GM

"Hmmm. Good thing I brought some!" said Jones, half happy half furious. He patted the inside of his jacket. Not too hard, however. 

Stomp Stomp Stomp

The sounds of Jones armoured boots on the metal floor. He wasn't rushing, but he wasn't slacking either. At the end of a corridor was a door with. 

CAUTION - METAPHASIC RADIATION

Written in large red letters. 

"There" he muttered. "This place is poison. They hurt someone good. Someone trying to stop them, trying to do the right thing, the right way. All that happened is someone got hurt badly. So now, its time to do the right thing the wrong way...the way that works...."

He brought explosives. Inside his jacket? In that haphazardly put together armor? Just one wrong hit and he'd blow himself up.

Jones was crazy. That had to be it. Honestly, how could anyone try pulling something like this off without being crazy? He had to be, honestly! It was the only way it made any sense!

And then, they reached Metaphasic lab, and it seemed to be what Jones was here for. Robin guessed she had been right about him doing this for Anna, but would that even work? "Right. You blow this place up, and so what?" She pointed to the big CAUTION word. "Who knows what'll happen if you blow something like that up in the first place? If you're lucky, you just take out the whole block. If your friend tried to do this legally, then how do you think he'll feel about you doing it like this?" She paused for a moment. There might be plenty of evidence in there, or even something about what had happened to Anna. Maybe, if she got the chance, she could help. "I'm good with computers. Let me at one of the computers in there and I'll see if I can find something that can help."

GM

For the first time, Jones paused and actually properly contemplated what Justice said. He chewed his lip in thought. 

"Mhammm....Anna...I mean ah....I was told blowing it up would work real good" he said, about 75% sure of himself. This was a drop of 25%. Maybe more. 

"I got enough explosives for this building. Ahm pretty sure its only gonna blow up this building" he said, chewing his lip again. "But..."

Legasp! He was capitulating!

"I spose if you know computers and fancy stuff like that, maybe would could be sure we only blow up this place, and nobody else gets hurt, right?" he asked Justice, hoping for reassurance. 

He was not a main for inactivity at the best of times, and with his body flush with rage, his brain sparking with catecholamines, he was not going to stop now. He tore down the lab door like it was paper. 

Inside, there was indeed a laboratory, full of computers and gadgets and stuff that looked and indeed was very scientific. In the centre, a cylinder of reinforced glass full of glowing green gas that looked semi-transculcent. 

Around the laboratory walls were a number of robots. They looked rather like Nuetron Industry Killbots. After all, they had "NEUTON INDUSTRY KILLBOT" stenciled onto their chests. They were man sized, armoured, with blasters and photonic eyes. And most were half dissasembled, with wires and monitoring devices leading to the computer banks. The remaining few robots were more than half dissasembled - and little more than spare parts. 

He mentioned Anna. Robin was right after all! It felt kind of good, she had to admit that, being right just once in a while. And she was maybe actually winning him over now? He still wanted to blow up the place, but he was doubting whether he'd overdo it? That was actually pretty good. Meant he wasn't completely mad bomber crazy just yet. It gave Robin some hope that she could try to talk to him, still.

"Yeah, I can try, at least. Take down the place, but try to make sure nobody gets hurt. I can probably live with that, but give me a chance to get some data first, alright? Maybe I can use it to help your friend." Common ground at least, so of course Robin had to keep at that.

They had a ton of stuff in the laboratory. To be honest, it was kind of a mess, but it wasn't like Robin was one to talk. Only reason she managed to keep that labs at campus neat was to make sure that nobody saw what she was really working on, after all, and yet, Jones had managed to salvage some of her old prototypes for part of his armor, it seemed. 

"Wait a moment." Raising her gun, Robin pointed out the robots around the room. Right, Jones was starting to win her over on blowing this place to kingdom come. Who actually called their robots killbots? This place was way too obvious about being run by bad guys. "Those things might be in pieces, but they could still be functioning. Don't want them waking up all of a sudden, right? Keep an eye on them while I check out the computer they're hooked up to." Gun still drawn, Robin began making her way around the Killbots, keeping an eye on them as she made her way to the monitors they were hooked up to start. She'd put the Justice Buster down on the table next to it if it had space, otherwise holster it. Then, time to get to work.

GM

Jones was not smart, clearly, but he was not exactly a fool. Yet, however slim the prospect of helping Anna was (other than in the way of Revenge!) he could not pass up the chance. He gave a noncholant shrug, but behind the pose was a gleaming sliver of hope that shone over his face. 

The computer had security on it, of course, but Robin cut through the system like a knife through butter. She knew the flow of data and the stream of code. The problem was not the systems design, but the systems design. 

Or to put it another way, it was easy for her to get in, but once she was in, the system was a mess. The amount of data was immense, and poorly ordered. Finding anything of value here would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. With the smallest needle in the world, and the largest haystack. 

"Come on..." grumbled an impatient Jones. And not without reason - for the time was short, and reinforcements or some other reprisal was surely minutes away at best. 

"Boom boom, shake the room!" he grunted in a deep voice, taking out his brick of plastic explosives complete with home made (and rather well made) timer. 

"I'm trying, I'm trying. This thing's a mess. There's data everywhere, no structure or order." She kept working while she was talking. Oddly, it helped her focus. There had to be something here, some kind of way to structure it right and start a proper search. Start out with metaphasic radiation. Work from that. And remember to get some way to store data in her suit in the future, for situations like this. 

How could anyone even work at something like this? It was such a mess? "Its like you have this whole huge library of books and everything is just scattered all over the floor. Takes a while to figure out anything in a mess like this." She paused for a moment. It was a mess, unless she got lucky, there was no way she would be able to figure anything out from this. Maybe there was something around she could use to store the data on? 

GM

Of course, the search result produced results. Unfortunately, a lot of results!

The principle could be determined - metaphasic reaction, a theoretical (although by the looks of it, this laboratory had made the theoretical a little more practical) hyperdimensional radiation that could phase matter (or energy) out of reality. Or it could phase reality out of matter (or energy). It was all relative, really...

Predictably, there looked like there had been ideas to weaponise this. Quite how, that was another matter. 

"You go ahead and shove that computer. I'm going to plant the explosives..." grumbled Jones, proceeding to start doing just that!