Emerald Spider

Peri quickly looked around seeing she had the option for more barriers but it meant more travel time, and a risk there villain could get out. Still the tactic appeared to be working so it was worth the risk if they subdued them. And besides if it didn’t she’d still have something to hit them with.

I’m going to get another container, if they do get out don’t take any risks, I’ll be right back!”

With that she dashed across the warehouse to grab another container, here’s hoping there luck would last.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice

"Alright, I think I got him." The guy was just hitting everything in there. Robin could see him moving around with her x-ray, but it was still just so weird... he kept trying. Kept smashing against the thing. Anyone sensible would give up by now, no way out, an enemy that kept hitting you anyway... just who was this guy? Was he even really aware of what was going on?

She pulled up her gun. Another charged shot, aaand... into a portal, hitting him again. Not quite down, but he was hurting. Just a matter of time, right? Right?

GM

Another blast slammed into the monster, and it roared again. Scrambling around, it swung at the unseen assaillant behind it, almost like it wasn't quite sure what was going on, thinking that someone was in there with it. It snarled, it roared, then slammed into the inside of the container, rocking the entire pile of containers again.

It was doing damage, sure, but with another container added, would it even be possible for it to escape?

Emerald Spider

With some dexterity despite the extra weight of the container Emerald Spider managed to dump it on top of the others, which she figured would be enough to contain the villain for long enough.

If my calculation are right we they should be running out of air pretty soon, we need to act quickly once they pass out to properly contain them.”

As dangerous as the foe was she didn’t want to harm or kill them, just contain them safely for the authorities.

This could be when they’re at there most dangerous so we should be careful.”

GM

Inside the container, the creature seemed to be gasping for air. Whatever was happening with the cramped space and the lack of air, it didn't seem to handle it too well. It felt forward on all four, gasping for air and collapsed. Even from the outside, the sound was clear, as its heavy body hit the floor.

As Justice watched, something was starting to happen to the creature. Slowly, the bones that protruded from its body seemed to start melting. The effect started at the outer layers, the furthest away from its body, but quickly, it stared working its way in.

Justice

"Oh god." Robin clasped her hands in front of her mouth at the sight of the melting creature. "We... we gotta do something!"

She jumped down from her position, rushing towards the containers. "Its melting! The monster's melting!" She was panicking. Rationally, she knew she should keep her cool, knew she should stay calm and try think this through, but she couldn't. This thing was a monster, sure, but maybe it hadn't always been? 

She... she had to do something!

• 3 weeks later...

Emerald Spider

Not panicking Peri made a few quick calculations, with her webs being quantum based they might be able to provide a stabling result and stop the dissolving log enough to get stabilised.

This might work but we’ll need to work fast, have you anything in the suit you can use?”

Making the hand movements needed for her new calculated web she sprayed the monsters in this quantum filament. Hopefully this would work, but she was already considering new options just in case. It was just the Engineer in her really.

GM

They tried, but it didn't work. The effect was slowed, but not in any meaningful way. Slowly, but surely, the monster continued to melt, its body dissolving into the ground.

In its last moment, the creature stared up at Emerald Spider and Justice. For just a moment, its eyes appeared so very human. It was hurt. It was scared. Then it was gone. Nothing but a rapidly fading white puddle on the floor, with just scraps of blue work pants left behind with it. They held part of a logo, but it was difficult to see, but it looked like part of a star.

Justice

"I don't... I..." She didn't have any chemical things, Robin was an engineer, not a chemist or something or... What could she do, she had to do... something, right? She was paralyzed, all she could do was watch as the monster they had fought dissolved. It looked like whatever had held it together had given up.

She dropped to her knees, just looking at the puddle. "I... I think it used to be human. Did you see his eyes?" Was it even a guy? Somehow, it felt wrong to use it anymore. "Have you ever seen anything like this?" Her voice was shaking, as she looked up to Emerald Spider. Robin didn't know what to do. Didn't know what to say. They had saved all those people, right? This was good, right?

Emerald Spider

Emerald Spider said nothing for quite a while, just turning away and bowing her head, this lasted until she bunched her fist. Peri didn’t often get angry, but the senseless loss of life always got to her.

Someone did this to the poor man.” her voice contained a quiet fury “And we’re going to find out who did this to them and make sure they are bought to justice.”

She paused and took a breath calming herself down a little.

Sorry I shouldn’t burden you with such things, this isn’t something I get to decide for you.”

Justice

"No. Somebody did this. This guy was probably just some regular guy, right?" She sounded more serious and confident than she had until now. "We gotta stop them." She was wobbling a bit, despite her bravado. She was exhausted. Saving people, stopping a monster, finding out that monster was just some guy that had probably been changed? Exhausting

"I'm about to drop. I think I need to go somewhere before the cops show up and think we did this. I'll keep an eye out for this and let you know if I find anything, deal?"

• 2 weeks later...

Emerald Spider

Emerald Spider was quiet for a few more moments her fists clenched still, then when she again spoke her voice was low and tinged with anger.

Agreed, whoever did this will face…” she breathed out and unclenched her fists, getting angry wasn’t what her mother would have wanted. “… the full extent of the law.”

She made her hand motions and sent out a strand of quantum filament to leave the warehouse, turning to add before leaving.

We’re going to get to the bottom of all this I promise.”

GM

Maybe one day they would. But not this day.

This day, Emerald Spider and Justice had been heroes. They had saved people, but it was clear that there was something more to it all than it had first seemed. 

Bittersweet as the victory might have been, it was still a victory, as they left the Morgenstern warehouse behind.