Character Edits:

Thevshi

Here's my spending for Grim:

Point 1: Adding Protection 12 (can I go that high?) to Morph as an Alternate Power, with Sustained/Free action (+0 Extra)

Point 2: Adding another rank to Attack Specialization (Strike)

Point 3: 1 Rank of Takedown Attack

Ooh, would I be able to sustain Protection and Blending at the same time? If not, it might still be worth it.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 1: Adding Protection 12 (can I go that high?) to Morph as an Alternate Power, with Sustained/Free action (+0 Extra)

Ooh, would I be able to sustain Protection and Blending at the same time? If not, it might still be worth it.

1) The highest you could go with your Protection is Protection 3. You already have a Defense bonus of 5 and Toughness of +6, and the PL maximum is 14.

2) That would also put you over the PL limit with +9 to attack and +6 Save DC, for a total of 15 (not including the Sneak Attack, which also technically breaks PL. Since it's conditional, it's cool).

3) Takedown Attack added.

You may want to spend the pp to change your Impoverished drawback into the complication. The drawback is really rough, and reading through The Date, you might want to have enough money that you aren't tempted to eat Drawbridge, Mafia, or Plaque when the going gets rough.

1) The highest you could go with your Protection is Protection 3. You already have a Defense bonus of 5 and Toughness of +6, and the PL maximum is 14.

2) That would also put you over the PL limit with +9 to attack and +6 Save DC, for a total of 15 (not including the Sneak Attack, which also technically breaks PL. Since it's conditional, it's cool).

3) Takedown Attack added.

You may want to spend the pp to change your Impoverished drawback into the complication. The drawback is really rough, and reading through The Date, you might want to have enough money that you aren't tempted to eat Drawbridge, Mafia, or Plaque when the going gets rough.

Captain Wonder's PP expenditure:

1. Favored Enviroment: Airborne (2)

(making him PL 11 on attack and defense while airborne; is this OK?)

2. Luck (1) [raising the rank in the feat from 1 to 2]

Updated by Heridfel (Luck switched to skill points)

Captain Wonder's PP expenditure:

1. Favored Enviroment: Airborne (2)

(making him PL 11 on attack and defense while airborne; is this OK?)

2. Luck (1) [raising the rank in the feat from 1 to 2]

Updated by Heridfel (Luck switched to skill points)

1) This is fine. He is now a PL 11 character, so his limits are increased. He's not actually hitting his caps yet, since you'll still need to increase your save DC and Toughness saves. Added.

2) I'd like more explanation as to why his Luck is going up. Per the character creation guidelines, Luck has a higher bar for justification. It's very powerful for a single Power Point, because it can be used for so many purposes.

1) This is fine. He is now a PL 11 character, so his limits are increased. He's not actually hitting his caps yet, since you'll still need to increase your save DC and Toughness saves. Added.

2) I'd like more explanation as to why his Luck is going up. Per the character creation guidelines, Luck has a higher bar for justification. It's very powerful for a single Power Point, because it can be used for so many purposes.

...you know, I can't really think of a good explanation. You're right, it should have a better explanation.

Instead, I'm going to sink that point into the Language: Ancient Egyptian...because Captain Wonder should be able to speak the language and read and write hieroglyphics.

...you know, I can't really think of a good explanation. You're right, it should have a better explanation.

Instead, I'm going to sink that point into the Language: Ancient Egyptian...because Captain Wonder should be able to speak the language and read and write hieroglyphics.

Will do. You get 4 skill points for each power point, so you have three more skill points to spend as you wish. The Egyptian has been added.

Okay, well, let's add:

Languages: Old Norse, Latin, and Greek

Captain Wonder can converse with the Norse and Greco-Roman pantheons in their own language.

Will do. You get 4 skill points for each power point, so you have three more skill points to spend as you wish. The Egyptian has been added.

Okay, well, let's add:

Languages: Old Norse, Latin, and Greek

Captain Wonder can converse with the Norse and Greco-Roman pantheons in their own language.

Okay, ready to spend my points.

4 are going to buy a device (something Dadealus made for Velocity)

Write up goes like this:

8) Device 1 (hard to lose): High-tech visor. [4 pp]

Super-Senses (5): Extended sight, Ultravision, Infravision, Radius (sight sense type)

The fifth point will buy a rank of Luck.

I also would make some changes in her array.

Free Slot: Strike 11 (Feats Accuracy 4 (+8 to hit), Power Attack, Defensive Attack, Elusive Target, Takedown Attack 2, Improved Critical 2 (18-20)) (22 pts)

Alt 1- Super Movement: Wall Running 2 (Flaw: Only while moving); Water Running (Flaw: only while moving); Permeate 3 (Flaw: only while moving); Sure-Footed 2; Running 2 (for 10 ranks total); Quickness 2 (for 9 ranks total) (14 pts)

Updated by Heridfel

Okay, ready to spend my points.

4 are going to buy a device (something Dadealus made for Velocity)

Write up goes like this:

8) Device 1 (hard to lose): High-tech visor. [4 pp]

Super-Senses (5): Extended sight, Ultravision, Infravision, Radius (sight sense type)

The fifth point will buy a rank of Luck.

I also would make some changes in her array.

Free Slot: Strike 11 (Feats Accuracy 4 (+8 to hit), Power Attack, Defensive Attack, Elusive Target, Takedown Attack 2, Improved Critical 2 (18-20)) (22 pts)

Alt 1- Super Movement: Wall Running 2 (Flaw: Only while moving); Water Running (Flaw: only while moving); Permeate 3 (Flaw: only while moving); Sure-Footed 2; Running 2 (for 10 ranks total); Quickness 2 (for 9 ranks total) (14 pts)

Updated by Heridfel