Lefty--Eyeonthemountain--villain PL6

Notes: A bit of a weird character, he is basically a normal police officer when his left hand is where it is supposed to be, but he can separate it and when it does, his hand becomes a very powerful highly mobile creature. He can see where is it going and retains the sense of touch as normal. The hand is imbued with powerful mystical force, making it far faster, tougher and more damaging than a hand should be.

Concerns:

The hand is a tiny creature(or so I decided) so I had to adjust toughness, grapple, strength and Att/Def bonuses to reflect that. I think I did it right.Edited for Diminuative

The teleport is to call the hand back to its place on Jack's left wrist. That is all it can do. Anything the hand is holding is left behind. I think the cost of 2 is fine, but could probably drop it to one if I wanted to with a bit more limitation. The ESP and teleport have a range of a mile so that is his hand's effective range. Edited Range down to 100 feet.

I applied a -1 limitation to all powers the hand possesses separate from Jack and bought all hand-only feats and skills at half price. I hope that is a sufficient limitation.

I see Jack as still being on the right side of the law, but making a slide to the dark side in this game, which is why I labeled him a villain. HE might well work both sides of the street in his different personas though, and I do not see him as a bloodthirsty villain in any case, just greedy.

Well, here goes.

Players Name: Eyeonthemountain

Power Level: PL6

Characters Name: Lefty

Alternate Identity: Jack Richards

Height: 6'

Weight: 180

Hair: Black

Eyes: Black

Description: Jack is a big man, tall and broad, with quite a bit of the musculature he built as a high school linebacker. Dressed mostly in slacks and sports jackets, or his Freedom City PD uniform, he is an imposing figure.

History: Jack is Freedom City born and bred. He was a wild young man, and ran with crowds on both sides of the line, but fortunately never got caught as a record would have stopped him form being a cop. Otherwise his younger years were pretty ordinary. Big and fairly strong, he was always a bit slow, so he only did high school football, as he failed the trials to get into college ball. He got through university pretty easily, majoring in criminal sciences, and after getting out, became a cop, just like his dad and grandfater. "Tin in the blood." they call it.

On the job he was honest enough, and did a good job putting people who deserved it behind bars. A good enough job to get promoted to detective, a job he really enjoys. He enjoys the job, but sometimes seeingthe sea of money the criminals have he has been thinking of taking a taste.....

But about two years ago, his life changed. He was tracking the murders of a few prostitutes in the southern part of Freedom, gathering clues and talking to people, until he got a line on some nutcase he was sure was responsible. Unfortunately the nutcase also had a line on him, and the hunter became the hunted. One night when Jack was 28, he was coming home after a long day at work, when the nutcase jumped out of an alley behind him, and attacked him with his mystical blade. It was a short fight. A slash across the stomach, a blocked nightstick, and a final blow that severed Jack's left hand just above the elbow, and Jack was down, bleeding to death in the street. Jack's last sight was his severed hand twitching its last several steps away.....

Jack awoke in the hospital a week later, wire up to a dozen different machines and with tubes running into nearly every available vein in his body. He recovered after some months, nearly a year in fact, but the nutcase escaped. Jack was just happy to be healthy and whole, as when he woke up and started to recover, his left hand was back where it was supposed to be, and Jack assumed that it has been regenerated by some hero, surgically reattached, or he had just imagined losing it. He was just glad it was there.

He recovered and went back to work, in his old job and he kept a close eye out for the nutcase, wanting to try him again, and shoot him full of holes. Legally or not.

But one day three months ago, he woke up, and his hand WAS NOT THERE. It was just gone, and Jack freaked out. And when he came to again, it was there again, and Jack started to question his sanity. It happened again and again, the hand moving around his house, and even started doing odd jobs for him (controlled unconsciously) and Jack caught it moving and realized that he could actually control it. Over the next month, he learned to control the hand, and he was amazed at its speed and power.

Two weeks ago, Jack was in pursuit of a drug dealer who had holed up in a warehouse, and for the first time Jack used the hand itself. Waiting outside, he detached his hand, almost throwing up in the process, and the hand was away, sneaking through the warehouse totally hidden until it came up on the dealer and grabbed him by the throat before the dealer even knew what hit it, The dealer pried at it and even tried to cut it, but to no avail. When he dealer was safely passed out, Jack came in and arrested the dealer, whose story was not believed.

Since those early days, the hand has come under Jack's conscious control, and his unconscious no longer has control over it. He needs to control the hand actively, or it just remains in place.

Jack has started to think of himself as lefty and his hand as Southpaw. And he is starting to think that he is entitled to a bit more of Freedom than he is getting thus far.

