Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

Justice's blaster made noise as it blew away the lock. There was silence for a moment, then a sound, like someone banging weakly on metal. It didn't come from the green container, but from one of the others, though. Justice didn't seem to notice, but the Emerald Spider could hear the sound, at least. It seemed to come from the dark grey container pressed up against the Southern wall. Soon, the sound of the first weak banging were joined by another, and another. Three distinct sounds of someone banging on the walls.

 

Something was clearly in there, but the question was who... or what.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Peri concentrated and listened to what what was going on in the warehouse, her quantum sense wasn’t warning her of any dangers but she’d learned to trust her other senses. And her trust was repaid when her hearing picked up the sound from one of the other containers.

 

Wait hold up, I think I hear something from that one over there.”

 

She bounced up and over the other containers to land, as gently as she could, onto the top of the container that she’d though she’d heard the sounds coming from.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

"I'll catch up in a sec!" Robin had gotten the container open, she might as well look inside. She pulled it open, peeked in, and... it was empty. Well, so much for that.

 

With a quick burst from her rockets, she bounced over the containers in an arc much like Emerald Spider's, landing heavily in front of the container. Catching herself before falling over from the impact, she stood up straight and moved to the opening. Another lock, sure. She could deal with that.

 

Raising her gun, she took aim. Pausing a moment, she looked up at the Emerald Spider. "Ready?" Whatever was banging inside the thing, there was someone in there, at least. She couldn't just let them stay there. "Step away from the door, please. I'm gonna shoot the lock off, and I don't want to hurt you by accident!" 

 

Robin took the shot, sending a blast at the lock.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The lock was destroyed, and for a moment, there was silence from inside the container. Slowly, the door was pushed open, a teenage girl looking out. She was dirty with stained clothes, a fearful look in her eyes until she noticed Justice. She turned and shouted back into the container. "Guys, I think its alright! Its not him!" 

 

Slowly, they pushed the door open, revealing a total of five teenagers, two boys and three girls. All things considered, they look alright, but some had cuts, and one of the boys seemed like he had a fever. 

 

"Please, you gotta help us. That guy with all the bones and everything, he took us here, he'll take us out one by one and we never see them again." The first girl spoke up again, quickly looking around.

 

Above the container, the Emerald Spider felt something. Her quantum senses were stirring, something dangerous was about to happen.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Her weird quantum sense gave her that weird feeling that something was about to happen, a sense that something was about to happen. She liked to imagine little ropes of quantum squiggles around her head, not that she was thinking of that right now.

 

Everybody something is about to happen, be ready for trouble!” she didn’t shout but made sure her voice carried well

 

As she spoke she was already in motion making her way to high ground looking for potential trouble, keeping an eye out to make sure that the newly rescued teens were kept safe.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

Oh, no. No no no, what had this weird guy been up to in here? This was too weird. What the hell was she gonna do about this? Had to get everyone away from this place, had to make sure nothing else happened to them, and... Emerald Spider came up with a warning. These people were in danger, something about to happen? 

 

Alright. She was not about to let these people get hurt. Time for justice!

 

Moving over in front of the container, her back to the opening, she quickly got ready, both hands steady on her gun. "Get in there. Whatever's happening, I'm not gonna let you guys get hurt." Bold words. Hopefully she could live up to them.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

There was a sound like nails on a chalkboard. A screeching sound coming from the gate, the one that the heroes had avoided, something tearing at it, tearing through it, and then, breaking through. A massive spike of bone shot through the gate, then tore through the side, a clawed hand breaking through the hole and tearing through the gate.

 

"MIIIINE!"

 

The sound was a howl, a scream, anger and pain all in one as the thing broke through the gate and into the warehouse. It tore straight towards them, running towards Justice as it howled and screamed the entire while. It was the same creature as before, but it seemed like it had given up all pretense of human appearance. Its jaws seemed to have unhinged and grown, giving it a vaguely reptillian face. A long bony tail struck out from its back, and it was covered in plates of bone all over its body, with massive spikes and horns breaking through it. Even as it moved, the bones kept twisting and changing, kept moving and shifting position. It seemed to have grown, standing easily 8 feet tall now, though slightly hunched as it moves.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

With her sense of the impending danger Peri was quick to react jumping up onto a nearby support as she looked around for the villain, quickly spotting the quite obvious bone armored man. Her first instinct was to make sure the teens got away safely and to do that she needed to make sure he couldn’t chase her down.

