HEROES (tv series)

Lex Luthor is Sylar's half-brother!

Man that was a nice touch. I'm looking forward to seeing how Nathan is going to get out of the mess he's found himself in. Also, it's about time Hiro came back into the center stage. He is still teh most interesting character on the show!

• 2 weeks later...

Never chase a shapeshifter.

So now Sylar has:

* Electrical Control

* Morph (any humanoid; Must touch someone to copy their appearance, Action/Full Round drawback)

* Regeneration (all conditions, including death; cannot resurrect if brain is destroyed) + Immunity (aging, poison, probably disease)

* Postcognition (must have item to focus on)

* Sonic Control (as a Cone Area Strike, possibly with an AP of Corrosion for when the original user grabbed someone and screamed their face off)

* Super-Senses (detect lie)

* Telekinesis (Damaging, Range/Perception; Subtle) + Leaping + Slow Fall? + Subtle Force Field?

* Transform (objects into gold; Duration/Continuous, Range/Touch)

And per the online graphic novels, he's got Transform (item to item with writing on it). The original owner used it to sign dozens of contracts at once.

Interesting they had an actual shapeshifter this time, since that had been the plan for Candice Willmer's power, but they decided to go with the Illusion-based Morph (altering your perceptions of how you see her) because they wanted all powers to be (more or less) purely mental things. Which does sorta-kinda work: Matt's telepathy, the various precogs, Nathan's flight as a form of TK, Meredith's fires as pyrokinesis, and even Claire's regen & Jessica/Niki's enhanced/super-str as a type of biofeedback. (There was an ep of The Bionic Woman where she worked with a psychic who excelled at biofeedback, for both Healing and Boost/physical ability scores; they got into a bit of a rivalry to see who could do things better. One notable advantage of bionics over psionics: bionics don't fail if your concentration wavers.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man I really get a kick out of this show.

I'm surprised that they can keep the storyline even halfway untangled.

Remember back in season one, when Hiro went to the future? Nathan was president but it was really Sylar. Well, they've set the stage for that to still happen. That's cool.

I wonder how much has changed and yet how much has stayed the same.

I still want to see what Chalres Deveaux and Peter talked about in the past. They still ahven't shown that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

It's official ... Hollywood Insider is reporting that Heroes will not be back next year.

It seemed inevitable but the news is nonetheless shocking: NBC’s drama Heroes won’t be back for a fifth season. The beleaguered drama only averaged 6.5 million viewers this year. It last aired on Feb. 8, when it only brought in a mere 4.4 million.

The show never managed to recapture those stellar ratings from its critically-beloved first season, when it averaged a whopping 14.5 million. There has been talk that NBC may air a movie that allows the producers to wrap up the story, but nothing has been set in stone. NBC will announce its fall lineup to advertisers Monday in New York.