Stats: cost 18 --> 18/90

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: cost 8 --> 26/90

Attack: +2 (+4 with pistol)

Defense: +3 (+2 flat footed)

Initiative: +0

Grapple: +2

Saves: cost 6 --> 32/90

Toughness: +6( +3 undercover vest, +3 con)

Fortitude: +5 (+3 con, +2)

Reflex: +2 (+0 dex, +2)

Will: +4 (+2 wis, +2)

Skills: cost 16 --> 48/90

Concentration 6(+9)

Diplomacy 6 (+6)

Drive 4 (+4)

Gather info 6 (+6)

Investigate 6(+8)

Know-Streetwise 6 (+2)

Know-Current Events 3 (+5)

Know-Civics 1 (+3)

Notice 6(+8)

Prof (detective) 4(+6)

Search 4 (+6)

Sense Motive 4(+6)

Stealth 8 (+16) [Limited--Hand-only]

Acrobatics 8(+8) [Limited--Hand-only]

Feats: cost 10 --> total 58/90

Attack specialization(pistol)

Dodge focus 1

Benefit-Police Officer

Equipment 3 [undercover Vest(4), Light Pistol (6)]

[Camera, Cell Phone, Commlink, Headquarters(2) (Jack's apartment)

[small, Toughness 5, Computer, Living Quarters]

Attack Focus (Melee) 1 [Limited--Hand-only]

Evasion 2 [Limited--Hand-only]

Hide in plain sight [Limited--Hand-only]

Improved Initiative 2 (+8 to initiative)

Move-by attack [Limited--Hand-only]

Fearsome presence 1 [Limited--Hand-only]

Powers: cost 32 --> total 90/90

[Jack]

Anatomic Separation Rank=1 (Left Hand only) cost 2

ESP (Vision only) [Extra=Simultaneous, Flaw=Medium(hand)] Rank=2 cost 4

Teleport [Flaw= Long Range only, Anchor(Jack's left wrist)] Rank=2 cost 1

Note: Intended to teleport the hand to Jack's wrist only.

[southpaw][Jack's left hand] [All power limited to his left hand when separated only]

Penetrating extra to strength cost 3

Speed Rank=1 cost .5

Leaping Rank=1 cost .5

Protection [Extra=Impervious] Rank=5 cost 5

Super Movement [Wall crawling] Rank=2 cost 2

Enhanced Strength Rank=20 cost 10

Enhanced saves Fort +2 Reflex +6 cost 4

Drawbacks: none

[southpaw's stats] [When separated]

Str: 22 (+6) [14 Base +20 Power -12 size]

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 16 (+3)

Attack: +6 (+2 BAB, +3 SIze, +1 attack focus(melee))

Defense: +6 (+4 flat footed) (+2BDB, +3 SIze, +1 Dodge Focus)

Initiative: +0

Grapple: -6 (+6 str, -12 size)

Toughness: +6( +5 protection, -2 size, +3 con) (5 impervious)

Fortitude: +7 (+3 con, +2 base, +2 power)

Reflex: +8 (+0 dex, +2 base, +6 power)

Will: +4 (+2 wis, +2)

Speed 100 feet/round

Initiative +8

Stealth 8(+20) (+12 size)

Acrobatics 8 (+8)

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

(Name of Attack) (Save DC/Type) (Type of Damage: Bruise/Injury, or other)

Jack:

Light Pistol Toughness DC18 Injury

Fists Toughness DC 17 Bruise

Southpaw:

Strike Toughness DC 21 (Penetrating)

Costs: Abilities (18) + Combat (8) + Saves (6) + Skills (16) + Feats (10) + Powers (32) - Drawbacks (0)= 90

Summon does seem like what you should be using. Especially since it sounds like it has a mind of its own (detaching and doing stuff while he's asleep). Summon 12 (PF: Mental Link) or Summon 8 (Extra: Fanatical; PF: Mental Link) and a Complication (or at most a 1pp Drawback) that you ave one hand while the Summon is active.

A hand would be Diminutive -- Tiny is the size of an adult housecat, quite a bit bigger than one human hand ;)

Also, Enemy isn't a Drawback, it's a Complication.

Speed does not modify your Base Speed the way you show. Nothing in the Core book says anything about Speed increasing your Base Speed, it just gives you a new ground speed; ULTIMATE POWER says Speed 1 (10 mph) gives you a speed of about 100 feet per round.

He cannot control the hand while he is asleep, where did I miswrite that? When he is unconscious the hand would do nothing. Jack controls it, it has no mind of its own.

Diminuative is fine, I will rework the stats.

Ok on the speed, easier that way. I could not find anything in UP about speed drawbacks for smaller speed, so I went with the core book. But if it is a flat speed easier for me.

I think I will drop the range though, a mile is too far.

Check, no enemy drawback.

He cannot control the hand while he is asleep, where did I miswrite that? When he is unconscious the hand would do nothing. Jack controls it, it has no mind of its own.

This bit here:

But one day three months ago, he woke up, and his hand WAS NOT THERE. It was just gone, and Jack freaked out. And when he came to again, it was there again, and Jack started to question his sanity. It happened again and again, the hand moving around his house, and even started doing odd jobs for him (controlled unconsciously) and Jack caught it moving and realized that he could actually control it. Over the next month, he learned to control the hand, and he was amazed at its speed and power.

It detached while he was asleep.

Reattached while he was "freaked out."

Doing odd jobs without his direct, conscious control.

Took him a month to learn how to consciously control it.