Character Edits:

Thevshi

I'd like to spend a point on raising my will save to +11, and a point on skills for Gather Information 4 (+9 total check bonus)

I'd also like to redo my drawbacks a bit, having realized something: Emissary, given the whole hyper advanced synthetic life down to artificial metal alloy organs and such is /extremely/ difficult to treat medically or repair machine wise if he ever gets messed up by anything, he can really only convalesce on his own, was mostly looking to have that as a 2 point drawback, tamp down the vulnerability by a point and weakness by a point for that to fit.

So basically, his drawbacks would look like: Noticeable (Density- gleaming argent skin, hair) 1 pt, Weakness- Dakana Crystals (uncommon, moderate: strength drain, affects each round) 7 pts, vulnerability- orichalcum (uncommon, minor), 1 pt, Disability (hyperadvanced composition makes medical treatment and conventional repair near impossible), 2 pts

Nothing's come up in play yet, so it wouldn't really change anything to do, and it would just be soothing to me conceptually.

Updated by V_M

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is a Damage effect being modified, the Alternate Save is a +1 extra and the Selective would be Selective Attack, another +1 extra. That would raise the cost per rank to 5 pp, making the total cost of the power 27 pp.

That said, I'm not sure why you added Selective. With a Shapeable Area, you can usually snake around the effect to avoid hitting people (cubes in the air, basically), especially with all your Progression. The only times I could see it making a difference are if you have smaller creatures (multiple in a single cube) or if there is a grapple.

I also don't understand the description. He doesn't appear to teleport anywhere with the power. Is he teleporting parts of other people, like Blink?

Since this is a Damage effect being modified, the Alternate Save is a +1 extra and the Selective would be Selective Attack, another +1 extra. That would raise the cost per rank to 5 pp, making the total cost of the power 27 pp.

That said, I'm not sure why you added Selective. With a Shapeable Area, you can usually snake around the effect to avoid hitting people (cubes in the air, basically), especially with all your Progression. The only times I could see it making a difference are if you have smaller creatures (multiple in a single cube) or if there is a grapple.

I also don't understand the description. He doesn't appear to teleport anywhere with the power. Is he teleporting parts of other people, like Blink?

I must be missing something with the maths here. I had it as:

1 (Damage) + 1 (Alternate Save) + 1 (Area) + 1 (Selective) = 4pp per rank

In any case, I've had a look at the power, and I wasn't too happy with it (I put it together rather quickly). Rewritten, it looks like this:

Damage 6 [Extras]

I like the full round action flaw - makes the power more interesting. The way I see the maths here is:

[1 (Damage) + 1 (Alt Save) + 1 (Area) + 1 (Vampiric) - 1 (action)] = 3 pp per rank + 4 Power Feats = 22 pp for a rank 6 power.

Let me know if I've costed wrong, though. I'm sure you would anyways, but... you know...

As for how the power works, well, say Dale is surrounded by bad minions, and instead of attacking them one at a time, he does a bunch of quick teleports to each of them. Touching them and then moving on. In the end, because it's all moved so quickly (a bit of a blur for the young skeleton), Dale teleports back to where he began - his 'anchor' point. I mean, that's the flavour, anyways.

In any case, I've had a look at the power, and I wasn't too happy with it (I put it together rather quickly). Rewritten, it looks like this:

Damage 6 [Extras]

I like the full round action flaw - makes the power more interesting. The way I see the maths here is:

[1 (Damage) + 1 (Alt Save) + 1 (Area) + 1 (Vampiric) - 1 (action)] = 3 pp per rank + 4 Power Feats = 22 pp for a rank 6 power.

Let me know if I've costed wrong, though. I'm sure you would anyways, but... you know...

As for how the power works, well, say Dale is surrounded by bad minions, and instead of attacking them one at a time, he does a bunch of quick teleports to each of them. Touching them and then moving on. In the end, because it's all moved so quickly (a bit of a blur for the young skeleton), Dale teleports back to where he began - his 'anchor' point. I mean, that's the flavour, anyways.

Damage 6 [Extras]

Got it. I had priced it as a Blast rather than Damage, which accounts for the difference in cost.

The only restriction that I'd ask you keep is to not use the effect on someone more than 100 feet away, since that's the maximum range of your normal teleportation power, and it'd be weird if you could teleport farther to attack someone than you could normally move.

Updated.

Got it. I had priced it as a Blast rather than Damage, which accounts for the difference in cost.

The only restriction that I'd ask you keep is to not use the effect on someone more than 100 feet away, since that's the maximum range of your normal teleportation power, and it'd be weird if you could teleport farther to attack someone than you could normally move.

Updated.

Updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Changes for Icarus:

+1 to Will (total +11): 1 pp

Icarus is getting stronger without his Device, bringing more of its power into himself. The Spatial Control gets a little weaker because it's being split from the device. It could look a little complicated, so let me just post the changes as they result. The cost is 2 pp.

