of nothing over the last few months, and I think it's time I admitted to myself and to all of you that I'm no longer an active member of this website. It bothers me a great deal that my characters are involved in several games here and my leaving puts both players and GMs at a disadvantage, but at least they might now be free to move on and take the stories in new directions without my lack of posting gumming up the works.

I think partly it's my personality that makes me lose creative focus in online gaming after a while, but I also know that ironically this website reignited my passion to get the story of Grimalkin published by making me see the character in a new light, which would not have been possible without the amazing creative energies of Shadowboxer and Veiled Malice as well as all the great GMs who run games here. When I think of the character now, I need to take her my own direction and to my own world, a world far removed from the Silver-tinged splendor of this Freedom City.

I apologize sincerely for any problems and/or continuity glitches this creates in any stories, and I hope all of you continue to share amazing adventures together. I may well drop in to say hi from time to time, but for all intents and purposes this is good-bye.

Go in peace, my friends :cry:

Bob Karcher aka Heritage (chimera367@yahoo.com)

To quote a certain Sith Lord, NOOOOOO!

It's been great fun gaming with you, with both Grim and Gossamer (now who will Doc ask to the ball?!). While it's sad to hear that some aspects of your creativity has waned, it's very good to hear that it's swelled in other aspects. I wish you the very best in your writings, and please do let us know when you get published!

That's sad and unexpected news. Thanks for all story-telling opportunities these past few months, which, in my opinion, transformed a couple of pages of statistics into authentic three-dimensional characters. You're a great player and I hope we bump into each other in the near future.

I think bringing Grimalkin into the forums and letting her move around a bit and talk to other characters is a good exercise. You get a chance to frame her character. I look forward to seeing your comic when you feel it's ready to be written.

You're currently in one game with me. For the sake of brevity, could we have Grim remain as an NPC until it's duration?

Take care, and remember what Nightrival would say: "Don't let 'em grind ya down!"

That's sad and unexpected news. Thanks for all story-telling opportunities these past few months, which, in my opinion, transformed a couple of pages of statistics into authentic three-dimensional characters. You're a great player and I hope we bump into each other in the near future.

I think bringing Grimalkin into the forums and letting her move around a bit and talk to other characters is a good exercise. You get a chance to frame her character. I look forward to seeing your comic when you feel it's ready to be written.

You're currently in one game with me. For the sake of brevity, could we have Grim remain as an NPC until it's duration?

Take care, and remember what Nightrival would say: "Don't let 'em grind ya down!"

I give anyone freedom to NPC as much as they need to in the name of tying up loose ends; I really wanted to finish my threads, but literally nothing came when I sat down to write :cry:

By all means, let's stay in touch; that goes for everyone, really ;)