Immunity to Will saves and Mental Blast questions

Geez3r

I've got 2 questions for Immunity to Will saves

1) Person A has Immunity to Will saves and is attacked by Person B who has Mental Blast with the No Saving throw extra. Who trumps who? I believe Person A suffers no ill effects of the attack.

2) Person B tries to Intimidate Person A. Can Person A oppose Person B with his Will save and there by be immune?

A question on Mental Blast

1) Person A has Mind Blast, and uses it on Person B who having a +4 bonus to Will saves, fails by 3 and takes a bruise. On the next round Person A Mind Blasts Person B again, but Person B still uses his whole +4 bonus again because that bruise does not affect his Will save. Is this correct?

1) Person A has Immunity to Will saves and is attacked by Person B who has Mental Blast with the No Saving throw extra. Who trumps who? I believe Person A suffers no ill effects of the attack.

Under the description of the No Save extra in UP, it says Immunity trumps No SAve powers.

2) Person B tries to Intimidate Person A. Can Person A oppose Person B with his Will save and there by be immune?

I... am not sure.

1) Person A has Mind Blast, and uses it on Person B who having a +4 bonus to Will saves, fails by 3 and takes a bruise. On the next round Person A Mind Blasts Person B again, but Person B still uses his whole +4 bonus again because that bruise does not affect his Will save. Is this correct?

Strictly by the rules, yes, since bruises & so on impose a penalty on the Toughness save against further damage. However, I could see a case for a house rule where damage from non-Toughness save effects (like Mental Blast or an Alt Save/Fortitude Damage effect) could impose a similar penalty on that type of save, at least in regards to Damage effects calling for that save.

• 3 weeks later...