Density 5 (PF: Buoyant) (16 pp)

Density 2 (Permanent) (6 pp)

Immunity 1 (aging) (1 pp)

Blast 1 (PF: Accurate) (3 pp)

AP: Gravity Control 1 (Extras: Selective Attack, No Save (+2); Flaws: Limited (down-only), Range (touch), Distracting; PF: Subtle) (1 pp)

Flight 1 (2 pp)

Power Control 3 (PF: Extra Power (Blast, Gravity Control, Flight) (7 PP)

Device 10 (Battlesuit, hard-to-lose, costs 40 pp, provides 50 pp)

Density 4 (18 pp)

Immunity 9 (life support) (9 pp)

Super Senses 9 (blindsight [radio, extended, radius], darkvision, radio) (9 pp)

Morph 1 (2 pp/rank (humanoids), Limited: Can only change appearance of Device (-1)) (1 pp)	

Power Reserve 9 (18 pp)

AP: Spatial Control 4 (Extras: Portal (+2), Accurate (+1); Flaws: Long-only (-1); PF: Easy, Change Velocity) (1 pp)

Total cost: 76 pp

My sheet's a little out of whack. I should have 74 pp of powers before what I spend this month.

30 + 20 + 20 + 9 + 8 + 74 = 161 pp

I'm spending 1 on saves and 2 on powers to end up with:

30 + 20 + 21 + 9 + 8 + 76 = 164 pp

Updated by VM

Changes for Icarus:

+1 to Will (total +11): 1 pp

Icarus is getting stronger without his Device, bringing more of its power into himself. The Spatial Control gets a little weaker because it's being split from the device. It could look a little complicated, so let me just post the changes as they result. The cost is 2 pp.

Density 5 (PF: Buoyant) (16 pp)

Density 2 (Permanent) (6 pp)

Immunity 1 (aging) (1 pp)

Blast 1 (PF: Accurate) (3 pp)

AP: Gravity Control 1 (Extras: Selective Attack, No Save (+2); Flaws: Limited (down-only), Range (touch), Distracting; PF: Subtle) (1 pp)

Flight 1 (2 pp)

Power Control 3 (PF: Extra Power (Blast, Gravity Control, Flight) (7 PP)

Device 10 (Battlesuit, hard-to-lose, costs 40 pp, provides 50 pp)

Density 4 (18 pp)

Immunity 9 (life support) (9 pp)

Super Senses 9 (blindsight [radio, extended, radius], darkvision, radio) (9 pp)

Morph 1 (2 pp/rank (humanoids), Limited: Can only change appearance of Device (-1)) (1 pp)	

Power Reserve 9 (18 pp)

AP: Spatial Control 4 (Extras: Portal (+2), Accurate (+1); Flaws: Long-only (-1); PF: Easy, Change Velocity) (1 pp)

Total cost: 76 pp

My sheet's a little out of whack. I should have 74 pp of powers before what I spend this month.

30 + 20 + 20 + 9 + 8 + 74 = 161 pp

I'm spending 1 on saves and 2 on powers to end up with:

30 + 20 + 21 + 9 + 8 + 76 = 164 pp

Updated by VM

Okay, I have 7 unspent pp, so..

Spending 6 to raise density to 12, and 1 to add continuous on flight 1 to flight, as I'm otherwise feeling slightly lame about describing Emissary being able to effortlessly float about just slightly above things even when sitting and etc. Also that way if he's ever knocked out I don't have to worry about him devastating the landscape..

Raising density should result in the following changes to the listing of:

Density 12 (continuous, permanent. Density 12 grants: Immovability 4, +24 Str, Super Strength 4, Impervious Protection 6)

Which should mean my strength score should be listed at: 34 (+12), my toughness save at +13 (+6 impervious), and my superstrength listed at Superstrength 2 (6 total rank).

Updated by VM

Okay, I have 7 unspent pp, so..

Spending 6 to raise density to 12, and 1 to add continuous on flight 1 to flight, as I'm otherwise feeling slightly lame about describing Emissary being able to effortlessly float about just slightly above things even when sitting and etc. Also that way if he's ever knocked out I don't have to worry about him devastating the landscape..

Raising density should result in the following changes to the listing of:

Density 12 (continuous, permanent. Density 12 grants: Immovability 4, +24 Str, Super Strength 4, Impervious Protection 6)

Which should mean my strength score should be listed at: 34 (+12), my toughness save at +13 (+6 impervious), and my superstrength listed at Superstrength 2 (6 total rank).

Updated by VM

Here's my spending for Grim:

Point 1: Adding Protection 12 (can I go that high?) to Morph as an Alternate Power, with Sustained/Free action (+0 Extra)

Point 2: Adding another rank to Attack Specialization (Strike)

Point 3: 1 Rank of Takedown Attack

Ooh, would I be able to sustain Protection and Blending at the same time? If not, it might still be worth it.