HEROES (tv series)

What, there's no thread on this, either?!

Heroes season three will premiere on September 15, 2008 with a three-hour premiere event. The first hour will be a recap of the first two seasons, and the final two hours will be the premiere episode.

Heroes Returns; Origins Dies

Heroes will return to NBC on Sept. 15 with an expanded third-season opener, but network executives confirmed that the proposed prequel spinoff, Heroes: Origins, is officially dead.

"We consciously chose to rest [Heroes] this spring so that [creator] Tim Kring and his team could get ahead of the creative and build up to a massive event--a three-hour Heroes night," Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios, said during the network's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York on April 2. "On Monday, Sept. 15, we'll kick off with a Heroes clip show to try to bring back the audience and [then air] a massive two-hour Heroes film."

Silverman also explained why the heavily hyped, much-anticipated Heroes: Origins was scrapped. The show was originally conceived to help eliminate Heroes repeats, and directors and writers--including feature-film vets Kevin Smith, Eli Roth and Michael Dougherty--were already lined up before NBC dropped the idea.

"We were taxing our creative team to do too much around that," Silverman said. "We wanted 35 Heroes [episodes] and 12 Heroes: Origins, each of which was supposed to be a mini-movie and backdoor pilot. We reached far and challenged our people, and we decided it was better to focus on keeping the Heroes mothership as strong as possible."

Heroes will air Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. (NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)

The season 3 premiere was lter pushed back to Monday Sept 22nd.

Seth Green and Breckin Meyer to join cast?

And now... spoilers!

If you miss one episode you are going to be lost at some point. It is amazing how complex this show is. I stopped watching TV about the 4th episode in the second season. Now that I have the DVD I am going to try to catch up but it is still tough remembering everything from the first season.

It is definatly worth trying to watch all the episodes it is a great inspiration as both a player and GM. :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Hehe, I mainly said that in jest.

But while I normally might agree with you, I am not sure the rules of time travel work quite the way the do in most sci fi. If it did, a certain character should have vanished during the first few minutes of the premier after he changed the future he came from.

He might be outside of the timestream, but his existence is still tide to the events that shapped him taking place. When he altered that, then he cannot come into existance :)

But there are a lot of ways to justify his not being effectdd by the changes he caused. I would just say, given the twists the writers often seem to like to pull, I would not count out any former characters pissibly making a return at some point or in some way.

There's a lot of different ways to set up alternate realities, from "creation of a parallel timeline" to "rewrite the past instantly" to "slowly affected by the changes" (think Back to the Future) and also convergent realities (again, like Back to the Future, where the past was changed but things still turned out remarkably the same).

Me, I always figured that Mohinder's power was to survive doing incredibly ill-advised things. We'll see if that is still true for this season. I'm also glad to see Ando doing something awesome, though it's pretty clear from this season's theme that Hiro is overlooking one big possibility when accusing Ando of becoming a villain.

Tonight's episode shows that they just have too many threads going on here. I could frankly do without seeing Maya ever again, but they teased us with Mohinder, and Matt Parkman's spirit journey, and Nathan's ... man, nothing really happened with him. That was the Nikki/new girl storyline (and how can Micah sense his mother, anyway?)

But Ma Petrelli, wow. She makes up for nearly everything else. I still can't figure out why she [WE NEED REAL SPOILER TEXT].

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah!

I recently watched the DVDs of Season 1 and 2 and was really interested in the storyline they were going to do for the second season. Too bad it got chopped up due to the strike.

So far they're doing okay, but that day long eclipse was a little over teh top. :D

Hopefully, we'll see some really good stuff happen during the second half.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...