 

So she with another leap she twisted in the air and with a series of hand movement fired off a series of quantum filaments to bind his feet to the floor of the warehouse.

 

Quickly get out of here and get help, we’ll hold him off for as long as possible.”

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

With the webbing flying all over the creature and binding it in place, Robin leapt into action on her own. Gun at the ready, aim taken, she fired a shots at him and prayed. He was bigger than before, looked even more pissed off. They'd managed to stop him before, but it had hurt, so really, they'd need more than a little luck for this.

 

At least she wasn't alone here. Emerald Spider was here, she'd knew what to do. With Robin's shots hitting their target, she watched with some joy as the creature grunted in pain from the hits. She shouldn't enjoy it, but this guy had kidnapped all these people, and who knew what else he had been up to?

 

"Come on, you heard the Spider! Get out of here, we'll stop this guy!" She sounded confident, sure, but she wasn't really feeling it.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The creature struggled and slashed at the quantum webbing as it was covered in it. It screamed, it roared, but even the spikes all over its body did little to help it. It toppled and fell over, screeching as Justice's blasts hit it. Lucky shots, probably, raining down on the creature with enough force to at least knock the wind out of it. The thing breathed, it seemed.

 

The captives started running in the opposite direction, as fast as they could, towards any exits they could find, scattering all around the heroes and the monster.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Taking advantage of the situation Emerald Spider continued to bounce between the supports of the warehouse, keeping an eye out to make sure the others were making there way out safely.

 

Hey big guy how about we chill for a bit and chat about our issues? Maybe grab a coffee and something snackable?”

 

Obviously this villain wasn’t going to get him to surrender, they wouldn’t be that lucky, but it would keep the focus on her allowing others to do what they needed to get done. Just to make sure she made the finger movements of her Spdr Rig to trigger bursts of kinetic carrying quantum filaments.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

"I think you guys might have some different opinions about what makes for something snackable!" Robin joined in, as she started to circle around the monster.

 

Just what was this guy made of? Everything they did just bounced right off him. Only thing that seemed to work was Emerald Spider's webbing, and that one lucky shot Robin had made before, but he was already struggling to get free of that. At least everyone was getting out of there, right?

 

Taking another shot... and it just bounced off the guy. Just what was his bones made up? She had something, but it was still experimental... still, better to try it out, at least.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The man and monster roared again. He moved, scratched and pulled at the webbing, clawing at it and trying to break free. The spikes all over his body seemed to grow, and the quantum webbing finally gave away. 

 

The monster made a sound from its throat that almost sounded like a laugh as it stood up, the long bone tail swinging behind it. Its eyes seemed to glow, as it roared, then dashed on all four towards Justice.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald spider

This guy was tough and Emerald Spider figured that they’d need to try something a little diffent. As an engineer the first thing you did was look at what you have at hand, being a mostly empty warehouse there wasn’t much, except…

 

Step back a minute I want to try something.” she called out to Justice, not having much time to act.

 

Once the area was free she grabbed up the open container and jammed in down on top of the villain, which if they were lucky would trap them inside the container for at least a short while.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

"Got it!" 

 

Not exactly what she had planned, but alright, working together was better than facing this big and ugly alone. Rocket boots activated, she jumped back, out of the way and landed on top of one of the other nearby containers. Putting some distance between herself and the guy and whatever Emerald Spider was gonna do would be best, right? 

 

And then the container came flying down on top of him. 

 

Robin just stared for a moment, then broke into a short laugh. "Ha! That was awesome!"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The monster growled, slashing at the space that Justice had occupied the moment before. Then everything went dark from above.

 

"Wha?" The monster managed to say before the container slammed down top of it, trapping it within.

 

All the Emerald Spider and Justice could hear was roaring and the sound of the monster smashing against the insides of the container, trying to break free.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

Well that worked better than she expected, and any more time they could help the others get away the better. Improving again she quickly worked out a new set of finger movements spreading a spray of quantum filament to reinforce the container and make it harder for them to escape, a macro level quantum foam if you will.

 

This isn’t going to keep them in for longer, any good idea of how to take them down?”

 

The only thing she could think off involved the container being air tight, and she wasn’t that confident in her webs for that idea.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

Wait, wait, bad guy trapped, pounding on the thing. So, what to do? Really just what should she do? ES sounded like she didn't have any idea aside from trying to keep him in there, and really, that was a great idea, but maybe, just maybe, trying to attack it somehow? But how were they gonna attack it while trapping it inside that thing? That was... yeah, she wasn't sure how she was gonna do that. 

 

Then...

 

"I got it!"

 

Oh, yes. Yes, yes, yes! This was gonna be awesome!

 

A quick look through the utility belt, a pair of goggles. Experimental x-ray goggles, the best kind of x-ray goggles. Put on top of the armor, and... yes, it worked! She could see everything the bad guy was up to in there. Then, adjusting her belt a bit and... yes, yes, this should  work. One hand on her belt, the other on her gun, taking aim at the container and... maybe this would work. Pulling the trigger, the pellet flew towards the container. A small pinkish purple portal opened, the pellet disappearing into it.

 

Another portal opened inside the container for a second, the bellet flying out towards the monster.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The monster trashed against the container. The air flow was starting to be affected, even if it wasn't entirely blocked yet. At least it seemed like Emerald Spider was on to something. It roared again, pulling back to slam against the container once more, when the small portal opened behind it. It didn't even see the electric pellet coming before it was hit in the back, the electric shock coursing through its body.

 

Outside, Emerald Spider and Justice could hear another roar, just as angry as the one before it.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

This was all improvising on Peri’s part, as was it most of the time. They might be able to win this out if they could keep this running as long as possible.

 

I’ll try to keep this contained and you keep doing what your doing. And if those are X-ray I need to get myself a pair, we’ll need to swap notes once this finish.”

 

As she spoke she picked up another contained to place against the other where the villain looked to be most likely to break a hole through.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

Right, right. This was working. The monster was trying to break through, smashing against it, but the container and Emerald Spider's web was holding. That was good, no, that was great

 

"Kinda experimental, but yeah, x-ray! Juuust a little bit worried they might accidentally blow my head off or flash fry my eyes, but hey, this way I can actually help out!" Alright, she did have something bigger, in case they bad guy got out, but it'd mean going up close against that guy again, and she'd really didn't want to do that if she could help it.

 

Taking aim, she brought up another portal. Another electric pellet went into the portal, flying out and into the guy and... "Damn, that one didn't do anything. I have to get in closer to him if I wanna hit harder, but I really don't wanna get into that container with him."

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The monster roared, shrugging off the next electric charge as another pellet flew in from out of nowhere. It was annoyed, yeah. It was sounded even more pissed off than before as it violently threw itself against the container, clawing at the walls.

 

A bone claw managed to pierce through the container, but was stopped by the webbing. With the creature pulling its arm back, it howled in annoyance once more, before it continued thrashing against its prison.

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider

With her Spdr Rig enhanced strength Peri lifted another container to help contain the villain for another few minutes. Her engineering brain did a quick calculation, having to guess the guys metabolic rate, and she figured that they’d be at the point of beginning to use up the oxygen in the container.

 

We only need to keep him contained for a little while longer and he should become unconscious. We’ll need to move quick once that happens.”

 

She dropped the container with a large clang, for now all she could do was wait and hope her makeshift barrier would hold just a little while longer.

Share this post


Link to post

Justice

 

"Got it." Keep him busy, right? Try and take him down if she could.

 

She pulled back the Justice Buster and popped out the cartridge, reaching for another in her belt and slotting it in. Alright, she could help with that. One of the full power cartridges. The kickback made it a pain to aim, but if she set up the portals just right, then maybe she could actually hurt that damn thing.

 

Robin grabbed the handle with both hands, raised it and fired, another portal opening in front of her. The force of the kinetic burst sent her stumbling back, but hey, if that was what it took, she'd do it!

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Again, the monster roared as a blast slammed into it from some unknown direction. It turns, swinging its clawed tail, hitting nothing but air and the inside of the container. Then it gasped, grasping at its throat. Robin could see it freezing, perhaps realizing what was happening... 

 

Then it turned, starting to desperately claw and strike at the position it had already damaged. It was realizing what was happening, it seemed. Maybe there was more to it than a dumb monster?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...